Monday, April 21, 2014
TBS' original sitcom Sullivan & Son is rolling out the red carpet for big guest stars when it returns for its third season this June. Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory), Ken Jeong (The Hangover movies, Community) and Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) are set to return to TBS's hit original series Sullivan & Son during the show's upcoming third season. Last year marked the first appearances on the show for Nayyar and Jeong. Gardell has appeared in both previous seasons. Sullivan & Son, which ranked as one of basic cable's Top 10 original sitcoms of 2013 with adults 18-49, is set to launch its third season with back-to-back episodes Tuesday, June 24, at 10pm (ET/PT). Popular comedian Steve Byrne stars as Steve Sullivan, a former corporate attorney who left New York to run the family bar with his parents in Pittsburgh. Sullivan & Son's outstanding ensemble cast includes Dan Lauria (The Wonder Years), Christine Ebersole (Royal Pains, Amadeus), Brian Doyle-Murray (Groundhog Day, The Middle), Jodi Long (Beginners), Valerie Azlynn (Tropic Thunder), Vivian Bang (Yes Man), Owen Benjamin (The House Bunny) Ahmed Ahmed (Iron Man) and Roy Wood Jr. (Last Comic Standing).
In season three of Sullivan & Son, Kunal Nayyar will return as Neal, the ultimate ladies man who tried to steal a few hearts during the bar's Ladies Night at the bar last season. Ken Jeong will return as Jason, Steve's brother-in-law whose workaholic ways were putting strain on his marriage... that is until he let loose at the bar. Billy Gardell will return for the third consecutive season as Lyle Winkler, a quirky comic-book collector and youth hockey coach who has constant run-ins with Steve and the bar regulars.
Recently launched IDW Entertainment, along with George Lopez and his Travieso Production Company, announced they are developing Wormwood as an animated television series based on the acclaimed IDW comics, created by artist Ben Templesmith. David M. Stern (Ugly Americans, Simpsons) has been tapped to write the pilot episode and serve as an executive producer on the series. Circle of Confusion (Walking Dead), will also executive produce. IDW Entertainment will fund development of the series, which will soon be marketed to the networks. Wormwood follows the paranormal and obscene adventures of an inter-dimensional worm with the ability to animate corpses as host bodies. Wormwood blends horror and humor, crafting a dark tale perfectly suited for the world of animation. George Lopez can be currently seen on his new FX sitcom Saint George every Thursday at 9 on FX. Stay with us for continued updates on this potential new project.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.