Monday, May 19, 2014
TV Land has acquired the rights to the '80s sitcom Who's the Boss? starting June 1. The Tony Danza-Judith Light sitcom will launch on Sunday, June 1, 2014 from 10am-2pm. The series also starred Alyssa Milano and Katherine Helmond. It will air regularly Sundays 10am-2pm, weekdays 9-10pm (except Wednesdays) and Saturdays from 6-9pm. The weekday 9-10pm hour will begin on Thursday, June 5, while the Saturday block will begin on June 7. TV Land in recent months have added three classic sitcoms (Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island and Three's Company), while also getting the rights to Walker, Texas Ranger. Now Who's the Boss? joins the list of those new additions. Who's the Boss? was last seen on TV Guide Network, but it doesn't look like they will have the rights come June 1. Stay tuned for more on TV Land soon because they will have a five-night stunt beginning May 31 (and that's why Who's The Boss? won't start weeknights 9-10pm until June 5).
FX and FXX have announced their original series premieres for this summer. Returning comedy series Wilfred will move to FXX for its fourth and final season starting Wednesday, June 25 at 10 PM ET/PT with two back-to-back episodes. Wilfred is a half-hour, live-action comedy about Ryan, a young man struggling to make his way in the world until he forms a unique friendship with Wilfred, his neighbor's canine pet. Everyone else sees Wilfred as just a dog, but Ryan sees a crude and somewhat surly, yet irrepressibly brave and honest Australian bloke in a cheap dog suit. Elijah Wood stars as Ryan and Jason Gann plays the title character Wilfred. Series regulars also include Fiona Gubelmann and Dorian Brown. FXX will air 10 episodes of Wilfred for Season 4 on Wednesday nights at 10 PM ET/PT. Then, new comedy series Married premieres Thursday, July 17 at 10 PM ET/PT on FX. Married is a half hour comedy about being miserably in love. Russ (Nat Faxon) and Lina Bowman (Judy Greer) can barely remember what life was like before kids, debt, and suburbia rained on their romance -- but every once in a while, in between the arguments about their declining sex life and who's driving carpool, they are reminded what drew them together in the first place -- they're best friends. FX has ordered 10 episodes of Married for its first season to air Thursday nights at 10 PM ET/PT.
Following Married will be another new comedy on FX. Comedy You're the Worst makes its series debut Thursday, July 17 at 10:30 PM ET/PT immediately following Married. You're the Worst, from Stephen Falk, stars Aya Cash (The Wolf of Wall Street), Chris Geere, Kether Donahue, and Desmin Borges. You're the Worst is a comedic love story about what happens when two toxic, self-destructive people (Cash and Geere) fall in love despite themselves and attempt the impossible - a relationship. FX has ordered 10 episodes of You're the Worst for its first season to air Thursday nights at 10:30 PM ET/PT. Elsewhere on FX, they have two dramas: Tyrant debuts June 24 and The Strain is set for July 13. FX's Peabody Award-Winning series The Bridge returns July 9.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, December 5
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin's Bringing Supper Back" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin’s resolve to spend more quality time with his family is put to the ultimate test when his buddies surprise him with concert tickets to his favorite musician, fellow Long Islander Billy Joel. Multiple Grammy Award-winning pianist, singer and songwriter Billy Joel appears as himself.
Man with a Plan - "Holey War" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the kids won’t admit who put a hole in the wall, Adam and Andi team up to get the culprit to confess.
2 Broke Girls - "And the About FaceTime" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Randy and Max get tired of Caroline being the third wheel on their FaceTime dates, Randy sets her up with one of his co-workers. Also, Oleg is distraught when Sophie tells him to trade in his beloved car for a minivan.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Celebration Experimentation" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After more than nine years together, the gang finally celebrates Sheldon’s birthday, surprising him with a special guest. Christine Baranski, John Ross Bowie, Sara Gilbert and Wil Wheaton return, joined by special guest star Adam West.
American Dad - "Bahama Mama" (TBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Stan gets upset at the idea of becoming a grandfather after Hayley and Jeff announced they're trying to have a baby; Steve and Klaus join a drug gang.
People of Earth - "Last Day on Earth" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Gerry says goodbye to StarCrossed as he readies for his own long-awaited experience; Jonathan Walsh shares game changing information with Ozzie; Don and Kelly go on a date.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emmanuelle drops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.