Thursday, October 17, 2013
As promised, we have the 2013 ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas schedule for you. A few days ago we gave you the Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas schedule (Nov. 20-30), but we're already in the holiday spirit and want to give you the 25 days line-up, too! From December 1-25, viewers can ring in the holidays with original movies, holiday specials and returning favorites. This year, "25 Days of Christmas" will feature the world premiere of the ABC Family original movie, Holidaze, starring Jennie Garth (Beverly Hills, 90210; What I Like About You) and Cameron Mathison (Dancing with the Stars, All My Children). Premiering Sunday, December 8 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), Holidaze follows Mel (Garth), a high-powered executive who is sent back to her hometown to convince its residents to allow her company to build a new discount store. The townspeople - led by Mel's former fiancé Carter (Mathison) - are vehemently opposed to it. Desperate to get out of town and back to her "real" life, Mel takes a spill and wakes up in an alternate universe where she never left home and is married to Carter. Once determined to leave her small town life behind, Melody must make sense of her new life and decide if you truly can go home again. The celebrations continue with the holiday-themed episode premieres of ABC Family's hit comedies, Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy, airing Wednesday, December 11 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT). The two sitcoms will return with more episodes in 2014, but you can watch all-new Christmas episodes first! Making their ABC Family debuts this month are Deck the Halls on Wednesday, December 4 (10:00 PM-12:00 AM ET/PT), Winnie the Pooh on Saturday, December 14 (8:00-9:30 AM ET/PT) and Disney's The Little Mermaid on Saturday, December 14 (8:00-9:45 PM ET/PT; Encore Presentation 9:45-11:30 PM ET/PT). A new generation of viewers can enjoy the Rankin Bass holiday classics, such as Rudolph's Shiny New Year Thursday, December 5 (6:00-7:00 PM ET/PT), Frosty's Winter Wonderland Friday, December 6 (6:00-6:30 PM ET/PT) and The Year Without a Santa Claus Tuesday, December 10 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). Other returning favorites include the movie Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas, starting Sunday, December 1 (7:00-9:30 PM ET/PT); The Santa Clause films, starting Monday, December 2 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT); Scrooged, starting Tuesday, December 3 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT); National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, starting Tuesday, December 3 (10:00 PM-12:00 AM ET/PT); The Polar Express Thursday, starting December 5 (7:00-9:00 PM ET/PT); and The Muppet Christmas Carol, starting Thursday, December 5 (9:00-11:00 PM ET/PT). Some other notables include: Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too, Mickey's Christmas Carol, A Chipmunk Christmas, Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town, A Very Brady Christmas, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Prep & Landing, Prep & Landing: Naughty vs. Nice, Toy Story films, Toy Story of Terror, and past ABC Family original movie favorites like Christmas Cupid, Snow Globe, Santa Baby, 12 Dates of Christmas, The Mistle-Tones, and Holiday in Handcuffs. Read the full line-up so you don't miss ANY of your faves!
In celebration of the upcoming 25th anniversary of the celebrated sitcom Roseanne, which originally launched on October 18, 1988, WE tv will air a "Best Of" marathon featuring fan favorite episodes from all nine seasons of the iconic franchise, on that very day of October 18 (tomorrow) from 10am ET until 5pm ET. Roseanne has also amped up its presence at WEtv.com, including new photo galleries, fan favorite video clips, quizzes and polls, as well as a homepage "spotlight," and WE tv's favorite Halloween moments where fans can comment and vote on their favorite Roseanne moments from the series' history. WE tv's social media team will also be celebrating the anniversary on Twitter and Facebook, with new sharable Roseanne content. The episodes that will air during the "Best Of" marathon on October 18 are: Toto, We're Not in Kansas Anymore (1988), Let's Call It Quits (1988), Inherit the Wind (1989), Boo! (1989), An Officer and a Gentleman (1989), Like, a Virgin (1990), Trick or Treat (1990), Do You Know Where Your Parents Are? (1990), Scenes from a Barbecue (1990), Darlene Fades to Black (1991), Crime and Punishment (1992), War and Peace (1992), Wait Till Your Father Gets Home (1992) and It's a Boy (1992). Roseanne will continue to air weekdays from 10am to 1pm and Sundays from 10am to 4pm ET.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, March 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Brain Bowl Incubation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a successful experiment combining their genes, Sheldon will stop at nothing to convince Amy they should procreate. Also, Koothrappali is embarrassed to tell the gang what the new woman he’s dating does for a living.
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin's Bringing Supper Back" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin’s resolve to spend more quality time with his family is put to the ultimate test when his buddies surprise him with concert tickets to his favorite musician, fellow Long Islander Billy Joel. Multiple Grammy Award-winning pianist, singer and songwriter Billy Joel appears as himself.
Superior Donuts - "Get It, Arthur" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Randy’s mom comes to town, Franco encourages Arthur to go out on his first date in years. Brenda Vaccaro guest stars as Helen, Randy’s mom.
The Great Indoors - "Aaron Wolf" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Jack watches the millennials’ journalistic integrity slip away when they fall under the spell of his nemesis, Aaron Wolf (Chris D’Elia), a former magazine staffer turned famous outdoor reality TV host who returns to guest edit the magazine.
Monday, March 27
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.