Monday, April 07, 2014
ABC has announced the premiere of new summer series Sing Your Face Off, on Saturday, May 31 from 9:00-11:00pm. Two all-new episodes will air back-to-back in that two-hour time period each week. The show will be paired with season two of Bet On Your Baby, which as previously announced, will debut that same night at 8:00pm, making for all-original programming on Saturday nights on the network.
In addition, new premiere dates were announced for returning summer drama Rookie Blue, now launching on Thursday, June 19 at 9:00pm, ET and new alternative series The Quest, now on Thursday, July 31 at 8:00pm, ET (they had previously been announced as premiering July 17 and June 19, respectively). Rookie Blue was planned for 10pm, but now will be 9pm. New drama The Astronaut Wives Club was planned for Thursday, July 24 at 9:00pm, but now ABC has to delay the start of production and it will no longer premiere this summer. Look for the series to air in early 2015 instead now. ABC will announce what will air at 10pm on Thursdays at a later date. No word yet on what will air at 8pm on Thursdays now that The Quest has been pushed to late July. More info to come on Thursdays at 8 and 10, so stay tuned.
Sing Your Face Off is a talent variety competition featuring celebrities who are transformed and trained to perform as a legendary musical icon. Over the course of the series, the five celebrities - Sebastian Bach/legendary rock star from the band Skid Row, Landry Fields/NBA's Toronto Raptors, Jon Lovitz/comedian, actor, singer, China Anne McClain/Disney Channel's A.N.T. Farm, and Lisa Rinna/Days of Our Lives - will take on the identity of an iconic music performer. The celebrities could find themselves transformed into someone far older, younger or even someone of the opposite sex. Six episodes will air.
On the heels of its recently concluded 31st annual PaleyFest, The Paley Center for Media announced two public programs: "The Goldbergs: Your TV Trip to the 1980s" on Monday, April 28, 2014 and "An Evening with Key & Peele" on Monday, June 9, 2014, both at the Center's Beverly Hills location. "The Goldbergs: Your TV Trip to the 1980s" will feature an exclusive screening of a new episode, followed by a conversation with the following members of the cast and creative team scheduled to attend: Wendi McLendon-Covey, Jeff Garlin, George Segal, Troy Gentile, Hayley Orrantia and creator/executive producer Adam F. Goldberg. In a season chockfull of new family comedies, ABC's The Goldbergs is a standout. Based on the life of its creator, Adam F. Goldberg, it's a relatable story of a loud, but loving family - three sibs and their smothering mother, blustering father, and dapper grandfather - in the "pre-blogging, pre-peanut allergy" 1980s. The Goldbergs is equal parts The Wonder Years and Malcolm in the Middle - with a nod to its obvious progenitor: Gertrude Berg's pioneering radio and television show of the same name about a (very different) middle-class family.
In anticipation of the series' season 4 debut this fall, the stars of Comedy Central's original sketch comedy series Key & Peele, Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele, will take the Paley Center stage for a special clip-filled conversation with moderator Patton Oswalt. Tickets to both events will are on sale to Paley Center's Patron members as of Thursday, April 3 and to Paley Center's General members on Friday, April 4. It is also available to the general public as of Saturday, April 5. Further information and tickets to the programs can be found at www.paleycenter.org.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, October 23
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of last season’s Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-a-Witch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
The Simpsons - "Trust But Clarify" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
Son of Zorn - "A Taste of Zephyria" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After learning how Zephyria is depicted in the media, Zorn attempts to teach Alan about his culture. Meanwhile, Edie wages war with her new neighbors over their talking garden gnome.
Family Guy - "Inside Family Guy" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
FAMILY GUY takes viewers behind the scenes of a regular “FAMILY GUY” production week, with James Woods as the guide. See the ins-and-outs of what goes into the making of a “FAMILY GUY” episode and watch the drama unfold as Peter is replaced and ends up in the office of Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman to pitch his very own new series.
The Last Man on Earth - "Five Hoda Kotbs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
A post-apocalyptic road trip has everyone at war with each other and Gail is really pushed to her breaking point.
Bizaardvark - "Spoiler Alert: Belissa Returns" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Paige and Frankie hit a writing slump and other bad things start happening to them, Paige begins to think they are cursed; Amelia and Dirk are at odds when the lifestyle Diva declutters the Dare Lair.
Sunday, October 23
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.