Wednesday, September 03, 2014
ABC Family's 2014 13 Nights of Halloween Schedule; PBS' Robin Williams Remembered: A Pioneers of Television Special
We hinted last week at some 13 Nights of Halloween programming, now we have the full schedule. ABC Family brings the thrills and chills with 13 Nights of Halloween, a celebration filled with scares as you countdown to Halloween. The popular programming event, now in its 16th year, starts Sunday, October 19 and concludes on Friday, October 31. The fright fest features brand-new Halloween-themed episodes of Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy, an all-new Pretty Little Liars fan appreciation special, plus the hilariously scary prank specials Freak Out. The stunt will also include the network television premieres of Dark Shadows and ParaNorman, and a ghoulish mix of Halloween-themed programming.
View the full night-by-night schedule so you don't miss any action!
In celebration of award-winning comedian, TV star, and film and stage actor Robin Williams, who lives on in fond memories of audiences worldwide, PBS will premiere Robin Williams Remembered: A Pioneers of Television Special on Tuesday, September 9, 2014, at 9:00 pm ET (check local listings). The one-hour special will feature Williams' last full-length television interview, including never-before-seen footage of his comments on life and work, tributes by those who knew and worked with him closely in all phases of his career, and clips from iconic moments throughout his career. Williams shares stories about his first stand-up act, his desire to be a serious dramatic actor and his tireless efforts to entertain U.S. troops overseas. The program also includes an exclusive, new interview with Williams' former Mork & Mindy co-star Pam Dawber, who shares for the first time on camera since his death, her memories of working with him. Dawber was the actor who worked most closely with Robin Williams, and for the longest stretch -- more than four years. The two remained friends long after the show's end and had spoken just a few weeks before his death. Celebrities and friends of the late actor were recently interviewed by filmmakers Steve Boettcher and Mike Trinklein at the famed Comedy Store in Los Angeles, where they shared stories and discussed Williams' body of work, from stand-up to television to film. Featured interviews include remembrances from co-stars Henry Winkler (Happy Days), and Yakov Smirnoff (Moscow on the Hudson), to comedians Louie Anderson, Paul Rodriguez, Rick Overton, Blake Clark, and Pauly Shore, and comedy producer George Schlatter. Other interviews about Williams include: Penny Marshall, the late Jonathan Winters, Whoopi Goldberg, Jerry Stiller and Jimmie Walker.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 20
Kevin Can Wait - "Neighborhood Watch" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Donna’s cousin, Irene (Claire Coffee), comes to visit with her chatty husband, Stuart (Alexander Chaplin), Kevin concocts an elaborate plan to avoid spending time with them by forming a neighborhood watch group with his buddies, including his neighbor, Rootger (Bas Rutten).
Man with a Plan - "Kate's First Date" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Kate is asked out on her first date, Adam can’t curb his overprotective ways. Also, Don enlists Lowell’s help to buy the perfect anniversary gift for Marcy.
Superior Donuts - "Trust Me" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Arthur is reluctant to let Franco make the shop’s bank deposit, Franco accuses his boss of not trusting him. Also, James regrets confiding in Randy after she shares an embarrassing secret about him with other cops at the station.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Jessica Shmessica" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Bobby (Christopher Gorham) invites Caroline to a party to meet his family, she is eager to make a good impression but isn’t prepared for the torch that his mother and sisters still carry for Bobby’s ex-girlfriend. Also, Caroline’s nerves are even more frayed when the diner gang decides to tag along. Guest stars include Nora Dunn as Bobby’s mother, Teresa, and Kerri Kenney-Silver as his sister, Denise.
Monday, February 20
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr (M*A*S*H) - Mike, Loretta and Jamie are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Anne-Marie Johnson (What's Happening Now!!) - Anne-Marie discusses diversity at the Oscars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Regina Hall (Grandfathered) - Regina appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/The Louie Show/Life with Louie) - Louie is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.