Wednesday, September 24, 2014
The new season of VH1's hit morning show, Big Morning Buzz Live hosted by Nick Lachey, will return Monday, September 29 in a new 9am ET/8am CT time slot with host Nick Lachey being joined by comedian Michelle Buteau who is making her co-host debut. As a comedian, the New Jersey native has toured the country performing at colleges, clubs, and festivals with television stand-up appearances including the The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson and Last Comic Standing. She has also appeared on Enlisted on Fox, Comedy Central's Key and Peele and @midnight. Buteau was also a series regular on VH1's Best Week Ever. TV personality and singer, Nick Lachey, returns for his second season as host, ready to wake up America and engage his guests by knowing what it's like from the other side of an interview. He also recently announced a new solo album, "Soundtrack of My Life," where Lachey covers songs from his favorite film soundtracks set to be released on November 11.
Lachey and Buteau will kick off the season with interviews featuring Anthony Anderson, Jordin Sparks, Emeril Lagasse, Billy Bush, Nick Carter, Jordan Knight, Kit Hoover, Ty Pennington, and more. In addition to the superstar sit-downs and candid roundtables, the Big Morning Buzz Live viewers can also expect an eclectic line up of performances from chart-topping favorites to up-and-comers. Week one will feature Grammy award winning band Train, Tove Lo, The Script, Banks, and Jungle. Stay with us on Friday for next week's full week of guests!
"On November 22, 1963, three shots rang out in Dallas, President Kennedy was killed, and the world changed. What if you could change it back?" Hulu is about to take viewers on a journey to find out in 11/22/63, a new Hulu Original series from J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Productions (Person of Interest, Fringe, Lost), acclaimed author Stephen King, executive producer/writer Bridget Carpenter (The Red Road, Parenthood, Friday Night Lights) and Warner Bros. Television. Based upon the best-selling 2011 novel written by King and published by Scribner, 11/22/63 is a thriller in which high school English teacher Jake Epping travels back in time to prevent the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. But his mission is threatened by Lee Harvey Oswald, his falling in love and the past itself... which doesn't want to be changed.
A nine-hour event series, 11/22/63 has received a direct-to-series order from Hulu, and the project marks the first original programming collaboration between Hulu and WBTV. J.J. Abrams, Stephen King, Bridget Carpenter and Bryan Burk are executive producers of 11/22/63. Carpenter will write the teleplay, based on the novel by King. Bad Robot's Kathy Lingg is co-executive producer, and Athena Wickham is producer. Hulu will be the U.S. home for 11/22/63, and Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Distribution will distribute 11/22/63 globally.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 21
Last Man Standing - "Trick or Treat" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Halloween and the Baxter family is excited for their annual party, except for Mike who’s reluctantly tasked with choosing the theme. In hopes of turning everyone against the holiday, Mike decides that maybe if the whole family has to dress up like each other they’ll end up making fun of one another. Eve dresses up like Mandy and Mandy dresses down like Eve, Kristin and Ryan swap roles, and Mike shows up to the party as… Donald Trump!? The impersonating turns into bickering but in the end, the Baxters come together to support Vanessa as she learns that she’s being laid off.
Dr. Ken - "D.K.'s Korean Ghost Story" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Halloween, Allison is disappointed the holiday doesn’t seem to scare Dave anymore, meaning her little boy is growing up, perhaps too fast. But that might change after D.K. tells a scary Korean gwishin (ghost) story. The Park family, as well as the gang at Welltopia, bring the story to life playing the various gwishins.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Jack" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus deals with the loss of one of his former teammates.
Friday, October 21
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Matthew on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah talks about Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1:15pm.
- Lindsay Sloane (The Odd Couple/The Stones/Mr. Rhodes) - Lindsay visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Tom and Ron will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian talks about King Cobra on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Netflix's Good Girls Revolt on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jennifer Grey (Red Oaks/It's Like, You Know...) - Jennifer joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Thomas Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) and Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Thomas and Jason are guests on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marisa appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Paul Reiser (Red Oaks/Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.