Thursday, September 12, 2013
Viacom-owned MTV2 has quietly added Family Matters to its line-up as of last week. The sitcom is still airing on BET, which is also owned by Viacom. Family Matters is airing most weeknights from 2-4am in the late night, while BET is airing the series in the mornings/early afternoons. The hit '90s sitcom will join other '90s favorites such as Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Saved by the Bell, Boy Meets World, Martin, The Wayans Bros., In Living Color and Smart Guy. Most of these air regularly on weekdays, such as Sabrina weekdays from 9am-12pm and Saved by the Bell from 12-2pm. Martin airs in the late night from 12-2am, while In Living Color, The Wayans Bros. and Smart Guy are on weekends mainly. The network also airs The PJ's from time to time, while Living Single has been removed.
The series of course is about The Winslows, a middle-class suburban Chicago black family may seem like a normal family but with the additions of a sister, her son, Carl's mother and one nerdy neighbor there is never a dull moment in this household. Stay with us for continued updates and to see if MTV2 will be adding anything else later this fall?
Here's the "scoop." CBS is teaming up with Yogurtland on a sweet three-tier fall promotion for the network's eight comedy series that will kick off tomorrow. From Friday, Sept. 13 through Monday, Sept. 30, select Yogurtland locations in several major cities will offer CBS comedy series-inspired frozen yogurt flavors and store-wide branding, marking Yogurtland's first in-store takeover by a television network. On Premiere Monday (Sept. 23) the same participating Yogurtland shops will provide free frozen yogurt from Noon to 6:00 PM. All Yogurtland shops throughout the country will accept CBS comedy-branded coupons for a free first five ounces of frozen yogurt on Monday, Sept. 23. Coupons can be accessed/printed via CBS' comedy series' Facebook pages and Yogurtland's official Facebook page. This fall will be more appetizing than ever for CBS comedy fans. With CBS's largest number of comedies since its 1997-1998 schedule, its Comedy's Best Season. The returning hits The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, 2 Broke Girls, and Two and a Half Men will be joined by the highly anticipated new comedies The Crazy Ones, The Millers, Mom, and We Are Men.
The flavors include: We Are Man-go for We Are Men; Chocolate Miller Shake for The Millers; Mom's Hot Cocoa Meltdown for Mom; Cookies & Crazy Ones for The Crazy Ones; Penny's Cheesecake, Howard's Strawberry Space Adventure, Sheldon's Bazinga Blueberry for The Big Bang Theory; Plain with Robin Sparkles, How I Met Your Mocha, Barney’s Legend-Berry Tart for How I Met Your Mother; Two and a Half Pistachios for Two and a Half Men; and 2 Broke Graham Crackers, Max and Caroline's Cupcake Batte for 2 Broke Girls. You can find these flavors at these locations:
358 Seventh Avenue at 29th Street, New York, NY 10001
310 South La Brea, Los Angeles, CA 90036
and 8495 W. 3rd Street, Los Angeles, CA 90048
1 W Division Street at State Street, Chicago, IL 60610
57 John F Kennedy St., Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA 02138
2806 University Dr., Coral Springs, FL 33065
7700 W Northwest Hwy., Dallas, TX, 75225
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, January 22
Son of Zorn - "Radioactive Ex-Girlfriend" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
With Craig and Edie’s engagement party around the corner, everyone is figuring out who to bring. Alan struggles to figure out his relationship status with Layla, while Zorn rekindles with his ex, Radiana (Olivia Wilde), who is literally radioactive. All the while, Craig has just received his certificate in relationship counseling and is helping others, but just can’t seem to help himself.
Bob's Burgers - "See Me Now" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Teddy organizes a day trip on his newly refurbished boat in an effort to impress his ex-wife, Denise. Meanwhile, Tina attempts to show that she is responsible enough for a cell phone by taking care of Bob’s prized eraser from the restaurant. Can both Teddy and Tina prove themselves.
The Simpsons - "Friends and Family" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mr. Burns hires the Simpsons to play his live-in virtual reality family, but excludes Homer so that he may play dad. Now alone, Homer finds a new best friend in girl-next-door Julia, who eats, drinks and thinks like him.
Son of Zorn - "The Battle of Self-Acceptance" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Craig is worried he’s not man enough for Edie and asks Zorn to help him become a warrior. Meanwhile, to get closer to Layla, Alan finds a way to change the thing about which he’s most insecure, but ends up going to extreme.
Family Guy - "Peternormal Activity" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The guys go to an abandoned asylum seeking inspiration for a new horror movie idea, but end up accidentally killing a man they think is keeping them hostage. Wracked with guilt, they each try to pin the murder on someone else. Meanwhile, Stewie is on a mission to destroy Brian’s glasses because he’s annoyed by how pretentious Brian’s been acting when he wears them.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-A-Witch" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.