Monday, April 07, 2014
ABC has announced the premiere of new summer series Sing Your Face Off, on Saturday, May 31 from 9:00-11:00pm. Two all-new episodes will air back-to-back in that two-hour time period each week. The show will be paired with season two of Bet On Your Baby, which as previously announced, will debut that same night at 8:00pm, making for all-original programming on Saturday nights on the network.
In addition, new premiere dates were announced for returning summer drama Rookie Blue, now launching on Thursday, June 19 at 9:00pm, ET and new alternative series The Quest, now on Thursday, July 31 at 8:00pm, ET (they had previously been announced as premiering July 17 and June 19, respectively). Rookie Blue was planned for 10pm, but now will be 9pm. New drama The Astronaut Wives Club was planned for Thursday, July 24 at 9:00pm, but now ABC has to delay the start of production and it will no longer premiere this summer. Look for the series to air in early 2015 instead now. ABC will announce what will air at 10pm on Thursdays at a later date. No word yet on what will air at 8pm on Thursdays now that The Quest has been pushed to late July. More info to come on Thursdays at 8 and 10, so stay tuned.
Sing Your Face Off is a talent variety competition featuring celebrities who are transformed and trained to perform as a legendary musical icon. Over the course of the series, the five celebrities - Sebastian Bach/legendary rock star from the band Skid Row, Landry Fields/NBA's Toronto Raptors, Jon Lovitz/comedian, actor, singer, China Anne McClain/Disney Channel's A.N.T. Farm, and Lisa Rinna/Days of Our Lives - will take on the identity of an iconic music performer. The celebrities could find themselves transformed into someone far older, younger or even someone of the opposite sex. Six episodes will air.
On the heels of its recently concluded 31st annual PaleyFest, The Paley Center for Media announced two public programs: "The Goldbergs: Your TV Trip to the 1980s" on Monday, April 28, 2014 and "An Evening with Key & Peele" on Monday, June 9, 2014, both at the Center's Beverly Hills location. "The Goldbergs: Your TV Trip to the 1980s" will feature an exclusive screening of a new episode, followed by a conversation with the following members of the cast and creative team scheduled to attend: Wendi McLendon-Covey, Jeff Garlin, George Segal, Troy Gentile, Hayley Orrantia and creator/executive producer Adam F. Goldberg. In a season chockfull of new family comedies, ABC's The Goldbergs is a standout. Based on the life of its creator, Adam F. Goldberg, it's a relatable story of a loud, but loving family - three sibs and their smothering mother, blustering father, and dapper grandfather - in the "pre-blogging, pre-peanut allergy" 1980s. The Goldbergs is equal parts The Wonder Years and Malcolm in the Middle - with a nod to its obvious progenitor: Gertrude Berg's pioneering radio and television show of the same name about a (very different) middle-class family.
In anticipation of the series' season 4 debut this fall, the stars of Comedy Central's original sketch comedy series Key & Peele, Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele, will take the Paley Center stage for a special clip-filled conversation with moderator Patton Oswalt. Tickets to both events will are on sale to Paley Center's Patron members as of Thursday, April 3 and to Paley Center's General members on Friday, April 4. It is also available to the general public as of Saturday, April 5. Further information and tickets to the programs can be found at www.paleycenter.org.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, December 4
The Simpsons - "The Last Traction Hero" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A workplace accident leaves Homer in a cast, and in a position to sue Mr. Burns. This leaves Marge unfulfilled, so she turns to an unexpected source for romance. Meanwhile, Lisa is made “Bus Monitor” and tries to keep the peace.
Son of Zorn - "Return of the Drinking Buddy" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Zorn’s old friend Headbutt Man (guest voice Rob Riggle) is coming to town. Unfortunately for Zorn, Headbutt Man is now sober. Meanwhile, Alan is invited to a party where his crush, Nancy (guest star Emily Wong), will be. Unfortunately, he has to take Headbutt man’s daughter with him.
Family Guy - "Carter and Tricia" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Carter buys the Pawtucket Patriot brewery and decides to cut some corners to save a few bucks. Peter overhears the plan and runs and tells investigative journalist Tricia Takanawa about Carter’s plan to use toxic chemicals in the beer cans. Meanwhile, Brian’s drivers’ license has expired and he enlists Stewie as an instructor.
The Last Man on Earth - "Whitney Houston, We Have a Problem" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After finding a mysterious note left by Melissa that says “Goodbye,” the gang sets off to go look for her. Meanwhile, Gail gets stuck on a solo adventure of her own.
K.C. Undercover - "Holly Holly Not So Jolly" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Christmas time arrives and K.C. tells everyone she has to go pick up a last-minute gift, but instead goes to The Organization's therapist, Dr. Levinstein.
Mech X-4 - "Let's Survive in the Woods!" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Principal Grey sets a trap for Ryan, Harris and Spyder while they're on a camping trip, which leaves MECH-X4 and Mark in danger.
Best Friends Whenever - "The Christmas Curse" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Shelby and Cyd encourage a homesick Daisy to incorporate a festive 16th-century tradition into their annual Christmas party.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.