Monday, April 14, 2014
Just last week we mentioned that Sabrina, the Teenage Witch is now on Logo but now we have yet more sitcom news! Maude is coming to Logo this Mother's Day on Sunday, May 11, 2014! The classic Bea Arthur sitcom will air from 11am-7:30pm on Mother's Day following Bea's other hit sitcom The Golden Girls from 6am-11am. No word just yet if Maude will continue to air on the network beyond the Mother's Day stunt, but we will let you know as soon as we know. As of now Designing Women, which was slated to launch on the network April 12 has still not been rescheduled. If and when they schedule that, we'll let you know. Back to Maude, the series airs regularly on digital broadcast network Antenna TV, now airing weekends at 6pm & 6:30pm.
Sitcoms come and go. And then there's Maude, the groundbreaking Norman Lear comedy. The show revolves around Maude Findlay, a very outspoken middle-class woman who wears her liberal politics on her sleeve and shares her home in suburban Tuckahoe, N.Y., with fourth husband Walter; her divorced daughter, Carol; and Carol's adolescent son, Phillip. Walter and Maude's best friends are next-door neighbors Dr. Arthur and Vivian Harmon. Among the domestic help that Maude helps "liberate" during the run of the show are Florida Evans and Mrs. Nell Naugatuck.
WE tv had its upfront late last week and announced an ambitious slate of unscripted original programming for 2014-15 including a one-hour pilot of Charlie Sheen's Bad Influence, a fun, relationship-based competition show. The network also greenlit the new series Match Made In Heaven, Mystery Millionaire and David Tutera's CELEBrations and renewed the popular shows Kendra on Top, Marriage Boot Camp and the Braxton Family Values spinoff Tamar & Vince, further strengthening WE tv's line-up of unscripted programming focused on strong, relatable characters set against the backdrop of dramatic, real-life situations. In addition to the network's growing unscripted efforts, WE tv will debut its first original scripted series, The Divide, this July. We will focus on that series.
The Divide follows an impassioned caseworker with The Innocence Initiative, Christine Rosa, (Marin Ireland, Homeland, Boss) as she delves into the case of a death row inmate whom she believes was wrongly convicted of a young family's heinous murder 11 years earlier. As she chases down new evidence in her search for the truth, Christine confronts an equally passionate district attorney, Adam Page (Damon Gupton, The Newsroom, Prime Suspect), whose view of justice is colored by shades of gray. Adam's actions put a strain on his marriage to Billie Page (Nia Long, The Best Man Holiday, House of Lies), a powerhouse corporate attorney at a crossroads in her personal and professional life. 8 episodes have been ordered and will premiere in July.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.