Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Katie Couric will sit down with the cast of Murphy Brown in an exclusive television reunion for her nationally syndicated daytime talk show, Katie. Stars Candice Bergen, Faith Ford, Charles Kimbrough, Joe Regalbuto, and Grant Shaud, along with creator Diane English, will reunite to share behind-the-scenes stories for the iconic show's 25th Anniversary. They will discuss their favorite memories, ground-breaking episodes and the show's influence on popular culture. Their conversation airs on Thursday, December 12, 2013 (check local listings/ or www.katiecouric.com) on Katie. We listed it on our weekly sitcom stars on talk shows round-up, but this deserves a special shout-out! The Katie episode with the cast will tape Wednesday. Also on Wednesday, the entire cast will also reunite for "Murphy Brown: A 25th Anniversary Celebration," at The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) at 7:30pm in New York City. This will not be televised. Encore Classic, which recently added the series to its line-up, is sponsoring the event. Faith Ford and Candice Bergen are also doing individual appearances on talk shows in New York such as LIVE! With Kelly and Michael and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. The Murphy Brown cast last reunited in 2012 at the TV Land Awards when they were given the Impact Award.
We mentioned that USA Network will be getting into the original comedy business and they have picked-up two comedies. Now we have news on a premiere date for one of them! USA Network will premiere the new half-hour comedy series Sirens, from the distinct comedic point of view of Denis Leary and Bob Fisher, on Thursday, March 6 at 10|9c with two back-to-back episodes. Sirens follows the ridiculous antics of three Chicago EMTs. A group of unruly men when it comes to their personal lives, these guys are the best in the business professionally and can handle any life-threatening situation that winds up in their ambulance. Good looking and sports-loving Johnny (Michael Mosley) leads the crew, featuring his outspoken and refreshingly honest longtime best friend Hank (Kevin Daniels) and impressionable and eager new recruit Brian (Kevin Bigley). Offering a needed female perspective is Theresa (Jessica McNamee), a smart, independent cop with the Chicago PD who finds herself in love purgatory with her ex, Johnny. Together this foursome delve into hot issues such as bromances, friends with benefits and the danger of internet browser history. Guest stars appearing in the 10 episode first season include Emmy winners Jean Smart and Loretta Devine as well as Bill Nunn, Lenny Clarke, Nora Dunn and John Scurti. Stay with us for continued updates on Sirens and also their other upcoming new comedy Playing House, which does not have a premiere date just yet.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Girls - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Seven (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Eight (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Seasons Seven and Eight (Mill Creek)
01/13 - The Big House - The Complete Series
01/13 - Episodes - The Third Season
01/13 - The Facts of Life - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory
01/20 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 24
Henry Danger - "Spoiler Alert" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Henry and Ray have to deal with an especially annoying new villain, the Spoiler. Piper is pushed to her limits as she tries to join a popular Captain Man fan club.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "The Quad-Test" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Quads have a contest to see who can go the longest without their favorite possessions, but they all quickly learn that giving up their security item is not as easy as it looks.
Bella and the Bulldogs - "That's Some Gossip, Girl" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Just as Bella starts to feel like one of the guys, she finds herself the focus of suspicion when the boys suspect her of leaking team secrets to reporter Ace McFumbles who broadcasts them to the whole school.
The Thundermans - "Parents Just Don't Understand" (Nickelodeon, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Frustrated by the family's rules, Phoebe and Max use one his devices to make Hank and Barb act like teenagers. But the responsibility of now having to be the parents makes the teenagers regret their actions.
Monday, January 26
- Louis CK (Louie) - Watch Louis on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tony Danza (Taxi/Who's the Boss?) - Tony is a guest on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) - Alan visits The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Maya appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down), John Gemberling (Broad City/Marry Me) and Tymberlee Hill (Marry Me/The Hotwives of Orlando) - Ken, John and Tymberlee are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin chats on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Full House/How I Met Your Mother) - Bob is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits The Real, so check your local listings. She also guest-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The New Class) - Mario and his wife Courtney are guests on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York between 7-10am.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal - NeNe talks about the highlights of the SAG Awards on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.