Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Katie Couric will sit down with the cast of Murphy Brown in an exclusive television reunion for her nationally syndicated daytime talk show, Katie. Stars Candice Bergen, Faith Ford, Charles Kimbrough, Joe Regalbuto, and Grant Shaud, along with creator Diane English, will reunite to share behind-the-scenes stories for the iconic show's 25th Anniversary. They will discuss their favorite memories, ground-breaking episodes and the show's influence on popular culture. Their conversation airs on Thursday, December 12, 2013 (check local listings/ or www.katiecouric.com) on Katie. We listed it on our weekly sitcom stars on talk shows round-up, but this deserves a special shout-out! The Katie episode with the cast will tape Wednesday. Also on Wednesday, the entire cast will also reunite for "Murphy Brown: A 25th Anniversary Celebration," at The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) at 7:30pm in New York City. This will not be televised. Encore Classic, which recently added the series to its line-up, is sponsoring the event. Faith Ford and Candice Bergen are also doing individual appearances on talk shows in New York such as LIVE! With Kelly and Michael and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. The Murphy Brown cast last reunited in 2012 at the TV Land Awards when they were given the Impact Award.
We mentioned that USA Network will be getting into the original comedy business and they have picked-up two comedies. Now we have news on a premiere date for one of them! USA Network will premiere the new half-hour comedy series Sirens, from the distinct comedic point of view of Denis Leary and Bob Fisher, on Thursday, March 6 at 10|9c with two back-to-back episodes. Sirens follows the ridiculous antics of three Chicago EMTs. A group of unruly men when it comes to their personal lives, these guys are the best in the business professionally and can handle any life-threatening situation that winds up in their ambulance. Good looking and sports-loving Johnny (Michael Mosley) leads the crew, featuring his outspoken and refreshingly honest longtime best friend Hank (Kevin Daniels) and impressionable and eager new recruit Brian (Kevin Bigley). Offering a needed female perspective is Theresa (Jessica McNamee), a smart, independent cop with the Chicago PD who finds herself in love purgatory with her ex, Johnny. Together this foursome delve into hot issues such as bromances, friends with benefits and the danger of internet browser history. Guest stars appearing in the 10 episode first season include Emmy winners Jean Smart and Loretta Devine as well as Bill Nunn, Lenny Clarke, Nora Dunn and John Scurti. Stay with us for continued updates on Sirens and also their other upcoming new comedy Playing House, which does not have a premiere date just yet.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, August 27
Last Man Standing - "The Marriage Doctor" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Mike finds out future son-in-law Kyle fears meeting with the church’s new minister (guest star Bill Engvall), Mike tells Kyle to use him and Vanessa as a strong marriage example. But a recent argument ends up sending them to the minister instead. Meanwhile, Ryan helps Eve with her assignment to debate from the opposite side of her politically conservative beliefs.
Dr. Ken - "Korean Men's Club" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Ken, at the insistence of Allison, reluctantly joins a civics-minded community group – but it may not be what it seems. Randall Park (“Fresh Off the Boat”) guest stars as Gary Chon, the leader of the Korean Men’s Club group.
Saturday, August 27
- Kathy Garver (Family Affair) - Kathy reunites with her former co-star Johnny Whitaker on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Watch Tika on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She also talks about Southside with You on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Jerrod is a guest on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Walton Goggins (Vice Principals) - Walton appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identiy) - Jerry is a guest on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12:05am on BET or on your local stations.
- Chris D'Elia, Ron Funches, Rick Glassman and Brent Morin - The cast of Undateable are guests on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Sally Field (Gidget/The Flying Nun) - Sally whips up a delicious Pea Pesto & Potatoes with Mario Batali on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Valerie bakes up her Sicilian Love Cake for dessert on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Tyler Labine (Deadbeat/Animal Practice/Mad Love/Sons of Tucson) - Tyler talks about Zoom on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril explains the surprising origins of his catchphrase “Bam!” on People Now at 8:30am.