Thursday, October 17, 2013
As promised, we have the 2013 ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas schedule for you. A few days ago we gave you the Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas schedule (Nov. 20-30), but we're already in the holiday spirit and want to give you the 25 days line-up, too! From December 1-25, viewers can ring in the holidays with original movies, holiday specials and returning favorites. This year, "25 Days of Christmas" will feature the world premiere of the ABC Family original movie, Holidaze, starring Jennie Garth (Beverly Hills, 90210; What I Like About You) and Cameron Mathison (Dancing with the Stars, All My Children). Premiering Sunday, December 8 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), Holidaze follows Mel (Garth), a high-powered executive who is sent back to her hometown to convince its residents to allow her company to build a new discount store. The townspeople - led by Mel's former fiancé Carter (Mathison) - are vehemently opposed to it. Desperate to get out of town and back to her "real" life, Mel takes a spill and wakes up in an alternate universe where she never left home and is married to Carter. Once determined to leave her small town life behind, Melody must make sense of her new life and decide if you truly can go home again. The celebrations continue with the holiday-themed episode premieres of ABC Family's hit comedies, Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy, airing Wednesday, December 11 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT). The two sitcoms will return with more episodes in 2014, but you can watch all-new Christmas episodes first! Making their ABC Family debuts this month are Deck the Halls on Wednesday, December 4 (10:00 PM-12:00 AM ET/PT), Winnie the Pooh on Saturday, December 14 (8:00-9:30 AM ET/PT) and Disney's The Little Mermaid on Saturday, December 14 (8:00-9:45 PM ET/PT; Encore Presentation 9:45-11:30 PM ET/PT). A new generation of viewers can enjoy the Rankin Bass holiday classics, such as Rudolph's Shiny New Year Thursday, December 5 (6:00-7:00 PM ET/PT), Frosty's Winter Wonderland Friday, December 6 (6:00-6:30 PM ET/PT) and The Year Without a Santa Claus Tuesday, December 10 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). Other returning favorites include the movie Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas, starting Sunday, December 1 (7:00-9:30 PM ET/PT); The Santa Clause films, starting Monday, December 2 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT); Scrooged, starting Tuesday, December 3 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT); National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, starting Tuesday, December 3 (10:00 PM-12:00 AM ET/PT); The Polar Express Thursday, starting December 5 (7:00-9:00 PM ET/PT); and The Muppet Christmas Carol, starting Thursday, December 5 (9:00-11:00 PM ET/PT). Some other notables include: Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too, Mickey's Christmas Carol, A Chipmunk Christmas, Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town, A Very Brady Christmas, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Prep & Landing, Prep & Landing: Naughty vs. Nice, Toy Story films, Toy Story of Terror, and past ABC Family original movie favorites like Christmas Cupid, Snow Globe, Santa Baby, 12 Dates of Christmas, The Mistle-Tones, and Holiday in Handcuffs. Read the full line-up so you don't miss ANY of your faves!
In celebration of the upcoming 25th anniversary of the celebrated sitcom Roseanne, which originally launched on October 18, 1988, WE tv will air a "Best Of" marathon featuring fan favorite episodes from all nine seasons of the iconic franchise, on that very day of October 18 (tomorrow) from 10am ET until 5pm ET. Roseanne has also amped up its presence at WEtv.com, including new photo galleries, fan favorite video clips, quizzes and polls, as well as a homepage "spotlight," and WE tv's favorite Halloween moments where fans can comment and vote on their favorite Roseanne moments from the series' history. WE tv's social media team will also be celebrating the anniversary on Twitter and Facebook, with new sharable Roseanne content. The episodes that will air during the "Best Of" marathon on October 18 are: Toto, We're Not in Kansas Anymore (1988), Let's Call It Quits (1988), Inherit the Wind (1989), Boo! (1989), An Officer and a Gentleman (1989), Like, a Virgin (1990), Trick or Treat (1990), Do You Know Where Your Parents Are? (1990), Scenes from a Barbecue (1990), Darlene Fades to Black (1991), Crime and Punishment (1992), War and Peace (1992), Wait Till Your Father Gets Home (1992) and It's a Boy (1992). Roseanne will continue to air weekdays from 10am to 1pm and Sundays from 10am to 4pm ET.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 10
Saturday, December 10
- Dennis Haskins (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The New Class) - Dennis will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Watch Jennifer Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also chats about the film Why Him? on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. She joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Matthew stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will talks about Collateral Beauty on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice/Arrested Development) - Henry will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Megan Mullally (Will & Grace) - Megan is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.