Wednesday, October 08, 2014
Girlfriends has began airing on TV One, as of September 29. The hit show starring Tracee Ellis Ross, Golden Brooks, Persia White and Jill Marie Jones is now on TV One. The hit sitcom is airing weekdays 11am-12pm and 6-7pm along with a marathon block on Thursdays from 12-5pm. One of the series stars, Golden Brooks (Maya), is starring on the TV One original series Hollywood Divas, which has its season premiere tonight. so the network will air episodes spotlighting Maya tonight from 6-7pm. Golden also has joined the cast for the upcoming TV One original film Second Chance Christmas premiering this December. Back to Girlfriends, the move to TV One marks the end of the series airing on BET and Centric. In the series, Joan, Toni, Lynn and Maya navigate the ups and downs of life, love and friendship. Stay with us for continued updates, but as of now, no other changes to the TV One line-up besides this addition (and Living Single moving to mornings).
Grimm is coming to TNT. The "we know drama" network has closed a deal with NBCUniversal Television & New Media Distribution that gives TNT exclusive off-net cable rights to the hit series. TNT plans to begin airing episodes from the first three seasons of Grimm in early 2015, with season four episodes available to join the lineup in fall 2015. Set to launch its fourth season on Oct. 24, NBC's Grimm is a drama series inspired by the classic Grimm Brother's Fairy Tales. The show centers on Portland homicide detective Nick Burkhardt (David Giuntoli, Caroline and Jackie), who discovers he's descended from an elite line of criminal profilers known as Grimms. He soon finds his responsibilities as a detective increasingly at odds with his new responsibilities as a Grimm. Also starring in Grimm are Russell Hornsby (Lincoln Heights) as Hank, Bitsie Tulloch (The Artist) as Juliette, Silas Weir Mitchell (My Name Is Earl) as Monroe, Sasha Roiz (Caprica) as Captain Renard, Reggie Lee (The Dark Knight Rises) as Sgt. Wu, Bree Turner (The Ugly Truth) as Rosalee and Claire Coffee (Franklin & Bash) as Adalind.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.