Wednesday, November 05, 2014
As part of a year-round strategy of more original programming and fewer repeats, CBS announced the season premiere dates of The Mentalist and Undercover Boss. Both programs will bridge the time periods between the fall finales and the spring premieres of Survivor and The Amazing Race. The seventh and final season of The Mentalist will premiere Sunday, Nov. 30 at approx. 9:30PM ET/9:00PM PT, where it will air new episodes for five weeks through December. When The Good Wife returns on Sunday, Jan. 4 at 9:00PM ET/PT, The Mentalist will shift to its regular Wednesday at 8:00PM ET/PT time slot on Jan. 7. The series will conclude with a special two-hour finale on Wednesday, Feb. 18 beginning at 8:00PM ET/PT. Like The Good Wife, new drama Madam Secretary will also return Sunday, Jan. 4 at 8:00PM ET/PT. As for Undercover Boss, the sixth season will begin with three special Sunday broadcasts, Dec. 14 at 8:00PM ET/PT and Dec. 21 & 28 at 8:30PM ET/8:00PM PT. On Jan. 2, it will move to its regular Friday at 8:00PM ET/PT time period thru Feb. 20. And finally, the spring cycles of Survivor (30th edition) and The Amazing Race will both premiere on Wednesday, Feb. 25, each with a special 90-minute episode from 8:00-9:30PM ET/PT and 9:30-11:00PM ET/PT, respectively. The Amazing Race will then move to its regular time period on Friday, Feb. 27 at 8:00PM ET/PT).
TV Land announced that season four of the network's hit sitcom The Soul Man, starring Cedric "The Entertainer" and Niecy Nash, will be helmed by Bill Martin and Mike Schiff, who hail from the hit comedies 3rd Rock From The Sun and Grounded for Life. Also new for the upcoming season of The Soul Man is the return of the lively and lovely comedienne Sherri Shepherd, who is back for 10 of the season's 12 episodes as Nikki, Boyce Ballentine's (Cedric) unpredictable cousin. Nikki, who was last seen hawking sex toys to the elder ladies of Boyce and Lolli's (Nash) church, always has some new business that’s causing trouble and wreaking havoc in the Ballentines' lives. The Soul Man is set to return to TV Land in 2015. The Soul Man follows R&B super-star-turned minister Reverend Boyce "The Voice" Ballentine after he relocated from Las Vegas to St. Louis with his wife Lolli. While they're always adjusting to their new modest life, they have plenty of obstacles in their way, including Boyce’s brother Stamps (Wesley Jonathan), who is only just beginning to grow up and get his own place...finally.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.