Thursday, November 21, 2013
ABC Family is altering its sitcom line-up this December. Weekdays beginning Monday, December 2, will see some time changes and Grounded for Life being removed from the line-up again. That '70s Show will expand from 7-9am on weekday mornings, cutting out Grounded for Life in that 7am hour. At 9am, Still Standing returns to the line-up and will air weekday mornings at 9am replacing an airing of That '70s Show. Then the line-up remains the same from 9:30am-11am with The 700 Club programming and Gilmore Girls at 11am. Then its back to sitcoms with 8 Simple Rules and Reba switching hours, with Rules going to the 12pm hour and Reba moving to the 1pm hour. But that's not all for Reba! It will air in the 2pm hour as well, shifting the two-hour Boy Meets World block to 3-5pm instead of 2-4pm. In essence, the Reba hours are now consecutively airings (1-3pm) instead of broken up like it is now from 12-1pm and 4-5pm. And finally, new addition The Middle will remain from 5-7pm (well 5-6pm until 25 Days of Christmas event is over). One other note, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, which airs weeknights from 12-1am, will return to the weeknight line-up on Dec. 30 after the 25 Days of Christmas event is over. Keep it right here for continued updates on all things ABC Family!
Leah Remini (The King of Queens) has been cast for a multi-episode arc in TV Land's original sitcom, The Exes. Remini, who was most recently a semi-finalist on ABC's Dancing With The Stars, will play Stuart's (David Alan Basche) sister Nicki – a tough-talking, no-nonsense, stylish and sexy woman from Staten Island whose 17-year marriage ends when she finds out her policeman husband had an affair. On this season of The Exes, Nicki retreats to Manhattan to seek the comfort of her brother, only to find out he's sharing an apartment with two guys, Phil (Donald Faison) and Haskell (Wayne Knight), and living next door to his divorce attorney Holly (Kristen Johnston). Unable and unwilling to keep her opinions to herself, she turns all their lives upside down as she tries to put her life back together and make a new future for herself in Manhattan. The Exes, which returns with new episodes on Wednesday, December 11 at 10:30pm ET/PT, revolves around the unlikely trio of Phil, Haskell and Stuart, three roommates and divorcés who have finally found bromance after initially being forced to live together by their divorce attorney and landlord, Holly. Last we left the gang in the summer finale, Phil and Eden (Kelly Stables) realized that they were more interested in dating than remaining "friends with benefits," while the rest of the gang was surprised to find out that anything was going on between them at all. This past summer, The Exes had its highest-rated season ever among Adults 25-54, while also seeing a +21% increase among total viewers versus the prior season (Source: Nielsen, L+7, 6/19/13 - 8/28/13). Stay with us for continued updates on when Leah's episodes will air.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, December 5
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin's Bringing Supper Back" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin’s resolve to spend more quality time with his family is put to the ultimate test when his buddies surprise him with concert tickets to his favorite musician, fellow Long Islander Billy Joel. Multiple Grammy Award-winning pianist, singer and songwriter Billy Joel appears as himself.
Man with a Plan - "Holey War" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the kids won’t admit who put a hole in the wall, Adam and Andi team up to get the culprit to confess.
2 Broke Girls - "And the About FaceTime" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Randy and Max get tired of Caroline being the third wheel on their FaceTime dates, Randy sets her up with one of his co-workers. Also, Oleg is distraught when Sophie tells him to trade in his beloved car for a minivan.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Celebration Experimentation" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After more than nine years together, the gang finally celebrates Sheldon’s birthday, surprising him with a special guest. Christine Baranski, John Ross Bowie, Sara Gilbert and Wil Wheaton return, joined by special guest star Adam West.
American Dad - "Bahama Mama" (TBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Stan gets upset at the idea of becoming a grandfather after Hayley and Jeff announced they're trying to have a baby; Steve and Klaus join a drug gang.
People of Earth - "Last Day on Earth" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Gerry says goodbye to StarCrossed as he readies for his own long-awaited experience; Jonathan Walsh shares game changing information with Ozzie; Don and Kelly go on a date.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emmanuelle drops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.