Tuesday, July 09, 2013
Raising Hope Heads to CMT, WGN America and FXX in Fall 2014; New Millennial Network Pivot TV Launching August 1
With Fall 2013 looming we are gearing up for syndication timeslots for sitcoms and cable network fall schedules, but looking ahead to fall 2014 Raising Hope has locked a cable deal for syndication. The sitcom will not get an exclusive cable home, but instead it will be shared with three cable networks. Yes, three! Raising Hope will be seen on CMT, WGN America and the upcoming FXX, all in fall 2014. The sitcom will of course enter regular local broadcast syndication in fall 2014 as well, but surprisingly no news yet of any clearances. That is strange since fellow fall 2014 entrees Mike & Molly and Hot in Cleveland are nearly complete with their clearances. Also entering syndication in fall 2014 will be Anger Management starring Charlie Sheen. Back to Raising Hope, the Fox sitcom also currently is available on Hulu and Hulu Plus, and its first two seasons are available on Netflix. Episodes are available for purchase on Amazon as well. The fourth season launches on Fox on a new night and time, Fridays at 9pm beginning November 8. So when the upcoming season is completed, it will be heading to syndication with likely about 88-90 episodes if the series produces 22 episodes in season four (which likely it will). Raising Hope is the critically acclaimed comedy created by Emmy Award winner Greg Garcia and executive-produced by Mike Mariano that follows the continuing comic adventures of the Chance family as they raise an adorable toddler named Hope. Lucas Neff, Martha Plimpton, Garret Dillahunt, Shannon Woodward, Gregg Binkley and Cloris Leachman star. Stay with us for continued updates on the series on CMT, WGN America and FXX, along with any clearances details of it in broadcast syndication. Stay tuned.
Pivot, Participant Media's new cable network targeting Millennials (18-34), announced plans to kick off on August 1 with the premiere of its live midnight talk show, TakePart Live (TPL). Five nights a week, the TakePart team decodes the headlines, dissects the daily memes and engages in irreverent and spirited conversations with a wide range of guests and with the audience itself. In addition to original series, pivot will also feature reruns of series such as the Emmy-winning football drama Friday Night Lights and the sci-fi series Farscape. In addition, Little Mosque, the internationally acclaimed and long-running Canadian series, will make its U.S. TV debut on August 5 at 7pm. The long-running and critically acclaimed series takes a satirical look at a Muslim community living in Canada who has rented the town's Anglican church to start a local mosque. The series has been seen in over 90 countries, except for the U.S. until now. The new cable network also unveiled launch dates for its primetime originals including the September 14 back-to-back debuts of Meghan McCain's genre-bending docu-talk series, Raising McCain and real-life docu-series, Jersey Strong. And coming January 18, 2014 will be a new take on the variety show hosted by Joseph Gordon-Levitt (titled hitRECord on TV) who directs countless artists from his global open-source online community – hitRECord – to create short films, live performances, music, animation, conversation and more! Each episode focuses on a different theme as Joe invites and encourages anybody with an Internet connection to join him and contribute. That's all we have that is notable for this network, but should they air any sitcom acquisitions, we will certainly let you know. So stay with us.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, September 24
Henry Danger - "Love Muffin" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man suddenly announces he's getting married, Henry and Charlotte go searching for answers only to discover that things are not as they seem.
Game Shakers - "Secret Level" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Hudson releases false information about a secret level in a Game Shakers' game, Game Shakers is besieged by angry, crazy fans. Babe uses the secret level to go on a date with Mason Kendal.
School of Rock - "Wouldn't It Be Nice?" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Summer's failed attempt to share a locker with Freddy sets off a chain reaction of locker-switching that puts the entire band out of sync. Guest Star: Brec Bassinger
Saturday, September 24
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Watch Norm on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Catch Mark on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.