Wednesday, December 10, 2014
COZI TV January 2015 Has Murder, She Wrote, Adam-12, Dragnet & More; USA Network Orders Second Season for Playing House
COZI TV will launch new shows to start 2015. Murder, She Wrote, one of the most successful television series in TV history, starring the beloved Angela Lansbury as mystery writer and amateur detective Jessica Fletcher, makes its triumphant debut on COZI TV on January 2, 2015. The iconic series set a precedent for TV sleuth shows. The series aired for 12 seasons from 1984 to 1996 with 264 episodes. It was followed by four TV films and a spin-off series It is one of the longest-running television shows in history, with close to 23 million viewers in its prime, and was a staple of the evening lineup for a decade. The series was also successful around the world. Starting January 2, Murder, She Wrote will air on COZI TV weekdays back-to-back from 3-5pm ET, Friday nights from 8-11pm and Sundays from 7-9 pm.
But wait, there's more! COZI TV viewers are in for a real treat in the new year, as more iconic television series than ever will make their debut on the network. Starting January 5, 2015 viewers can tune into Adam-12 weekdays from 12-1pm with two back-to-back episodes. Dragnet will air in late fringe every weekday 11pm–12am with two back-to-back episodes. The Adventures of Zorro will air weekdays from 11am–12pm, also with two back-to-back episodes. Western The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp will air from 9-10am with two back-to-back episodes. Another western, Bronco, will air weekdays at 8am, while the drama It Takes a Thief will air Mondays at 10pm. What will this mean for some of the existing shows airing in these time periods? We will let you know soon.
USA Network announced the renewal of the critically-acclaimed comedy, Playing House, from Universal Cable Productions, through a new windowing structure, which will allow viewers each week to watch the following week's episode on Video-On-Demand before it airs on USA. The network will prominently promote the on-demand episodes, driving viewers to watch in the early window. This new approach is designed to offer select advertisers premium placement across millions of multiplatform connected homes, and engage the highly passionate community of Playing House fans across VOD and TV Everywhere platforms. The series, which is executive produced by, written by and stars Jessica St. Clair and Lennon Parham, will return in the second half of 2015 for eight episodes.
Playing House centers on childhood best friends Maggie Caruso (Lennon Parham, Parks and Recreation) and Emma Crawford (Jessica St. Clair, Bridesmaids), who together have shared countless adventures growing up in the charming town of Pinebrook, Conn. In the first season, Maggie discovered that her husband Bruce (Brad Morris) was having an online affair, so Emma gave up her burgeoning business career in China to stay in their hometown and help Maggie raise her baby. As they prepared for the birth of Maggie's first child and the fallout of her marriage ending, Emma was also forced to confront the past that she abruptly left behind thirteen years ago: her first love and local cop, Mark (Keegan-Michael Key), her prim-and-proper mother (Jane Kaczmarek) and a small town in which she's never felt comfortable. Together, they navigated the adventures of raising a baby in the best way they know how - together.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, May 22
Angie Tribeca - "License to Drill" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Geils lands in trouble when he helps a woman investigate whether her husband is having an affair.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Amnesia" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi attempts to cure Josh's amnesia by re-creating the first time they met.
Baby Daddy - "Daddy's Girl" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Riley is confined to the couch; Ben struggles to answer Emma's questions about her mother.
Monday, May 22
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Watch Chelsea on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Bloodline on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Seaton Smith (Mulaney) - Seaton stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nicole Richie (Great News) - Nicole visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/The Parkers) - Kym guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Tichina Arnold (Survivor's Remorse/Happily Divorced/Everybody Hates Chris/Martin) - Tichina appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Brenda Strong (The Help/Scorch) - Brenda talks about Supergirl on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss joins Clinton Kelly to whip up a delicious delight on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti performs a jazz song from her new album on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine and Lil Rel Howery (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta and Lil are guests on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Ellie Reed (Girlboss) - Ellie talks about Girlboss on the AOL Build Show at 5pm.