Monday, March 23, 2015
Reba is coming to TV Land next week! Starting Monday, March 30, the sitcom starring Reba McEntire will air on the network weeknights from approx. 1-2am following Friends. And Reba will also air in various blocks on weekends, but you'll have to check as it varies every weekend. Reba will continue to air on sister network CMT every evening from 5-8pm. There will be some other changes to the TV Land schedule as well. Starting April 1, America's Funniest Home Videos will air weekdays at 6pm & 7pm, replacing Walker Texas Ranger, which will leave the line-up completely. Other changes will occur starting March 30, with Three's Company airing weekdays 9-10am, followed by The Brady Bunch from 10-11am and Gilligan's Island returns and will air from 11am-1pm. TV Land Goes West with Gunsmoke and Bonanza from 1-5pm into Family Feud from 5-6pm. Then the aforementioned AFV from 6-8pm leads into more Family Feud from 8-9pm. In primetime, Raymond still airs at 9pm into King of Queens from 10pm-12am. Following Friends and Reba in late night will be Raymond from 2-3am, Roseanne from 3-4am, That '70s Show from 4-5am and Three's Company from 5-6am.
Weekends will be various blocks with shows like The Nanny, The Golden Girls, The Brady Bunch, Family Feud, AFV, Reba, Friends, Raymond and The King of Queens. And finally, there is one more item of news from TV Land April 2015, but we can't share that with you...yet. Hint: it was a TV Land staple and hasn't aired since 2012, but will return in April. Stay tuned! And keep it right here for continued updates.
First Mr. T, now another favorite is heading to DIY Network. Performer, actor, comedian and musician Jim Belushi, who recently reprised the legendary Blues Brothers routine with Dan Aykroyd on the Saturday Night Live 40th Anniversary special, is coming to DIY Network in Building Belushi. The network has started production on the six-episode series that will follow Jim and his team of experts as they build a riverfront retreat cabin in Eagle Point, Oregon. After starring roles in films, on Broadway, touring the country with his improv comedy troupe The Board of Comedy and his bands The Sacred Hearts and The Blues Brothers, and on the long-running television series According to Jim, Belushi says he is looking forward to unwinding on the river with friends and family. Jim is a home-renovation enthusiast and he's ready for this challenge on the Rogue River.
After purchasing 13 acres of a former 1930s Elks picnic ground, Jim and his team begin the process of constructing the ultimate retreat cabin. In each episode, Jim learns to craft his vision to fit within the nature of the river country life, including the often unpredictable realities and set-backs of home building and renovation. Building Belushi joins a roster of celebrity-focused, renovation-themed series on DIY Network, including I Pity the Tool (Mr. T), The Vanilla Ice Project (Vanilla Ice), Daryl's Restoration Over-Hall (Daryl Hall), The Shatner Project (William Shatner) and Rev Run's Renovation (Rev Run from Run DMC).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.