Thursday, September 04, 2014
FXX of course has added The Simpsons to its line-up after the historic 12-day day marathon, but they have more to come this Fall! The Simpsons is airing in a block format, Mondays 6pm-12am, Tuesdays 8pm-12am, Thursdays 8pm-12am, Fridays 6pm-12am and Sundays 4-8pm. We mentioned that Raising Hope would join the schedule this fall, but we now know the launch date and times. The comedy will premiere on Monday, Sept. 22. It will essentially replace Arrested Development on the schedule, as that series is no where to be found out after Sept. 22. Also leaving the schedule as of October 1 will be The Hughleys, replaced by the return of Sports Night. As for Raising Hope, it will air Mondays 2pm-6pm, Tues-Thurs around 11:30am-1pm, Fridays 2-6pm and Saturdays around 8:30am-10:30am. Check listings for exact timings on a given week. In addition to Sports Night, FXX will continue to air Mad About You and Parks & Recreation in the daytime. And finally, also joining the schedule this fall starting October 1 will be In Living Color to shake-up late nights. The sketch comedy will air usually Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri in late night between 12-2am. Keep it right here for continued updates!
ION Television today announced its latest partnership with leading independent studio Entertainment One Television (eOne), reaching an agreement for new original episodes of Saving Hope. Produced by eOne and ICF Films in association with CTV, season three of the medical drama series recently began production on 18 new episodes in June. The deal, which includes rights to existing seasons one and two, makes ION the exclusive original U.S. television network for current and future seasons of the series. In Saving Hope, the Hope Zion Hospital is left in chaos when its charismatic Chief of Surgery, Charlie Harris (Michael Shanks), falls into a coma, putting his fiancé and fellow surgeon, Alex Reid (Erica Durance), in a state of shock. Along with newly arrived star surgeon, Joel Goran (Daniel Gillies), Reid races to save Harris' life. As the action unfolds, the comatose Harris explores the hospital halls in the form of a spirit, questioning whether or not he is a figment of his own imagination. Reid, along with her fellow doctors, press on to save his life and the lives of others as they deal with the complicated and courageous decisions that are made in their daily struggle to keep hope alive. The series also stars Huse Madhavji, Julia Taylor Ross and Kristopher Turner.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 22
Henry Danger - "Green Fingers" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
fter Schwoz creates a disease that accidentally effects Charlotte, Henry, his family, and even Ray, he quarantines them in Henry’s house in order to find a cure.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "This Little Piggy Went to the Harpers" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When The Quads kidnap a rival soccer team’s pig mascot as a prank, they have to pass it off as Anne’s surprise birthday present in order to not get caught forgetting her birthday.
Monday, April 24
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Watch Kathryn on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about the new series I Love Dick on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Briga Heelan (Great News/Ground Floor) - Briga is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Matt Walsh (Veep), Mary Holland (Blunt Talk) and Timothy Simons (Veep) - Matt, Mary and Timothy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about making her Broadway debut in Present Laughter on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Katie Gill (Baby Daddy) - Katie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa joins Clinton Kelly in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert with an ingredient she’s never had before—Rhubarb on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate talks about 13 Reasons Why on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.