Monday, March 23, 2015
Reba is coming to TV Land next week! Starting Monday, March 30, the sitcom starring Reba McEntire will air on the network weeknights from approx. 1-2am following Friends. And Reba will also air in various blocks on weekends, but you'll have to check as it varies every weekend. Reba will continue to air on sister network CMT every evening from 5-8pm. There will be some other changes to the TV Land schedule as well. Starting April 1, America's Funniest Home Videos will air weekdays at 6pm & 7pm, replacing Walker Texas Ranger, which will leave the line-up completely. Other changes will occur starting March 30, with Three's Company airing weekdays 9-10am, followed by The Brady Bunch from 10-11am and Gilligan's Island returns and will air from 11am-1pm. TV Land Goes West with Gunsmoke and Bonanza from 1-5pm into Family Feud from 5-6pm. Then the aforementioned AFV from 6-8pm leads into more Family Feud from 8-9pm. In primetime, Raymond still airs at 9pm into King of Queens from 10pm-12am. Following Friends and Reba in late night will be Raymond from 2-3am, Roseanne from 3-4am, That '70s Show from 4-5am and Three's Company from 5-6am.
Weekends will be various blocks with shows like The Nanny, The Golden Girls, The Brady Bunch, Family Feud, AFV, Reba, Friends, Raymond and The King of Queens. And finally, there is one more item of news from TV Land April 2015, but we can't share that with you...yet. Hint: it was a TV Land staple and hasn't aired since 2012, but will return in April. Stay tuned! And keep it right here for continued updates.
First Mr. T, now another favorite is heading to DIY Network. Performer, actor, comedian and musician Jim Belushi, who recently reprised the legendary Blues Brothers routine with Dan Aykroyd on the Saturday Night Live 40th Anniversary special, is coming to DIY Network in Building Belushi. The network has started production on the six-episode series that will follow Jim and his team of experts as they build a riverfront retreat cabin in Eagle Point, Oregon. After starring roles in films, on Broadway, touring the country with his improv comedy troupe The Board of Comedy and his bands The Sacred Hearts and The Blues Brothers, and on the long-running television series According to Jim, Belushi says he is looking forward to unwinding on the river with friends and family. Jim is a home-renovation enthusiast and he's ready for this challenge on the Rogue River.
After purchasing 13 acres of a former 1930s Elks picnic ground, Jim and his team begin the process of constructing the ultimate retreat cabin. In each episode, Jim learns to craft his vision to fit within the nature of the river country life, including the often unpredictable realities and set-backs of home building and renovation. Building Belushi joins a roster of celebrity-focused, renovation-themed series on DIY Network, including I Pity the Tool (Mr. T), The Vanilla Ice Project (Vanilla Ice), Daryl's Restoration Over-Hall (Daryl Hall), The Shatner Project (William Shatner) and Rev Run's Renovation (Rev Run from Run DMC).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, January 19
The Big Bang Theory - "The Romance Calibration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Penny feels that Leonard is taking her for granted, she decides to go on a spa weekend with Amy. Also, Wolowitz and Koothrappali try to fix a squeaky floorboard in the baby’s room.
The Great Indoors - "Mason Blows Up" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack tries to reassert his dominance as a reporter after Mason scores an investigative coup that turns him into an overnight celebrity. Also, Clark’s low self-esteem causes him to give Emma relationship advice about other guys instead of asking her out himself
Mom - "Good Karma and the Big Weird" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie encourages Christy to pursue Marjorie’s charming nephew, Nick, despite the fact that he’s been declared off limits. Chris Pratt, husband of MOM star Anna Faris, guest stars as Nick, Marjorie’s nephew.
Life in Pieces - "Tailgate Spiral Souvenir Seating" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Colleen and Matt host the family tailgate party at the L.A. Rams game, they invite former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner to spice up their so far dismal event. Also, Tim’s in danger of missing the game when Sophia makes him take her to the restroom and they get sidetracked returning to their seats; Joan and Jen try to sneak into seats closer to the field; and Greg wins a chance to participate in a halftime contest involving a football toss.
The Good Place - "Mindy St. Claire" / "Michael's Gambit" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the help of Chidi (William Jackson Harper) and Tahani (Jameela Jamil), Michael (Ted Danson) faces his biggest challenge yet. Meanwhile, Eleanor (Kristen Bell), Jianyu (Manny Jacinto) and Janet (D'Arcy Carden) are faced with a monumental decision.
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) and her friends contemplate their fates in the Good Place.
Baskets - "Freaks" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chip has to decide between a tarp and snacks.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.