Thursday, September 25, 2014
Bounce TV (http://bouncetv.com) launched Sept. 26, 2011 as the nation's first-ever broadcast television network designed for African American audiences. Three years after its debut, the network continues to grow in strength and popularity with affiliates, sponsors and viewers. WMAR-TV in Baltimore, MD (E.W. Scripps Company) and WSYM-TV in Lansing, MI (Journal Broadcast Group) are the newest Bounce TV affiliates. Their additions drive the network past 90% of African American television households and 73% of U.S. TV HHs. Primetime viewership is up +61% in Households, +51% in A18-49 and +54% in A25-54 September to-date vs. Sept. '13 while quarterly primetime viewership has risen by +44% in Households, +14% in A18-49 and +18% in Adults 25-54 in the third quarter to date* vs 3Q13.
The acquisition of a package of demo-targeted motion pictures in a new film licensing agreement with Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution (WBDTD), including: Greased Lightning starring Richard Pryor, the classic Bill Cosby-Sidney Poitier pairings Uptown Saturday Night and Let's Do It Again; Wesley Snipes starring in Boiling Point and One Night Stand; Rumble in the Bronx starring Jackie Chan; Cuba Gooding, Jr. in Judgment Night; Prince's follow-up to Purple Rain, Graffiti Bridge and more. In addition, production on the new Bounce TV original series Mann & Wife will begin in November. Husband and wife team David Mann (Madea's Big Happy Family) and Tamela Mann (Sparkle), stars of the hit Tyler Perry sitcom Meet the Browns, reunite for this new sitcom, to debut in 2015. And finally, the season two premiere of the Bounce TV original sitcom Family Time will be Tues. Oct. 14 at 10:00pm while the season three premiere of Off the Chain will be Wed. Nov. 12 at 10:00pm (All times Eastern.)
Saturday Night Live celebrates its 40th season with SNL Vintage, a weekly look back at iconic episodes throughout its storied history. Airing on Saturdays in primetime at 10pm ET/PT, the first classic episode will be telecast this Saturday (Sept. 27) and return audiences to SNL's debut season in 1975 with an episode hosted by Richard Pryor and musical guest Gil Scott-Heron. Then on Oct. 4, an episode from the 25th season with host Christopher Walken and musical guest Christina Aguilera will be shown. Since its inception in 1975, SNL has launched the careers of many of the brightest comedy performers of their generation. The program has won 45 Emmy Awards and now holds the title for the most nominated television show in Emmy history with 187. SNL has been honored twice, in 1990 and 2009, with the prestigious George Foster Peabody Award and cited as "truly a national institution."
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 23
Downward Dog - "Boundaries" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Nan installs an automatic dog door so she can take away Jason’s key but still keep him as Martin’s dog walker, Martin is convinced he can suddenly open doors with his mind, and the new-found power goes to his head. Meanwhile at work, Nan’s boss is unable to understand the new ad campaign Nan sold to the corporate bosses, and he spirals into confusion.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bank Job" / "Crime & Punishment" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jake and Rosa continue their search for a bank-robbing operation with Lieutenant Hawkins (guest star Gina Gershon), they realize there’s more to her team than meets the eye. After discovering a dangerous secret, they call for back-up from Holt and Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). Meanwhile, Boyle objects to Gina’s new boyfriend (guest star Ryan Phillipe). Then, Jake and Rosa are framed for a crime they didn’t commit, it’s up to the Nine-Nine to find a way to bust them out.
Great News - "Carol Has a Bully" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Carol (Andrea Martin) has a midterm she must pass in order to keep her internship. Katie (Briga Heelan) needs to choose between helping her mom and focusing on her hacking story, which she can't seem to crack. Meanwhile, Greg's (Adam Campbell) wealthy estranged grandmother (guest star Christina Pickles) pays a visit to the office. Chuck (John Michael Higgins) finds her cold and cruel, but almost immediately falls in love with her.
Great News - "Carol's Eleven" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) makes a huge discovery about the story she's been chasing and, with the help of Carol (Andrea Martin) and the rest of the staff, concocts a scheme to get the story out. Greg (Adam Campbell) struggles with balancing his conflicting loyalties to his family, co-workers and conscience.
Mann & Wife - "Mann, Shut Yo Mouth" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Struggling to solve a tough case, an exhausted Daniel falls asleep and wakes up in a 70's blaxploitation cop show.
Tuesday, May 23
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Catch Terry on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rob Huebel (Trasparent/Burning Love) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to The Captain/Gary Unmarried), Andrew Santino (I'm Dying Up Here/Sin City Saints) and Erik Griffin (I'm Dying Up Here) - Al, Andrew and Erik are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (I'm Dying Up Here/Bad Teacher) - Ari stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ben Falcone (Nobodies/A to Z/Joey) - Ben drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim talks about her new book Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and The Big Bang Theory on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle teams up with Clinton Kelly to grill up a great entrée on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nicole Byer ( Loosely Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- The Love Boat Cast - The cast of The Love Boat reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on AOL Build Show 4pm.