Tuesday, July 09, 2013
Raising Hope Heads to CMT, WGN America and FXX in Fall 2014; New Millennial Network Pivot TV Launching August 1
With Fall 2013 looming we are gearing up for syndication timeslots for sitcoms and cable network fall schedules, but looking ahead to fall 2014 Raising Hope has locked a cable deal for syndication. The sitcom will not get an exclusive cable home, but instead it will be shared with three cable networks. Yes, three! Raising Hope will be seen on CMT, WGN America and the upcoming FXX, all in fall 2014. The sitcom will of course enter regular local broadcast syndication in fall 2014 as well, but surprisingly no news yet of any clearances. That is strange since fellow fall 2014 entrees Mike & Molly and Hot in Cleveland are nearly complete with their clearances. Also entering syndication in fall 2014 will be Anger Management starring Charlie Sheen. Back to Raising Hope, the Fox sitcom also currently is available on Hulu and Hulu Plus, and its first two seasons are available on Netflix. Episodes are available for purchase on Amazon as well. The fourth season launches on Fox on a new night and time, Fridays at 9pm beginning November 8. So when the upcoming season is completed, it will be heading to syndication with likely about 88-90 episodes if the series produces 22 episodes in season four (which likely it will). Raising Hope is the critically acclaimed comedy created by Emmy Award winner Greg Garcia and executive-produced by Mike Mariano that follows the continuing comic adventures of the Chance family as they raise an adorable toddler named Hope. Lucas Neff, Martha Plimpton, Garret Dillahunt, Shannon Woodward, Gregg Binkley and Cloris Leachman star. Stay with us for continued updates on the series on CMT, WGN America and FXX, along with any clearances details of it in broadcast syndication. Stay tuned.
Pivot, Participant Media's new cable network targeting Millennials (18-34), announced plans to kick off on August 1 with the premiere of its live midnight talk show, TakePart Live (TPL). Five nights a week, the TakePart team decodes the headlines, dissects the daily memes and engages in irreverent and spirited conversations with a wide range of guests and with the audience itself. In addition to original series, pivot will also feature reruns of series such as the Emmy-winning football drama Friday Night Lights and the sci-fi series Farscape. In addition, Little Mosque, the internationally acclaimed and long-running Canadian series, will make its U.S. TV debut on August 5 at 7pm. The long-running and critically acclaimed series takes a satirical look at a Muslim community living in Canada who has rented the town's Anglican church to start a local mosque. The series has been seen in over 90 countries, except for the U.S. until now. The new cable network also unveiled launch dates for its primetime originals including the September 14 back-to-back debuts of Meghan McCain's genre-bending docu-talk series, Raising McCain and real-life docu-series, Jersey Strong. And coming January 18, 2014 will be a new take on the variety show hosted by Joseph Gordon-Levitt (titled hitRECord on TV) who directs countless artists from his global open-source online community – hitRECord – to create short films, live performances, music, animation, conversation and more! Each episode focuses on a different theme as Joe invites and encourages anybody with an Internet connection to join him and contribute. That's all we have that is notable for this network, but should they air any sitcom acquisitions, we will certainly let you know. So stay with us.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, September 1
The Big Bang Theory - "The Mommy Observation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Sheldon visits his Mom in Houston, he is forced to confront a new reality. Meanwhile, Raj’s “Murder Mystery” party starts some fights within the gang.
Mike & Molly - "Mike & Molly's Excellent Adventure" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Molly is determined to get Mike out of his routine and tells him to embrace doing anything they want in life.
Two and a Half Men - "Baseball. Boobs. Boobs. Baseball" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Alan lets Lyndsey’s boyfriend Larry set him up on a date. Meanwhile, Walden offers to help Nicole with her software project so she’ll have time to date him. Marion Ross makes a special appearance. Jeff Probst returns for a second special appearance.
Partners - "Doug Day Afternoon" (FX, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Marcus hires a former client and recently paroled ex-convict to work in the office, Allen suspects the once-criminal to have ulterior motives.
Partners - "How to Get a Head in Advertising" (FX, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Allen and Marcus decide to make a commercial for their practice, Allen's inflated ego takes the helm and creates a disaster.
Anger Management - "Charlie and the Temper of Doom" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Charlie struggles to control his anger after meeting a hot girl who doesn't date angry guys.
Anger Management - "Charlie Gets Trashed" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Charlie goes to war with his garbage man.
Monday, September 1
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Watch Jennifer on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. There's a Friends reunion with Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Joseph is a guest on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Derek Waters (Married to the Kellys) - Derek appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Judy Greer (Mad Love/Arrested Development/Miss Guided) - Tune in to see Judy on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym is a guest on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) - Yvette guest co-hosts a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond - Patricia sells a treasure from The Middle on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Debi Mazar (Entourage/Working) - Debi and her husband, Gabriele Corcos, share their passion for Tuscan food and each other on a repeat of Katie, so check your local listings.
- Jane Leeves (Hot in Cleveland/Frasier/Throb) - Jane appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.