Monday, March 02, 2015
ABC Family announced the network has green-lit a fifth season of its hit original comedy series Baby Daddy. The order came just as production has wrapped on the series' fourth season. Baby Daddy is currently airing all-new episodes Wednesday nights at 8:30PM, and the Season 4A finale will air on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 8:30PM ET/PT on ABC Family. Returning with 1-year highs for its Winter 2015 Season 4 premiere across target demos, to date, Baby Daddy ranks as cable TV's #1 series on Wednesdays at 8:30pm in Adults 18-34, Women 18-34 and Females 12-34 and is the #1 original cable TV telecast in Women 18-49 (616,000/1.0 rating). The series was also recently nominated for a People's Choice Award for Favorite Cable TV Comedy. Baby Daddy of course stars Jean-Luc Bilodeau as Ben Wheeler, Chelsea Kane as Riley, Tahj Mowry as Tucker, Derek Theler as Danny Wheeler and Melissa Peterman as Bonnie Wheeler. Upcoming guests include more of Christa B. Allen as well as Reba. Stay with us for continued updates on all things Baby Daddy and ABC Family.
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network announced that it is ordering additional episodes of its four popular Tyler Perry scripted series including 23 one-hour episodes of the drama The Haves and the Have Nots; 22 one-hour episodes of the companion drama If Loving You is Wrong; 22 half-hour episodes of the comedy Love Thy Neighbor; and 20 half-hour episodes of the comedy For Better or Worse. We'll detail the two latter ones since they are sitcoms. Love Thy Neighbor will have its season finale on Wednesday, March 18 at 9 pm ET/PT) - In the season finale of the beloved comedy set at The Love Train Diner, Mama Hattie's (Patrice Lovely) daughter Linda's (Kendra C. Johnson) baby shower is interrupted by a very big surprise.
Love Thy Neighbor is followed a week later by the season premiere of the long-running "dramedy," For Better or Worse. In the Season 4 premiere on Friday, March 27 at 9pm ET/PT) - The series follows the ups and downs of dating and marriage and centers on Angela Williams (Tasha Smith), the owner of a successful beauty salon, and her husband of 13 years, Marcus (Michael Jai White). This new season, Keisha (Kiki Haynes) and Richard's (Kent Faulcon) messy divorce causes tensions among their entire group of friends as well as creates problems for C Sports. Richard leans heavily on his friendship with Marcus and Angela as he is forced to move in with them during this difficult time. Meanwhile, Joseph (Jason Olive) and Leslie (Crystle Stewart) are settling into life together and begin the harrowing task of planning a wedding. Despite it all, this season delivers more laughs than ever as this cast of characters deal with these uncanny situations in the most eclectic and unconventional ways. Keep it right here for continued updates.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, September 28
The Goldbergs - "I Heart Video Dating" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Erica and Lainey try to find Bill a woman of interest by using new technology for dating. They recruit Adam to create a demo reel, but Beverly insists she will find someone the old fashioned way. Meanwhile, after a “failed” aptitude test, Barry decides he wants to be a gym teacher and becomes Coach Mellor’s apprentice.
Speechless - "N-E--NEW A-I--AIDE" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Maya struggles as Kenneth takes over as JJ’s full-time aide. Loving his new freedom, JJ avoids attending a physical therapy appointment, and Maya automatically blames Kenneth, using any excuse to confirm her misgivings and moves to fire him. Meanwhile, Jimmy struggles to teach Dylan the family way to not be so neighborly.
Modern Family - "A Stereotypical Day" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jay does not want to give the new family moving in across the street the wrong impression and goes out of his way to make sure they know he is the best kind of neighbor, while Manny decides that the best way to an attractive and radical-thinking teenage girl’s heart is through his actions. Meanwhile, at the Pritchett house, the entire family is using Alex’s recent bout of mono to their advantage. Finally, Cam and Mitchell have always felt they were the most open, non-judgmental and supportive parents. However, when they overhear Lily insulting her new friend, they have to take a quick look in the mirror before they teach her a lesson about acceptance.
black-ish - "God" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Dre discovers that Zoey is questioning her belief in God, he undergoes a crisis of faith and leans on family members and coworkers for their input. Meanwhile, Bow’s brother Johan comes to stay with The Johnsons after living abroad and becomes an instant thorn in Dre’s side.
Younger - "A Kiss is Just a Kiss" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Liza sends Caitlin off to college and struggles to weigh her feelings for both Josh and Charles.
Impastor - "The Devil Went Down to Ladner" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Buddy’s attempt to outfox the detectives backfires. Dora, Alexa, and Russell suspect something ominous is going on with their new pastor. Schmidt learns the truth about Ashlee.
You're the Worst - "Twenty-Two" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Edgar spends the day trying to find some relief for his PTSD.
Wednesday, September 28
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Watch Sarah on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Daveed Diggs (black-ish) - Daveed stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings and on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - Wilmer visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down/Men Behaving Badly) - Ken is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ted Danson (The Good Place/Becker/Cheers) - Ted stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) and John Goodman (Roseanne) - Nathan and John talk about The Front Page on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Hilary Duff (Younger/Lizzie McGuire) and Debbie Mazar (Younger/Entourage/Working) - Hilary and Debbie talk about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. Hilary will also be on People Now at 8:30am.
- The Cast of Impastor - Michael Rosenbaum, Sara Rue, Mircea Monroe, David Rasche and Mike Kosinski discuss Impastor on the AOL Build Show at 12pm and on Facebook Live. Sara will also be on PIX Morning News on WPIX in New York.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.