Thursday, November 21, 2013
ABC Family is altering its sitcom line-up this December. Weekdays beginning Monday, December 2, will see some time changes and Grounded for Life being removed from the line-up again. That '70s Show will expand from 7-9am on weekday mornings, cutting out Grounded for Life in that 7am hour. At 9am, Still Standing returns to the line-up and will air weekday mornings at 9am replacing an airing of That '70s Show. Then the line-up remains the same from 9:30am-11am with The 700 Club programming and Gilmore Girls at 11am. Then its back to sitcoms with 8 Simple Rules and Reba switching hours, with Rules going to the 12pm hour and Reba moving to the 1pm hour. But that's not all for Reba! It will air in the 2pm hour as well, shifting the two-hour Boy Meets World block to 3-5pm instead of 2-4pm. In essence, the Reba hours are now consecutively airings (1-3pm) instead of broken up like it is now from 12-1pm and 4-5pm. And finally, new addition The Middle will remain from 5-7pm (well 5-6pm until 25 Days of Christmas event is over). One other note, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, which airs weeknights from 12-1am, will return to the weeknight line-up on Dec. 30 after the 25 Days of Christmas event is over. Keep it right here for continued updates on all things ABC Family!
Leah Remini (The King of Queens) has been cast for a multi-episode arc in TV Land's original sitcom, The Exes. Remini, who was most recently a semi-finalist on ABC's Dancing With The Stars, will play Stuart's (David Alan Basche) sister Nicki – a tough-talking, no-nonsense, stylish and sexy woman from Staten Island whose 17-year marriage ends when she finds out her policeman husband had an affair. On this season of The Exes, Nicki retreats to Manhattan to seek the comfort of her brother, only to find out he's sharing an apartment with two guys, Phil (Donald Faison) and Haskell (Wayne Knight), and living next door to his divorce attorney Holly (Kristen Johnston). Unable and unwilling to keep her opinions to herself, she turns all their lives upside down as she tries to put her life back together and make a new future for herself in Manhattan. The Exes, which returns with new episodes on Wednesday, December 11 at 10:30pm ET/PT, revolves around the unlikely trio of Phil, Haskell and Stuart, three roommates and divorcés who have finally found bromance after initially being forced to live together by their divorce attorney and landlord, Holly. Last we left the gang in the summer finale, Phil and Eden (Kelly Stables) realized that they were more interested in dating than remaining "friends with benefits," while the rest of the gang was surprised to find out that anything was going on between them at all. This past summer, The Exes had its highest-rated season ever among Adults 25-54, while also seeing a +21% increase among total viewers versus the prior season (Source: Nielsen, L+7, 6/19/13 - 8/28/13). Stay with us for continued updates on when Leah's episodes will air.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.