Wednesday, March 11, 2015
Fox is announcing summer premiere dates for the returns of MasterChef, Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? and the Season 12 premiere of So You Think You Can Dance; as well as the series premiere date for new series Boom!. Host and award-winning chef Gordon Ramsay returns for Season Six of MasterChef, when it premieres with a special two-hour event Wednesday, May 20 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. The culinary smash hit moves into its regular time period the following week on Wednesday, May 27 at 8:00PM ET/PT. Popular quiz show Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? returns for a brand-new season, beginning Tuesday, May 26 at 8:00PM ET/PT. So You Think You Can Dance enters its 12th season on a new night on Monday, June 1 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. The series is hosted by Cat Deeley, and featuring returning judge Nigel Lythgoe and new judges Paula Abdul and Jason Derulo. Combining high drama and high stakes with high comedy in a fun-filled, trivia-charged, slime-soaked, entertainment explosion, new quiz show Boom!, hosted by comedian Tom Papa (The Marriage Ref), premieres Thursday, June 25 at 8:00PM ET/PT. As previously announced, Thursday, May 14 at 9:00PM ET/PT marks Fox Broadcasting Company (Fox) and Fox International Channels' global premiere of the 10-episode, intense psychological thriller Wayward Pines.
Fox's in-season finales include: Backstrom (Thursday, April 30; 9:00PM ET/PT), Gotham (Monday, May 4; 8:00PM ET/PT), New Girl (Tuesday, May 5; 9:00PM ET/PT), Weird Loners (Tuesday, May 5; 9:30PM ET/PT), American Idol (Tuesday, May 12; 9:00PM ET and Wednesday, May 13; 8:00-10:00 PM ET), The Simpsons (Sunday, May 17; 8:00PM ET/PT), Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Sunday, May 17; 8:30PM ET/PT), Family Guy (Sunday, May 17; 9:00PM ET/PT), The Following (Monday, May 18; 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), Bones (Thursday, June 4; 8:00PM ET/PT) and Hell's Kitchen (Tuesday, June 9; 9:00PM ET/PT). Additional finale dates, summer premiere dates and schedule information to be announced.
Comic legend Rob Reiner (All in the Family) will guest star in two episodes of the highly anticipated new comedy series HAPPYish, premiering Sunday, April 26 at 9:30 pm ET/PT on Showtime. Reiner, playing a version of himself, will work with Thom Payne (series star Steve Coogan) on an important ad campaign. HAPPYish is a scathing examination of our pursuit of happiness, a pursuit that might just be the very thing causing our unhappiness in the first place. The new half-hour series stars Oscar(R) and Golden Globe(R) nominee Steve Coogan (Philomena, Alan Partridge), as Thom Payne, a 44 year-old man whose world is thrown into disarray when his 25 year-old "wunderkind" boss arrives, saying things like "digital," "social" and "viral."
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 22
Henry Danger - "Green Fingers" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
fter Schwoz creates a disease that accidentally effects Charlotte, Henry, his family, and even Ray, he quarantines them in Henry’s house in order to find a cure.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "This Little Piggy Went to the Harpers" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When The Quads kidnap a rival soccer team’s pig mascot as a prank, they have to pass it off as Anne’s surprise birthday present in order to not get caught forgetting her birthday.
Monday, April 24
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Watch Kathryn on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about the new series I Love Dick on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Briga Heelan (Great News/Ground Floor) - Briga is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Matt Walsh (Veep), Mary Holland (Blunt Talk) and Timothy Simons (Veep) - Matt, Mary and Timothy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about making her Broadway debut in Present Laughter on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Katie Gill (Baby Daddy) - Katie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa joins Clinton Kelly in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert with an ingredient she’s never had before—Rhubarb on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate talks about 13 Reasons Why on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.