Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Katie Couric will sit down with the cast of Murphy Brown in an exclusive television reunion for her nationally syndicated daytime talk show, Katie. Stars Candice Bergen, Faith Ford, Charles Kimbrough, Joe Regalbuto, and Grant Shaud, along with creator Diane English, will reunite to share behind-the-scenes stories for the iconic show's 25th Anniversary. They will discuss their favorite memories, ground-breaking episodes and the show's influence on popular culture. Their conversation airs on Thursday, December 12, 2013 (check local listings/ or www.katiecouric.com) on Katie. We listed it on our weekly sitcom stars on talk shows round-up, but this deserves a special shout-out! The Katie episode with the cast will tape Wednesday. Also on Wednesday, the entire cast will also reunite for "Murphy Brown: A 25th Anniversary Celebration," at The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) at 7:30pm in New York City. This will not be televised. Encore Classic, which recently added the series to its line-up, is sponsoring the event. Faith Ford and Candice Bergen are also doing individual appearances on talk shows in New York such as LIVE! With Kelly and Michael and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. The Murphy Brown cast last reunited in 2012 at the TV Land Awards when they were given the Impact Award.
We mentioned that USA Network will be getting into the original comedy business and they have picked-up two comedies. Now we have news on a premiere date for one of them! USA Network will premiere the new half-hour comedy series Sirens, from the distinct comedic point of view of Denis Leary and Bob Fisher, on Thursday, March 6 at 10|9c with two back-to-back episodes. Sirens follows the ridiculous antics of three Chicago EMTs. A group of unruly men when it comes to their personal lives, these guys are the best in the business professionally and can handle any life-threatening situation that winds up in their ambulance. Good looking and sports-loving Johnny (Michael Mosley) leads the crew, featuring his outspoken and refreshingly honest longtime best friend Hank (Kevin Daniels) and impressionable and eager new recruit Brian (Kevin Bigley). Offering a needed female perspective is Theresa (Jessica McNamee), a smart, independent cop with the Chicago PD who finds herself in love purgatory with her ex, Johnny. Together this foursome delve into hot issues such as bromances, friends with benefits and the danger of internet browser history. Guest stars appearing in the 10 episode first season include Emmy winners Jean Smart and Loretta Devine as well as Bill Nunn, Lenny Clarke, Nora Dunn and John Scurti. Stay with us for continued updates on Sirens and also their other upcoming new comedy Playing House, which does not have a premiere date just yet.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, May 6
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Fit for a Fling" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus' friends question him about his recent neurotic behavior and think it may be linked to his motivation to change.
Friday, May 6
- John Stamos (Grandfathered/Jake in Progress/Full House) - Watch John on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Andrew Rannells (Girls/The New Normal) - Andrew stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Raymond appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric and his mom spill all his secrets on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Josh Hopkins (Cougar Town) - Josh discusses Quantico on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT and on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Netflix's Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. Lily also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Lily will be on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. Jane visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea talks about Chelsea on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - People Now catches up with Kristin.
- Marliu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Marilu Henner and her husband, Michael Brown, discuss their new book Changing Normal on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Ernie Hudson (Grace and Frankie/The Last Precinct) - Ernie is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Mila Kunis (Family Guy/That '70s Show) - Mila appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.