Monday, December 08, 2014
CBS Early 2015 Changes, Includes Odd Couple Launch, Men Finale; Krysten Ritter Heads to Marvel Series
CBS announced that Two and a Half Men will conclude its 12th and final season with a special one-hour series finale on Thursday, Feb. 19 from 9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. It is also expected that freshman comedy The McCarthys will wrap up on Feb. 12, as Thursdays will see two schedule changes come Feb. 26. But first, the new comedy The Odd Couple, starring Matthew Perry as endearing slob Oscar Madison and Thomas Lennon as uptight neat freak Felix Unger, will make its series premiere Thursday, Feb. 19 at 8:30PM ET/PT, between an original episode of The Big Bang Theory and the Two and a Half Men series finale. Sophomore comedy Mom will move to its new Thursday at 9:30PM ET/PT time period following encore episodes of The Big Bang Theory at 9:00PM ET/PT. In addition, CBS has announced two new dramas, Battle Creek and CSI: Cyber. First, Battle Creek, from Emmy Award winners David Shore (House) and Vince Gilligan (Breaking Bad), will premiere Sunday, March 1 at 10:00PM ET/PT, two weeks following CSI's season finale in the time period. The series stars Josh Duhamel and Dean Winters as two mismatched law enforcement officers whose polar opposite views of the world and crime-solving breed frustration, disdain and humor as they clean up the hardscrabble streets of Battle Creek, Mich.
CSI: Cyber, the next generation in the successful global CSI franchise, starring Emmy Award winner Patricia Arquette as the head of the Cyber Crime Division of the FBI, premieres Wednesday, March 4 at 10:00PM ET/PT. Freshman drama Stalker will return to the schedule later this season. No word exactly when yet. 13 episodes have been ordered for both Battle Creek and CSI: Cyber. Stay with us for continued updates for CBS mid-season 2015.
Krysten Ritter is coming to a series again, but not on the planned NBC comedy Mission Control, which had its series order rescinded and will not be airing. Instead, Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce that Krysten Ritter will star in Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones, an all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015 following Marvel's Daredevil, which stars
Charlie Cox, Deborah Ann Woll, Elden Henson, Rosario Dawson and Vincent D'Onofrio. In Jessica Jones, Ritter will play Jessica Jones, first introduced in writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Michael Gaydos' classic Alias comic series. After a tragic ending to her short-lived Super Hero stint, Jones is rebuilding her personal life and career as a detective who gets pulled into cases involving people with extraordinary abilities in New York City. Best known for her roles in Breaking Bad, Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23, and Veronica Mars, she will next star alongside Amy Adams, Christoph Waltz, and Jason Schwartzman in Director Tim Burton's Big Eyes this Holiday season. Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix.
These two Netflix series will be the third and fourth Marvel series currently being produced, with ABC's Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the upcoming ABC 8-episode series Marvel's Agent Carter the other two.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 3
Henry Danger - "Dodging Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Henry uses his new super power to compete in a Dodge-A-Leen tournament, Ray, Schwoz, and Charlotte go undercover to teach Henry a lesson.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.