Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Katie Couric will sit down with the cast of Murphy Brown in an exclusive television reunion for her nationally syndicated daytime talk show, Katie. Stars Candice Bergen, Faith Ford, Charles Kimbrough, Joe Regalbuto, and Grant Shaud, along with creator Diane English, will reunite to share behind-the-scenes stories for the iconic show's 25th Anniversary. They will discuss their favorite memories, ground-breaking episodes and the show's influence on popular culture. Their conversation airs on Thursday, December 12, 2013 (check local listings/ or www.katiecouric.com) on Katie. We listed it on our weekly sitcom stars on talk shows round-up, but this deserves a special shout-out! The Katie episode with the cast will tape Wednesday. Also on Wednesday, the entire cast will also reunite for "Murphy Brown: A 25th Anniversary Celebration," at The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) at 7:30pm in New York City. This will not be televised. Encore Classic, which recently added the series to its line-up, is sponsoring the event. Faith Ford and Candice Bergen are also doing individual appearances on talk shows in New York such as LIVE! With Kelly and Michael and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. The Murphy Brown cast last reunited in 2012 at the TV Land Awards when they were given the Impact Award.
We mentioned that USA Network will be getting into the original comedy business and they have picked-up two comedies. Now we have news on a premiere date for one of them! USA Network will premiere the new half-hour comedy series Sirens, from the distinct comedic point of view of Denis Leary and Bob Fisher, on Thursday, March 6 at 10|9c with two back-to-back episodes. Sirens follows the ridiculous antics of three Chicago EMTs. A group of unruly men when it comes to their personal lives, these guys are the best in the business professionally and can handle any life-threatening situation that winds up in their ambulance. Good looking and sports-loving Johnny (Michael Mosley) leads the crew, featuring his outspoken and refreshingly honest longtime best friend Hank (Kevin Daniels) and impressionable and eager new recruit Brian (Kevin Bigley). Offering a needed female perspective is Theresa (Jessica McNamee), a smart, independent cop with the Chicago PD who finds herself in love purgatory with her ex, Johnny. Together this foursome delve into hot issues such as bromances, friends with benefits and the danger of internet browser history. Guest stars appearing in the 10 episode first season include Emmy winners Jean Smart and Loretta Devine as well as Bill Nunn, Lenny Clarke, Nora Dunn and John Scurti. Stay with us for continued updates on Sirens and also their other upcoming new comedy Playing House, which does not have a premiere date just yet.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 21
Last Man Standing - "Trick or Treat" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Halloween and the Baxter family is excited for their annual party, except for Mike who’s reluctantly tasked with choosing the theme. In hopes of turning everyone against the holiday, Mike decides that maybe if the whole family has to dress up like each other they’ll end up making fun of one another. Eve dresses up like Mandy and Mandy dresses down like Eve, Kristin and Ryan swap roles, and Mike shows up to the party as… Donald Trump!? The impersonating turns into bickering but in the end, the Baxters come together to support Vanessa as she learns that she’s being laid off.
Dr. Ken - "D.K.'s Korean Ghost Story" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Halloween, Allison is disappointed the holiday doesn’t seem to scare Dave anymore, meaning her little boy is growing up, perhaps too fast. But that might change after D.K. tells a scary Korean gwishin (ghost) story. The Park family, as well as the gang at Welltopia, bring the story to life playing the various gwishins.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Jack" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus deals with the loss of one of his former teammates.
Friday, October 21
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Matthew on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah talks about Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1:15pm.
- Lindsay Sloane (The Odd Couple/The Stones/Mr. Rhodes) - Lindsay visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Tom and Ron will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian talks about King Cobra on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Netflix's Good Girls Revolt on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jennifer Grey (Red Oaks/It's Like, You Know...) - Jennifer joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Thomas Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) and Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Thomas and Jason are guests on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marisa appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Paul Reiser (Red Oaks/Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.