Wednesday, April 08, 2015
USA Network will roll out one of its largest slates of summer premieres ever, with a total of five original dramas, two reality series and one comedy. USA's summer schedule features two new original dramas, including the award-winning Mr. Robot on Wednesday, June 24 at 10/9C. This intense hacker drama, from creator Sam Esmail, recently won the SXSW Audience Award and is an official selection of the Tribeca Film Festival. The series stars Rami Malek (The Pacific) and Christian Slater (The Adderall Diaries). Matt Nix, the brilliant creator of USA's Burn Notice, returns to the network this summer as the creator and executive producer of Complications, an unpredictable thriller starring Jason O'Mara (Terra Nova) and Jessica Szohr (Gossip Girl). The series premieres with a two-hour event, featuring new back-to-back one-hour episodes on Thursday, June 18 at 9/8c. No word yet on a date for new drama Colony, which has a 10 episode order. That series is a naturalistic drama produced by Carlton Cuse (Lost, Bates Motel) and Ryan Condal (Hercules) and stars Josh Holloway (Lost) and Sarah Wayne Callies (The Walking Dead)
Returning series this summer are: Chrisely Knows Best, with an 18-episode third season that will air in two parts with 12 episodes this summer starting June 2; drama Royal Pains returns June 2 with its seventh season; Suits returns June 24 for its fifth season; Graceland returns for season three beginning June 25; and sophomore comedy Playing House returns Aug. 4.
Family Guy is turning 250! Tune in to the all-new 250th episode of Family Guy Sunday, May 3, at 9/8c on Fox and don't miss the network premiere of Taken, starring Liam Neeson, Friday, May 1, at 8/7c. On the 250th episode, Peter claims he would beat Liam Neeson (guest-voicing as himself) in a fight, but when he is put to the test, he learns that winning is tougher than it seems. Meanwhile, Stewie becomes jealous when Lois decides to be a class mom and starts paying more attention to the other kids rather than him in the all-new "Fighting Irish" 250th episode of Family Guy airing Sunday, May 3 from 9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT on Fox.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 29
Henry Danger - "Stuck in Two Holes" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Whaaaat?!? Captain Man and Kid Danger are each stuck in a hole?!? Charlotte and Jasper better go help, 'cuz Schwoz is takin' a bean bath!
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "I Want My Mae B. Back" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Mae starts to spend more time with her new boyfriend, Dawn begins to get jealous so enlists Nicky, Ricky, and Dicky to help separate them so that she can have her friend back.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.