Tuesday, July 09, 2013
Raising Hope Heads to CMT, WGN America and FXX in Fall 2014; New Millennial Network Pivot TV Launching August 1
With Fall 2013 looming we are gearing up for syndication timeslots for sitcoms and cable network fall schedules, but looking ahead to fall 2014 Raising Hope has locked a cable deal for syndication. The sitcom will not get an exclusive cable home, but instead it will be shared with three cable networks. Yes, three! Raising Hope will be seen on CMT, WGN America and the upcoming FXX, all in fall 2014. The sitcom will of course enter regular local broadcast syndication in fall 2014 as well, but surprisingly no news yet of any clearances. That is strange since fellow fall 2014 entrees Mike & Molly and Hot in Cleveland are nearly complete with their clearances. Also entering syndication in fall 2014 will be Anger Management starring Charlie Sheen. Back to Raising Hope, the Fox sitcom also currently is available on Hulu and Hulu Plus, and its first two seasons are available on Netflix. Episodes are available for purchase on Amazon as well. The fourth season launches on Fox on a new night and time, Fridays at 9pm beginning November 8. So when the upcoming season is completed, it will be heading to syndication with likely about 88-90 episodes if the series produces 22 episodes in season four (which likely it will). Raising Hope is the critically acclaimed comedy created by Emmy Award winner Greg Garcia and executive-produced by Mike Mariano that follows the continuing comic adventures of the Chance family as they raise an adorable toddler named Hope. Lucas Neff, Martha Plimpton, Garret Dillahunt, Shannon Woodward, Gregg Binkley and Cloris Leachman star. Stay with us for continued updates on the series on CMT, WGN America and FXX, along with any clearances details of it in broadcast syndication. Stay tuned.
Pivot, Participant Media's new cable network targeting Millennials (18-34), announced plans to kick off on August 1 with the premiere of its live midnight talk show, TakePart Live (TPL). Five nights a week, the TakePart team decodes the headlines, dissects the daily memes and engages in irreverent and spirited conversations with a wide range of guests and with the audience itself. In addition to original series, pivot will also feature reruns of series such as the Emmy-winning football drama Friday Night Lights and the sci-fi series Farscape. In addition, Little Mosque, the internationally acclaimed and long-running Canadian series, will make its U.S. TV debut on August 5 at 7pm. The long-running and critically acclaimed series takes a satirical look at a Muslim community living in Canada who has rented the town's Anglican church to start a local mosque. The series has been seen in over 90 countries, except for the U.S. until now. The new cable network also unveiled launch dates for its primetime originals including the September 14 back-to-back debuts of Meghan McCain's genre-bending docu-talk series, Raising McCain and real-life docu-series, Jersey Strong. And coming January 18, 2014 will be a new take on the variety show hosted by Joseph Gordon-Levitt (titled hitRECord on TV) who directs countless artists from his global open-source online community – hitRECord – to create short films, live performances, music, animation, conversation and more! Each episode focuses on a different theme as Joe invites and encourages anybody with an Internet connection to join him and contribute. That's all we have that is notable for this network, but should they air any sitcom acquisitions, we will certainly let you know. So stay with us.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)
04/07 - Barney Miller - The Complete Seventh Season
04/07 - The Brady Bunch - The Complete Series
04/07 - The Crazy Ones - The Complete First Season
04/07 - Frasier - The Complete Series
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 9th Season
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 10th Season
04/07 - 1600 Penn - The Complete Season 1
04/07 - Wanda at Large - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
04/07 - Wilfred - The Complete Season 4
04/14 - Growing Pains - The Complete Fourth Season (WBShop.com)
04/21 - What's Happening!! - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
04/28 - I Love Lucy - I Love Mom Edition
04/28 - The Jeffersons - Season Seven
04/28 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites: Season 5
04/28 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, April 17
Last Man Standing - "Daddy Dearest" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Ed take Ryan and his supposedly-ailing dad, Victor, on their hunting trip, Victor admits he wasn’t truthful about his reasons for finally coming to see Ryan. Meanwhile, Vanessa scrambles to get more family members to attend Ryan and Kristin’s wedding.
Cristela - "Movin' On Up" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Cristela, Maddie and Josh eagerly await the results of the bar exam. Much to everyone’s surprise, Maddie passes while Josh does not. Cristela also passes the exam and Trent offers her an attorney position at his law firm that comes along with an added perk of hiring an assistant. Faced with moving back in with his parents, Josh eagerly accepts the assistant gig. An ecstatic Cristela returns home to celebrate, but is lovingly confronted by Daniela who wants Cristela to move out and start living the life of a single girl, the life she deserves.
Jessie - "What a Steal" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jessie takes Ravi to a MENSA meeting to help him make friends; his new pals Madeline and Scott might be too good.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets Demolition" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Maya and Riley meet a salesgirl named Aubrey, who tricks them into using Topanga's credit card on an pricey purchase.
Dog with a Blog - "Stan Gets Married" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
To help fund Stan's nuptials, the family submits the wedding to the ``Wackie Jackie'' show, a program in which wealthy teen spends money to amuse herself.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "A Few Days" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Richard starts plotting his revenge on Keisha; Keisha starts working at C-sports.
Friday, April 17
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Watch Alec on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jeremey Piven (Entourage/Ellen) - Jeremy appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Ariana Grande (Sam & Cat/Victorious) - Ariana is a guest on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Charlie Day (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Charlie appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Busy Phillips (Cougar Town) - Busy talks about why she posted a fake location on Twitter while vacationing with her best friend actress Michele Williams and shares the quirk her co-star Courtney Cox has in common with her famed Friends character Monica Gellar on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Laurence Fishburne (black-ish) - Laurence appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Eddie Kaye Thomas (How to Make It in America/'Til Death/American Dad!) - Eddie is a guest on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa guest hosts a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (The Comeback/Friends) - Lisa chats on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kate Flannery (The Office) - Kate talks about her new movie Tenure on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Yara Shahidi (black-ish) - Yara is a guest on People Now.
- Kevin James (The King of Queens) - Kevin gives the scoop on Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings. He will also be on The Real, so check your local listings. He is a guest on SI Now at 1pm.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric will be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:35am.
- Kelsey Grammer (Partners/Frasier/Cheers) - Kelsey will be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.