Wednesday, September 03, 2014
ABC Family's 2014 13 Nights of Halloween Schedule; PBS' Robin Williams Remembered: A Pioneers of Television Special
We hinted last week at some 13 Nights of Halloween programming, now we have the full schedule. ABC Family brings the thrills and chills with 13 Nights of Halloween, a celebration filled with scares as you countdown to Halloween. The popular programming event, now in its 16th year, starts Sunday, October 19 and concludes on Friday, October 31. The fright fest features brand-new Halloween-themed episodes of Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy, an all-new Pretty Little Liars fan appreciation special, plus the hilariously scary prank specials Freak Out. The stunt will also include the network television premieres of Dark Shadows and ParaNorman, and a ghoulish mix of Halloween-themed programming.
View the full night-by-night schedule so you don't miss any action!
In celebration of award-winning comedian, TV star, and film and stage actor Robin Williams, who lives on in fond memories of audiences worldwide, PBS will premiere Robin Williams Remembered: A Pioneers of Television Special on Tuesday, September 9, 2014, at 9:00 pm ET (check local listings). The one-hour special will feature Williams' last full-length television interview, including never-before-seen footage of his comments on life and work, tributes by those who knew and worked with him closely in all phases of his career, and clips from iconic moments throughout his career. Williams shares stories about his first stand-up act, his desire to be a serious dramatic actor and his tireless efforts to entertain U.S. troops overseas. The program also includes an exclusive, new interview with Williams' former Mork & Mindy co-star Pam Dawber, who shares for the first time on camera since his death, her memories of working with him. Dawber was the actor who worked most closely with Robin Williams, and for the longest stretch -- more than four years. The two remained friends long after the show's end and had spoken just a few weeks before his death. Celebrities and friends of the late actor were recently interviewed by filmmakers Steve Boettcher and Mike Trinklein at the famed Comedy Store in Los Angeles, where they shared stories and discussed Williams' body of work, from stand-up to television to film. Featured interviews include remembrances from co-stars Henry Winkler (Happy Days), and Yakov Smirnoff (Moscow on the Hudson), to comedians Louie Anderson, Paul Rodriguez, Rick Overton, Blake Clark, and Pauly Shore, and comedy producer George Schlatter. Other interviews about Williams include: Penny Marshall, the late Jonathan Winters, Whoopi Goldberg, Jerry Stiller and Jimmie Walker.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 28
Bunk'd - "Treehouse of Terror" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Zuri, Jorge and Tiffany enlist the support of an unexpected camper to help restore an abandoned treehouse, so they can use it as a new hangout; Emma and Lou and Ravi and Xander get competitive during a friendly game of billiards.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Do What You Gotta Do" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Joseph experiences an episode of sexual frustration due to Leslie's vow of chastity.
Friday, October 28
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - Watch John on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about The Price is Right on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine?/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Ricky stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) - Melissa looks back at her earliest memories on Clarissa Explains It All – and says she was really bossy on People Now at 8:30am.
- Damon Wayans (My Wife and Kids) - Damon is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.