Monday, April 14, 2014
Just last week we mentioned that Sabrina, the Teenage Witch is now on Logo but now we have yet more sitcom news! Maude is coming to Logo this Mother's Day on Sunday, May 11, 2014! The classic Bea Arthur sitcom will air from 11am-7:30pm on Mother's Day following Bea's other hit sitcom The Golden Girls from 6am-11am. No word just yet if Maude will continue to air on the network beyond the Mother's Day stunt, but we will let you know as soon as we know. As of now Designing Women, which was slated to launch on the network April 12 has still not been rescheduled. If and when they schedule that, we'll let you know. Back to Maude, the series airs regularly on digital broadcast network Antenna TV, now airing weekends at 6pm & 6:30pm.
Sitcoms come and go. And then there's Maude, the groundbreaking Norman Lear comedy. The show revolves around Maude Findlay, a very outspoken middle-class woman who wears her liberal politics on her sleeve and shares her home in suburban Tuckahoe, N.Y., with fourth husband Walter; her divorced daughter, Carol; and Carol's adolescent son, Phillip. Walter and Maude's best friends are next-door neighbors Dr. Arthur and Vivian Harmon. Among the domestic help that Maude helps "liberate" during the run of the show are Florida Evans and Mrs. Nell Naugatuck.
WE tv had its upfront late last week and announced an ambitious slate of unscripted original programming for 2014-15 including a one-hour pilot of Charlie Sheen's Bad Influence, a fun, relationship-based competition show. The network also greenlit the new series Match Made In Heaven, Mystery Millionaire and David Tutera's CELEBrations and renewed the popular shows Kendra on Top, Marriage Boot Camp and the Braxton Family Values spinoff Tamar & Vince, further strengthening WE tv's line-up of unscripted programming focused on strong, relatable characters set against the backdrop of dramatic, real-life situations. In addition to the network's growing unscripted efforts, WE tv will debut its first original scripted series, The Divide, this July. We will focus on that series.
The Divide follows an impassioned caseworker with The Innocence Initiative, Christine Rosa, (Marin Ireland, Homeland, Boss) as she delves into the case of a death row inmate whom she believes was wrongly convicted of a young family's heinous murder 11 years earlier. As she chases down new evidence in her search for the truth, Christine confronts an equally passionate district attorney, Adam Page (Damon Gupton, The Newsroom, Prime Suspect), whose view of justice is colored by shades of gray. Adam's actions put a strain on his marriage to Billie Page (Nia Long, The Best Man Holiday, House of Lies), a powerhouse corporate attorney at a crossroads in her personal and professional life. 8 episodes have been ordered and will premiere in July.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.