Tuesday, August 19, 2014
MeTV Network Fall 2014 Schedule; Disney Channel Posts Strong Ratings on Friday with Girl Meets World and Original Movie
This Fall, Home Is Where You Will Find Me! The MeTV Network fall schedule has been officially announced! Among the new shows are The Andy Griffith Show, CHiPs, Saved by the Bell, Black Sheep Squadron, The Man From U.N.C.L.E. and The Adventures of Superman. The launch date is Monday, September 1 - so we are just two weeks away. So let's break it down! Joining the MeTV fall schedule for the first time is The Andy Griffith Show, airing weeknights at 8PM ET, featuring two back-to-back episodes of the beloved classic comedy (Note: in many cities where The Andy Griffith Show is already on another station, so instead The MeTV Network will air Mayberry R.F.D. in its place in those markets). CHiPS will also be seen weeknights at 6PM and will patrol the early evenings. The man of steel will join the line up as Adventures of Superman will be on Saturday nights at 6PM and the Saved by the Bell classroom antics start with four back-to-back episodes beginning Sunday at 10AM. Cheyenne joins the Saturday western line up at 12PM, as well as weekday mornings at 4AM. Me Wants You! Every weekday from 7-10pm. It's a wide world of comedy, and MeTV is your native guide through all of it. From the tropics to the tundra, from the front lines to the front porch, they're bringing you the best in comedy: the zany, the thoughtful and everything in between (M*A*S*H, Andy, Hogan and Gilligan).
Elsewhere on the schedule, The Comedy Conundrum gets a few different shows to the evening line-up. Each weeknight beginning at 10PM ET, see back-to-back episodes of The Bob Newhart Show on Mondays, Taxi on Tuesdays, F Troop on Wednesdays, Welcome Back, Kotter on Thursdays and The Odd Couple on Fridays. Perry Mason returns to MeTV with the courtroom drama weekday mornings at 10AM, followed by Dragnet at 11AM. Cheers will reopen on MeTV each weeknight at 11PM. And Ironside is back with more Raymond Burr at 2AM. On weekends, MeTV's Saturday night line up gets even more out of this world with the addition of the aforementioned The Adventures of Superman at 6, launching on September 6. Saturday late night sees the return of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea at 1AM, a full-hour of Night Gallery at 2AM, The Alfred Hitchcock Hour at 3AM and Thriller at 4AM. Sunday nights are mysterious on MeTV. The Spies Who Love Me! block will launch with The Man From U.N.C.L.E., which is also new to the MeTV schedule and will air at 10PM, followed by Mission: Impossible, Get Smart and The Saint. Finally, Black Sheep Squadron will take to the skies Sunday nights at 7PM.
View and discuss the official MeTV Network Fall 2014 Schedule!
The past Friday (August 15) premiere of the Disney Channel Original Movie How to Build a Better Boy, headlined by Disney Channel and Disney XD sitcom stars China Anne McClain (A.N.T. Farm) and Kelli Berglund (Lab Rats), delivered 4.6 million Total Viewers, ranking as Friday's #1 cable TV telecast and the #1 TV telecast among Kids 2-11 (2.5 million/6.2 rating), Kids 6-11 (1.9 million/8.2 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (1.7 million/7.1 rating). Leading out of the movie, Girl Meets World summer finale (special time of 9:45 p.m.) delivered its #2 telecast on record, ranking as Friday's #2 cable TV telecast in Total Viewers (4.1 million) and TV's #2 telecast across Kids 2-11 (1.9 million/4.9 rating), Kids 6-11 (1.6 million/6.5 rating) and Tweens (1.5 million/6.4 rating). The episode featured a guest appearance by Lee Norris as Stuart Minkus from Boy Meets World. Don't forget Girl Meets World airs regularly every Friday night at 8:30pm and will return with new episodes this Fall starting Sept. 12.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.