Wednesday, March 11, 2015
Fox is announcing summer premiere dates for the returns of MasterChef, Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? and the Season 12 premiere of So You Think You Can Dance; as well as the series premiere date for new series Boom!. Host and award-winning chef Gordon Ramsay returns for Season Six of MasterChef, when it premieres with a special two-hour event Wednesday, May 20 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. The culinary smash hit moves into its regular time period the following week on Wednesday, May 27 at 8:00PM ET/PT. Popular quiz show Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? returns for a brand-new season, beginning Tuesday, May 26 at 8:00PM ET/PT. So You Think You Can Dance enters its 12th season on a new night on Monday, June 1 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. The series is hosted by Cat Deeley, and featuring returning judge Nigel Lythgoe and new judges Paula Abdul and Jason Derulo. Combining high drama and high stakes with high comedy in a fun-filled, trivia-charged, slime-soaked, entertainment explosion, new quiz show Boom!, hosted by comedian Tom Papa (The Marriage Ref), premieres Thursday, June 25 at 8:00PM ET/PT. As previously announced, Thursday, May 14 at 9:00PM ET/PT marks Fox Broadcasting Company (Fox) and Fox International Channels' global premiere of the 10-episode, intense psychological thriller Wayward Pines.
Fox's in-season finales include: Backstrom (Thursday, April 30; 9:00PM ET/PT), Gotham (Monday, May 4; 8:00PM ET/PT), New Girl (Tuesday, May 5; 9:00PM ET/PT), Weird Loners (Tuesday, May 5; 9:30PM ET/PT), American Idol (Tuesday, May 12; 9:00PM ET and Wednesday, May 13; 8:00-10:00 PM ET), The Simpsons (Sunday, May 17; 8:00PM ET/PT), Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Sunday, May 17; 8:30PM ET/PT), Family Guy (Sunday, May 17; 9:00PM ET/PT), The Following (Monday, May 18; 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), Bones (Thursday, June 4; 8:00PM ET/PT) and Hell's Kitchen (Tuesday, June 9; 9:00PM ET/PT). Additional finale dates, summer premiere dates and schedule information to be announced.
Comic legend Rob Reiner (All in the Family) will guest star in two episodes of the highly anticipated new comedy series HAPPYish, premiering Sunday, April 26 at 9:30 pm ET/PT on Showtime. Reiner, playing a version of himself, will work with Thom Payne (series star Steve Coogan) on an important ad campaign. HAPPYish is a scathing examination of our pursuit of happiness, a pursuit that might just be the very thing causing our unhappiness in the first place. The new half-hour series stars Oscar(R) and Golden Globe(R) nominee Steve Coogan (Philomena, Alan Partridge), as Thom Payne, a 44 year-old man whose world is thrown into disarray when his 25 year-old "wunderkind" boss arrives, saying things like "digital," "social" and "viral."
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 23
Downward Dog - "Boundaries" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Nan installs an automatic dog door so she can take away Jason’s key but still keep him as Martin’s dog walker, Martin is convinced he can suddenly open doors with his mind, and the new-found power goes to his head. Meanwhile at work, Nan’s boss is unable to understand the new ad campaign Nan sold to the corporate bosses, and he spirals into confusion.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bank Job" / "Crime & Punishment" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jake and Rosa continue their search for a bank-robbing operation with Lieutenant Hawkins (guest star Gina Gershon), they realize there’s more to her team than meets the eye. After discovering a dangerous secret, they call for back-up from Holt and Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). Meanwhile, Boyle objects to Gina’s new boyfriend (guest star Ryan Phillipe). Then, Jake and Rosa are framed for a crime they didn’t commit, it’s up to the Nine-Nine to find a way to bust them out.
Great News - "Carol Has a Bully" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Carol (Andrea Martin) has a midterm she must pass in order to keep her internship. Katie (Briga Heelan) needs to choose between helping her mom and focusing on her hacking story, which she can't seem to crack. Meanwhile, Greg's (Adam Campbell) wealthy estranged grandmother (guest star Christina Pickles) pays a visit to the office. Chuck (John Michael Higgins) finds her cold and cruel, but almost immediately falls in love with her.
Great News - "Carol's Eleven" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) makes a huge discovery about the story she's been chasing and, with the help of Carol (Andrea Martin) and the rest of the staff, concocts a scheme to get the story out. Greg (Adam Campbell) struggles with balancing his conflicting loyalties to his family, co-workers and conscience.
Mann & Wife - "Mann, Shut Yo Mouth" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Struggling to solve a tough case, an exhausted Daniel falls asleep and wakes up in a 70's blaxploitation cop show.
Tuesday, May 23
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Catch Terry on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rob Huebel (Trasparent/Burning Love) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to The Captain/Gary Unmarried), Andrew Santino (I'm Dying Up Here/Sin City Saints) and Erik Griffin (I'm Dying Up Here) - Al, Andrew and Erik are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (I'm Dying Up Here/Bad Teacher) - Ari stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ben Falcone (Nobodies/A to Z/Joey) - Ben drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim talks about her new book Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and The Big Bang Theory on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle teams up with Clinton Kelly to grill up a great entrée on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nicole Byer ( Loosely Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- The Love Boat Cast - The cast of The Love Boat reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on AOL Build Show 4pm.