Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Yahoo and Mandalay Sports Media have confirmed that production has begun in Las Vegas, NV on Sin City Saints, a new half-hour comedy slated for release this winter. Conceived by Mandalay Sports Media, SCS follows the triumphs, travails and transgressions of Las Vegas' brand-new pro basketball franchise. Andrew Santino (ABC's Mixology) has been cast as Jake Tullus, the Saints' unpredictable and charismatic owner, who made his fortune as an internet disruptor in the field of Big Data. Malin Akerman (ABC's Trophy Wife) will star opposite Santino as Dusty Halford, a Stanford-educated lawyer who is the special assistant to the Commissioner, and Tom Arnold (Gardens of the Night, Hit and Run, Sons of Anarchy) will star as Kevin Freeman, a private casino host who happens to know all the city's secrets. The eight-episode run began production last week in Las Vegas at The Orleans Hotel and Casino. Mike Tollin will executive produce alongside Chris Case and Bryan Gordon who will also direct. Fred Savage (Modern Family, Happy Endings) is also on board to direct two episodes. Rounding out the cast is; B.K. Cannon (Switched at Birth), Justin Chon (Twilight), Keith Powers (Pretty Little Liars), Rick Fox (The Game) and former NBA player Baron Davis.
Shout! Factory announced that one of the most iconic and groundbreaking television shows from Sony Pictures Television, All in the Family, is now available on iTunes at iTunes.com/NormanLear from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. As of yesterday, Seasons 1 through 4 of Norman Lear's All in the Family are available on Digital HD for the first time, featuring all 85 original episodes from Seasons 1 through 4. iTunes will also offer Digital HD bonus content, including the original pilot, "Those Were The Days," along with the alternative pilot, and two featurettes on the history and making of the series. Simultaneously, Norman Lear's autobiography, "Even This I Get to Experience," is also available on iBooks at iTunes.com/NormanLear. The memoir, also available in an audio version, details never-before-heard stories about the development and creation of All in the Family. Find Norman Lear on twitter at @TheNormanLear.
Few television shows have left such a substantial and enduring footprint on American popular culture as Norman Lear's masterpiece, All in the Family. The revolutionary series looked at the state of the world through the eyes of an argumentative, but loving family and introduced some of the most fully-dimensional characters in television history. The jokes had a million targets, touching on race, politics, sex and human foibles, but the humor was firmly rooted in the characters of Archie, Edith, Mike and Gloria. Produced and developed by legendary TV producer Norman Lear (Sanford and Son; One Day at a Time; The Jeffersons; Good Times; Maude; Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman), All in the Family premiered on Jan. 12, 1971. The show focused on a middle-class family living in Queens, NY in the 1970's, starring Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker, Jean Stapleton as Edith Bunker, Rob Reiner as liberal son-in-law Mike "Meathead" Stivic, and Sally Struthers as daughter Gloria. All in the Family was No. 1 in the ratings for most of its nine-season run and won multiple Emmy® Awards. The release of the show on iTunes is a long overdue celebration of the enormously influential series and delivers fans something to treasure for years to come. Forty-three years after its debut, All in the Family still resonates and continues to receive praise from critics. In 2012, television critic Tom Shales wrote that "All in the Family was a great contribution to television, and to the human race." That same year, Neil Genzlinger of The New York Times said "we can now see that it may also have been a high-water mark for television in terms of how much impact a single series can have in shaping American culture."
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.