Tuesday, July 09, 2013
Raising Hope Heads to CMT, WGN America and FXX in Fall 2014; New Millennial Network Pivot TV Launching August 1
With Fall 2013 looming we are gearing up for syndication timeslots for sitcoms and cable network fall schedules, but looking ahead to fall 2014 Raising Hope has locked a cable deal for syndication. The sitcom will not get an exclusive cable home, but instead it will be shared with three cable networks. Yes, three! Raising Hope will be seen on CMT, WGN America and the upcoming FXX, all in fall 2014. The sitcom will of course enter regular local broadcast syndication in fall 2014 as well, but surprisingly no news yet of any clearances. That is strange since fellow fall 2014 entrees Mike & Molly and Hot in Cleveland are nearly complete with their clearances. Also entering syndication in fall 2014 will be Anger Management starring Charlie Sheen. Back to Raising Hope, the Fox sitcom also currently is available on Hulu and Hulu Plus, and its first two seasons are available on Netflix. Episodes are available for purchase on Amazon as well. The fourth season launches on Fox on a new night and time, Fridays at 9pm beginning November 8. So when the upcoming season is completed, it will be heading to syndication with likely about 88-90 episodes if the series produces 22 episodes in season four (which likely it will). Raising Hope is the critically acclaimed comedy created by Emmy Award winner Greg Garcia and executive-produced by Mike Mariano that follows the continuing comic adventures of the Chance family as they raise an adorable toddler named Hope. Lucas Neff, Martha Plimpton, Garret Dillahunt, Shannon Woodward, Gregg Binkley and Cloris Leachman star. Stay with us for continued updates on the series on CMT, WGN America and FXX, along with any clearances details of it in broadcast syndication. Stay tuned.
Pivot, Participant Media's new cable network targeting Millennials (18-34), announced plans to kick off on August 1 with the premiere of its live midnight talk show, TakePart Live (TPL). Five nights a week, the TakePart team decodes the headlines, dissects the daily memes and engages in irreverent and spirited conversations with a wide range of guests and with the audience itself. In addition to original series, pivot will also feature reruns of series such as the Emmy-winning football drama Friday Night Lights and the sci-fi series Farscape. In addition, Little Mosque, the internationally acclaimed and long-running Canadian series, will make its U.S. TV debut on August 5 at 7pm. The long-running and critically acclaimed series takes a satirical look at a Muslim community living in Canada who has rented the town's Anglican church to start a local mosque. The series has been seen in over 90 countries, except for the U.S. until now. The new cable network also unveiled launch dates for its primetime originals including the September 14 back-to-back debuts of Meghan McCain's genre-bending docu-talk series, Raising McCain and real-life docu-series, Jersey Strong. And coming January 18, 2014 will be a new take on the variety show hosted by Joseph Gordon-Levitt (titled hitRECord on TV) who directs countless artists from his global open-source online community – hitRECord – to create short films, live performances, music, animation, conversation and more! Each episode focuses on a different theme as Joe invites and encourages anybody with an Internet connection to join him and contribute. That's all we have that is notable for this network, but should they air any sitcom acquisitions, we will certainly let you know. So stay with us.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/26 - Family Mattters - The Complete Seventh Season
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, July 27
The Goldbergs - "Lucky" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Barry begs Murray to get a dog, and when they finally do, Barry is disappointed to find the dog would rather spend more time with Murray than with him. Meanwhile, Erica and Lainey plan a girls-only sleepover… without Beverly. But when Erica finds out she wants to join them, it puts a rift in their mother-daughter relationship.
The Goldbergs - "Double Dare" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Adam and Emmy are ecstatic their favorite TV game show “Double Dare” is hosting auditions at their school. But when Adam secretly asks Pops to be his partner, and Emmy secretly asks Handsome Ben, the two get into a fight. Meanwhile, Murray and Barry are upset the Philadelphia Eagles have been losing until superstitious Barry becomes convinced Beverly is their good luck charm to change things around.
Modern Family - "The Storm" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
A huge thunder storm brings wide power outages and the whole family congregates at Jay and Gloria’s to use their generator, but Jay has one foot out the door desperately trying to make it to a reunion with some old Navy buddies. Meanwhile, Phil tries to be the hero and redeem himself after a very embarrassing public panic attack earlier, but only causes more headaches for everyone. Mitch and Cam grasp at straws trying to salvage Lily’s birthday party where the most popular girl at school is in attendance, and Haley turns up the seduction efforts with Andy.
black-ish - "Rock, Paper, Scissors, Gun" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a break-in down the block, Dre talks about getting a gun, and Bow is not comfortable with the idea. Which leads everyone to debate — there are many different ways to protect your family, but what’s the “best” way? Jack and Diane are shocked that they have been living in the house unprotected, Junior sets off on a quest to protect the family from the real threat, cyber terrorism, and Zoey has Pops teach her the art of Karate to defend herself.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Matched" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Josh and Gabi attend a speed dating event; Elliot tries to bond with Keisha.
Baby Daddy - "Condom Conundrum" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Ben's condom stash is ruined; Ben, Tucker and Danny fear their girlfriends might be pregnant.
Best Friends Whenever - "Epic Girl's Day" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The girls decide to take Daisy on an official ``Epic Girls' Day'' at the mall since she might be here longer than expected.
Wednesday, July 27
- Andy Garcia (Ballers) - Watch Andy on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- John Cho (Selfie/Kitchen Confidential) - John visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Star Trek Beyond on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Dave Franco (Scrubs/Do Not Disturb) - Dave drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent) - Kathryn is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. She will also be on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Georgia King (Vice Principals/The New Normal) - Georgia appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Jim appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Christina Milian (Grandfathered) - Christina is a guest on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Mike Epps (Uncle Buck/Survivor's Remorse) - Mike appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show/Family Guy) - Mila is a guest on Popcorn with Peter Travers on ABC News.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) and Ashley Tisdale (Clipped/The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) - Jason and Ashley talk about their new film Amateur Night on the AOL Build Show at 2pm. Ashley will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jason will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Rob is a guest on The Place for Politics on MSNBC at 11am.