Wednesday, March 11, 2015
Fox is announcing summer premiere dates for the returns of MasterChef, Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? and the Season 12 premiere of So You Think You Can Dance; as well as the series premiere date for new series Boom!. Host and award-winning chef Gordon Ramsay returns for Season Six of MasterChef, when it premieres with a special two-hour event Wednesday, May 20 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. The culinary smash hit moves into its regular time period the following week on Wednesday, May 27 at 8:00PM ET/PT. Popular quiz show Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? returns for a brand-new season, beginning Tuesday, May 26 at 8:00PM ET/PT. So You Think You Can Dance enters its 12th season on a new night on Monday, June 1 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. The series is hosted by Cat Deeley, and featuring returning judge Nigel Lythgoe and new judges Paula Abdul and Jason Derulo. Combining high drama and high stakes with high comedy in a fun-filled, trivia-charged, slime-soaked, entertainment explosion, new quiz show Boom!, hosted by comedian Tom Papa (The Marriage Ref), premieres Thursday, June 25 at 8:00PM ET/PT. As previously announced, Thursday, May 14 at 9:00PM ET/PT marks Fox Broadcasting Company (Fox) and Fox International Channels' global premiere of the 10-episode, intense psychological thriller Wayward Pines.
Fox's in-season finales include: Backstrom (Thursday, April 30; 9:00PM ET/PT), Gotham (Monday, May 4; 8:00PM ET/PT), New Girl (Tuesday, May 5; 9:00PM ET/PT), Weird Loners (Tuesday, May 5; 9:30PM ET/PT), American Idol (Tuesday, May 12; 9:00PM ET and Wednesday, May 13; 8:00-10:00 PM ET), The Simpsons (Sunday, May 17; 8:00PM ET/PT), Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Sunday, May 17; 8:30PM ET/PT), Family Guy (Sunday, May 17; 9:00PM ET/PT), The Following (Monday, May 18; 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), Bones (Thursday, June 4; 8:00PM ET/PT) and Hell's Kitchen (Tuesday, June 9; 9:00PM ET/PT). Additional finale dates, summer premiere dates and schedule information to be announced.
Comic legend Rob Reiner (All in the Family) will guest star in two episodes of the highly anticipated new comedy series HAPPYish, premiering Sunday, April 26 at 9:30 pm ET/PT on Showtime. Reiner, playing a version of himself, will work with Thom Payne (series star Steve Coogan) on an important ad campaign. HAPPYish is a scathing examination of our pursuit of happiness, a pursuit that might just be the very thing causing our unhappiness in the first place. The new half-hour series stars Oscar(R) and Golden Globe(R) nominee Steve Coogan (Philomena, Alan Partridge), as Thom Payne, a 44 year-old man whose world is thrown into disarray when his 25 year-old "wunderkind" boss arrives, saying things like "digital," "social" and "viral."
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, February 28
Fresh Off the Boat - "Living While Eddie" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After her precious morning papaya goes missing and the dishwasher was used for its actual purpose rather than just a drying rack, Jessica automatically accuses Eddie as the culprit. Yet when a record store manager accuses him of stealing a CD, she realizes he has other motives for his actions. Meanwhile, Louis and Emery are bursting with excitement when a TV crew comes to shoot an infomercial at Cattleman’s Ranch.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Heartbreak" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Devastated by his break-up with Brett, Kenny tags along with Pat and Jimmy to a Lonely Hearts happy hour, but when they try to use Kenny’s sadness to get attention from single ladies, Kenny inadvertently steals the show. Meanwhile, Eileen shuns the usual Valentine’s Day traditions until a chance encounter changes her mind.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
New Girl - "Young Adult" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Jess worries that she may not be a cool enough principal, she recruits Nick and “The Pepperwood Chronicles” to help make her popular with the students. Meanwhile, Schmidt hires an eager and overly-aggressive new assistant and Winston realizes that Furguson may be two-timing him.
The Mick - "The New Girl" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Mickey believes Ben’s school is discriminating against him, she stands up for her nephew. Meanwhile, Sabrina and Chip spend time with Alba and learn some surprising things about her.
Kevin Can Wait - "The Power of Positive Drinking" (CBS, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Kevin takes a job as a bartender, he goes too far when he starts dispensing unsolicited advice to his customers.
The Detour - "The Tub" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
As Nate and Robin contemplate having another child, a neighbor's casual get together turns into a home birth; Delilah learns about being a third wheel.
Teachers - "Thirty-One and Done" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Ms. Snap struggles with the idea of turning thirty-one and tries to regain her youth. Ms. Bennigan offers to babysit Blake for Hot Dad. The Teachers deal with every teacher’s nightmare when the copier breaks down.
Tuesday, February 28
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also talks about Table 19 on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 9am hour.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Natalie Zea (The Detour) - Natalie is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Dan Bucatinsky (Marry Me/The Comeback) - Dan drops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. She also talks about the new season of Nashville on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David drops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Katherine LaNasa (Three Sisters) - Katherine bakes a Mardi Gras king cake on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig talks about Table 19 on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh talks about his The Arrangement on the AOL Build Show at 5pm. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Tiffani Thiessen (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The College Years) - Tiffani is a guest on The Doctors, so check your local listings.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate appears on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:50am.