Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Katie Couric will sit down with the cast of Murphy Brown in an exclusive television reunion for her nationally syndicated daytime talk show, Katie. Stars Candice Bergen, Faith Ford, Charles Kimbrough, Joe Regalbuto, and Grant Shaud, along with creator Diane English, will reunite to share behind-the-scenes stories for the iconic show's 25th Anniversary. They will discuss their favorite memories, ground-breaking episodes and the show's influence on popular culture. Their conversation airs on Thursday, December 12, 2013 (check local listings/ or www.katiecouric.com) on Katie. We listed it on our weekly sitcom stars on talk shows round-up, but this deserves a special shout-out! The Katie episode with the cast will tape Wednesday. Also on Wednesday, the entire cast will also reunite for "Murphy Brown: A 25th Anniversary Celebration," at The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) at 7:30pm in New York City. This will not be televised. Encore Classic, which recently added the series to its line-up, is sponsoring the event. Faith Ford and Candice Bergen are also doing individual appearances on talk shows in New York such as LIVE! With Kelly and Michael and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. The Murphy Brown cast last reunited in 2012 at the TV Land Awards when they were given the Impact Award.
We mentioned that USA Network will be getting into the original comedy business and they have picked-up two comedies. Now we have news on a premiere date for one of them! USA Network will premiere the new half-hour comedy series Sirens, from the distinct comedic point of view of Denis Leary and Bob Fisher, on Thursday, March 6 at 10|9c with two back-to-back episodes. Sirens follows the ridiculous antics of three Chicago EMTs. A group of unruly men when it comes to their personal lives, these guys are the best in the business professionally and can handle any life-threatening situation that winds up in their ambulance. Good looking and sports-loving Johnny (Michael Mosley) leads the crew, featuring his outspoken and refreshingly honest longtime best friend Hank (Kevin Daniels) and impressionable and eager new recruit Brian (Kevin Bigley). Offering a needed female perspective is Theresa (Jessica McNamee), a smart, independent cop with the Chicago PD who finds herself in love purgatory with her ex, Johnny. Together this foursome delve into hot issues such as bromances, friends with benefits and the danger of internet browser history. Guest stars appearing in the 10 episode first season include Emmy winners Jean Smart and Loretta Devine as well as Bill Nunn, Lenny Clarke, Nora Dunn and John Scurti. Stay with us for continued updates on Sirens and also their other upcoming new comedy Playing House, which does not have a premiere date just yet.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/26 - Family Mattters - The Complete Seventh Season
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, July 30
Last Man Standing - "Tanks for the Memories" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mike is anxious to buy the miniature tank collection once belonging to the late husband of his neighbor, Helen Potts (Patricia Richardson). But when he discovers Helen already sold the collection, he goes to extremes to make the collection his own. Meanwhile, Kristin and Ed are concerned when a mysterious “Bubba X” posts a scathing review about their dining experience at the Outdoor Man Restaurant.
Dr. Ken - "Kevin O'Connell" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Ken is taken aback when he meets Allison’s former boyfriend Kevin O’Connell (guest star Will Yun Lee, “The Wolverine”), now a very hot and successful doctor. So when Ken is asked to speak at a banquet honoring Kevin, he uses the opportunity more as a roast. Meanwhile, Molly struggles with a school assignment asking for what she wants to be when she grows up.
The Thundermans - "Robin Hood: Prince of Heebs" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Chloe announces that Max is her favorite sibling, Phoebe tries to show her the "real" Max by telling a Robin Hood-style bedtime story about the great Phoebe Hood and the evil Maxingham.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "New Kid on the Block"
(Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Quads try to make friends with their new neighbor in order to get access to the coolest treehouse ever, but soon find out she is not what she seems.
Legendary Dudas - "King Sam; Karate Kids" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Sam impresses his new classmates with an epic birthday party, but his extravagance leads to a bill he can't pay. Hoping to earn a spot on a television talent show, Tyler convinces Carter to revive their old martial arts act.
Monday, August 1
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch Simon on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Florence Foster Jenkins on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Shiri Appleby (Sunday Dinner) Constance Zimmer (Entourage/Good Morning, Miami) - Shiri and Constance are guests on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. They also talk about UnREAL on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Constance will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Thomas Middleditch, Kumail Nanjiani and Zach Woods (Silicon Valley) - Thomas, Kumail and Zach are guests on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jack Black (The Brink) - Jack appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will and the cast of Suicide Squad are guests on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Jessie T. Usher (Survivor's Remorse) - Jessie shares his One Last Thing on People Now at 8:30am.
- Anna Gunn (Down the Shore) - Anna is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Cameron Esposito and Rhea Butcher (Take My Wife) - Cameron and Rhea discuss their new Seeso original comedy series Take My Wife on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- John Corbett (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/United States of Tara/Sex and the City) - John discusses his role of Flash, the much-acclaimed former lead guitarist of The Heathens, the band he formed with Johnny (Denis Leary) in the FX hit comedy Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.