Monday, July 07, 2014
As we mentioned on our 4th of July marathons story, Batman is now on IFC and aired in a 4th of July marathon on Friday (Holy Marathon!). The campy '60 series starring Adam West and Burt Ward as Batman and Robin is airing weekdays at 7:30am & 8am and again in the afternoon usually around 3:30pm and 4pm. The times vary, but you'll get four episodes every weekday, so check your listings for exact time. The series will also air on weekends, airing in a block format around 8-11am, with once again times varying. Batman joins the line-up of other comedies and series such as The Three Stooges, Malcolm in the Middle and original comedies like Portlandia and Maron. Upcoming new comedy Garfunkel and Oates premieres Thursday, Aug. 7 at 10. Garfunkel and Oates centers on the aspirations and misadventures of the female comedy-folk duo Riki Lindhome (Garfunkel) and Kate Micucci (Oates), and will spotlight the personal and professional lives of the duo whose career choices – singing satirical and sometimes dirty songs – leaves them with little in common with their peers, and no one but each other to turn to for support and understanding. Fred Savage is producing and directing. Stay with us for more on that and of course more on Batman on IFC. Batman was last on cable on The Hub and still airs on digital broadcast network MeTV.
New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) present The Wayans Brothers on Friday, August 1, 2014 at 8PM. Don't miss this only area performance when Hollywood's First Family of comedy, Keenen, Damon, Shawn and Marlon Wayans share one stage in an evening of hilarious stand-up comedy. Get your tickets now at NJPAC.org or 888.GO.NJPAC (888.466.5722). The brothers have enjoyed success as directors, screenwriters, comedians and actors. Shawn, 43, and Marlon, 42, are best known for the sitcom The Wayans Bros., which aired from 1995-1999 on the WB. Keenen, 56 – the oldest of 10 siblings – and Damon, 54, created, wrote and starred in the Fox Network program In Living Color, which ran from 1990-1994. In addition, Damon Wayans wrapped five seasons of the ABC series My Wife and Kids, which he co-created and executive produced.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.