Wednesday, March 11, 2015
Fox is announcing summer premiere dates for the returns of MasterChef, Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? and the Season 12 premiere of So You Think You Can Dance; as well as the series premiere date for new series Boom!. Host and award-winning chef Gordon Ramsay returns for Season Six of MasterChef, when it premieres with a special two-hour event Wednesday, May 20 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. The culinary smash hit moves into its regular time period the following week on Wednesday, May 27 at 8:00PM ET/PT. Popular quiz show Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? returns for a brand-new season, beginning Tuesday, May 26 at 8:00PM ET/PT. So You Think You Can Dance enters its 12th season on a new night on Monday, June 1 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. The series is hosted by Cat Deeley, and featuring returning judge Nigel Lythgoe and new judges Paula Abdul and Jason Derulo. Combining high drama and high stakes with high comedy in a fun-filled, trivia-charged, slime-soaked, entertainment explosion, new quiz show Boom!, hosted by comedian Tom Papa (The Marriage Ref), premieres Thursday, June 25 at 8:00PM ET/PT. As previously announced, Thursday, May 14 at 9:00PM ET/PT marks Fox Broadcasting Company (Fox) and Fox International Channels' global premiere of the 10-episode, intense psychological thriller Wayward Pines.
Fox's in-season finales include: Backstrom (Thursday, April 30; 9:00PM ET/PT), Gotham (Monday, May 4; 8:00PM ET/PT), New Girl (Tuesday, May 5; 9:00PM ET/PT), Weird Loners (Tuesday, May 5; 9:30PM ET/PT), American Idol (Tuesday, May 12; 9:00PM ET and Wednesday, May 13; 8:00-10:00 PM ET), The Simpsons (Sunday, May 17; 8:00PM ET/PT), Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Sunday, May 17; 8:30PM ET/PT), Family Guy (Sunday, May 17; 9:00PM ET/PT), The Following (Monday, May 18; 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), Bones (Thursday, June 4; 8:00PM ET/PT) and Hell's Kitchen (Tuesday, June 9; 9:00PM ET/PT). Additional finale dates, summer premiere dates and schedule information to be announced.
Comic legend Rob Reiner (All in the Family) will guest star in two episodes of the highly anticipated new comedy series HAPPYish, premiering Sunday, April 26 at 9:30 pm ET/PT on Showtime. Reiner, playing a version of himself, will work with Thom Payne (series star Steve Coogan) on an important ad campaign. HAPPYish is a scathing examination of our pursuit of happiness, a pursuit that might just be the very thing causing our unhappiness in the first place. The new half-hour series stars Oscar(R) and Golden Globe(R) nominee Steve Coogan (Philomena, Alan Partridge), as Thom Payne, a 44 year-old man whose world is thrown into disarray when his 25 year-old "wunderkind" boss arrives, saying things like "digital," "social" and "viral."
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, January 16
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin vs. the Dutch Elm" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Kevin tries to charm his neighbor into giving him permission to cut down one of her trees, he becomes intimidated by her imposing son, Rutger (retired MMA Fighter and UFC Heavyweight Champion Bas Rutten), and invites them over for a non-existent party.
Man with a Plan - "A Dinner Gone Wrong" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Andi and Marcy realize they were rivals in high school, Adam and Don are dragged into the feud and forced to take sides.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Stalking Dead" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Max and Caroline get their big break when they’re cast as zombie extras after they finally arrive at the movie set in Texas where Randy is working. Back at home, Han and Oleg try their hand at construction after they fire the contractor working on the dessert bar. Beth Littleford guest stars as Bonnie, the assistant director of the zombie movie.
The Odd Couple - "Batman vs. The Penguin" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Murph gets Oscar to agree to participate in a regular TV segment where he competes with a penguin at the zoo to predict the winners of hockey games. Also, Emily and Felix take their first steps to becoming just friends. Former professional hockey player Luc Robitaille guest stars as himself.
Monday, January 16
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Watch Michael on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- B.J. Novak (The Office) - B.J. visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Hodgman (Married) - John is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Eugene Mirman (Bob's Burgers) - Eugene appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss will be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo chats on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Craig Robinson (Mr. Robinson/The Office) - Craig is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael talks about The Founder on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The College Years) - Mario appears on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.