Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Katie Couric will sit down with the cast of Murphy Brown in an exclusive television reunion for her nationally syndicated daytime talk show, Katie. Stars Candice Bergen, Faith Ford, Charles Kimbrough, Joe Regalbuto, and Grant Shaud, along with creator Diane English, will reunite to share behind-the-scenes stories for the iconic show's 25th Anniversary. They will discuss their favorite memories, ground-breaking episodes and the show's influence on popular culture. Their conversation airs on Thursday, December 12, 2013 (check local listings/ or www.katiecouric.com) on Katie. We listed it on our weekly sitcom stars on talk shows round-up, but this deserves a special shout-out! The Katie episode with the cast will tape Wednesday. Also on Wednesday, the entire cast will also reunite for "Murphy Brown: A 25th Anniversary Celebration," at The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) at 7:30pm in New York City. This will not be televised. Encore Classic, which recently added the series to its line-up, is sponsoring the event. Faith Ford and Candice Bergen are also doing individual appearances on talk shows in New York such as LIVE! With Kelly and Michael and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. The Murphy Brown cast last reunited in 2012 at the TV Land Awards when they were given the Impact Award.
We mentioned that USA Network will be getting into the original comedy business and they have picked-up two comedies. Now we have news on a premiere date for one of them! USA Network will premiere the new half-hour comedy series Sirens, from the distinct comedic point of view of Denis Leary and Bob Fisher, on Thursday, March 6 at 10|9c with two back-to-back episodes. Sirens follows the ridiculous antics of three Chicago EMTs. A group of unruly men when it comes to their personal lives, these guys are the best in the business professionally and can handle any life-threatening situation that winds up in their ambulance. Good looking and sports-loving Johnny (Michael Mosley) leads the crew, featuring his outspoken and refreshingly honest longtime best friend Hank (Kevin Daniels) and impressionable and eager new recruit Brian (Kevin Bigley). Offering a needed female perspective is Theresa (Jessica McNamee), a smart, independent cop with the Chicago PD who finds herself in love purgatory with her ex, Johnny. Together this foursome delve into hot issues such as bromances, friends with benefits and the danger of internet browser history. Guest stars appearing in the 10 episode first season include Emmy winners Jean Smart and Loretta Devine as well as Bill Nunn, Lenny Clarke, Nora Dunn and John Scurti. Stay with us for continued updates on Sirens and also their other upcoming new comedy Playing House, which does not have a premiere date just yet.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 23
Downward Dog - "Boundaries" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Nan installs an automatic dog door so she can take away Jason’s key but still keep him as Martin’s dog walker, Martin is convinced he can suddenly open doors with his mind, and the new-found power goes to his head. Meanwhile at work, Nan’s boss is unable to understand the new ad campaign Nan sold to the corporate bosses, and he spirals into confusion.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bank Job" / "Crime & Punishment" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jake and Rosa continue their search for a bank-robbing operation with Lieutenant Hawkins (guest star Gina Gershon), they realize there’s more to her team than meets the eye. After discovering a dangerous secret, they call for back-up from Holt and Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). Meanwhile, Boyle objects to Gina’s new boyfriend (guest star Ryan Phillipe). Then, Jake and Rosa are framed for a crime they didn’t commit, it’s up to the Nine-Nine to find a way to bust them out.
Great News - "Carol Has a Bully" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Carol (Andrea Martin) has a midterm she must pass in order to keep her internship. Katie (Briga Heelan) needs to choose between helping her mom and focusing on her hacking story, which she can't seem to crack. Meanwhile, Greg's (Adam Campbell) wealthy estranged grandmother (guest star Christina Pickles) pays a visit to the office. Chuck (John Michael Higgins) finds her cold and cruel, but almost immediately falls in love with her.
Great News - "Carol's Eleven" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) makes a huge discovery about the story she's been chasing and, with the help of Carol (Andrea Martin) and the rest of the staff, concocts a scheme to get the story out. Greg (Adam Campbell) struggles with balancing his conflicting loyalties to his family, co-workers and conscience.
Mann & Wife - "Mann, Shut Yo Mouth" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Struggling to solve a tough case, an exhausted Daniel falls asleep and wakes up in a 70's blaxploitation cop show.
Tuesday, May 23
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Catch Terry on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rob Huebel (Trasparent/Burning Love) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to The Captain/Gary Unmarried), Andrew Santino (I'm Dying Up Here/Sin City Saints) and Erik Griffin (I'm Dying Up Here) - Al, Andrew and Erik are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (I'm Dying Up Here/Bad Teacher) - Ari stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ben Falcone (Nobodies/A to Z/Joey) - Ben drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim talks about her new book Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and The Big Bang Theory on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle teams up with Clinton Kelly to grill up a great entrée on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nicole Byer ( Loosely Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- The Love Boat Cast - The cast of The Love Boat reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on AOL Build Show 4pm.