Monday, August 19, 2013
The Hub this September won't be making many changes and the sitcoms and TV series airing will continue to air. Monday-Thursday from 10pm-12am will remain classic sitcoms (with an encore from 2-4am). Every Monday in September will be Happy Days, while every Tuesday in September in this block will be its spin-off Laverne & Shirley. Another Happy Days spin-off will air in the block on Wednesday, this time the Robin Williams sitcom Mork & Mindy. And on Thursdays, it's everyone's favorite alien from Melmac - ALF! On Fridays, Sept. 6 and Sept. 13, Family Game Night will air at 10pm leading into two episodes of the '90s drama Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. At 1am another '90s drama will air, as Hercules: The Legendary Journey airs. After game show Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader airs from 2-3am, it's time for some sitcoms from 3-5am, with an hour of Happy Days, followed by an episode each of its spin-offs Laverne & Shirley and Mork & Mindy. And the day closes with Honey, I Shrunk The Kids: The TV Show at 5am. Starting Sept. 20, there will be some changes to the Friday schedule. 10pm will still be Family Game Night airings, but this time the 11pm-1am block will be Hercules: The Legendary Journey instead. Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman moves to 1am & 2am, as Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader is off the line-up. The sitcom block from 3-5am will remain as is (an hour of Happy Days, followed by an episode each of its spin-offs Laverne & Shirley and Mork & Mindy), but at 5am we have the return of Sliders to the schedule. On Saturdays after a movie at 10, R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series and Goosebumps airs in the 12am hour. Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman follows at 1am & 2am, leading into Hercules: The Legendary Journey at 3am. An episode each of sitcoms Laverne & Shirley and Mork & Mindy air in the 4am hour, while the 5am hour will be original series encores of Scrabble Showdown and Pictureka! On Sundays, it's sitcom night with back-to-back episodes of sitcoms from 10pm-1am, with an hour each of ALF, Happy Days, and Laverne & Shirley, followed by an immediate encore of all three hours from 1am-4am. Animated series will air from 4-6am (G.I. Joe Renegades, Dennis and Gnasher, Cosmic Quantum Ray and In the Night Garden). Back to weeknights, from 8-10pm leading into the sitcom blocks will be movies. The week of Sept. 2 will be "The Totally Hubular 80's Movie Week" with The Hub premieres of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Big Top Pee-Wee and Troop Beverly Hills. Thursday will have an encore of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, while Friday has a second play of Big Top Pee-Wee. The week concludes on Saturday with an encore of Troop Beverly Hills at 8 into Muppets From Space at 10 (which encores the next night at 8pm). That's all for The Hub in September. There are no signs of Who's the Boss?, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Family Ties, Doogie Howser M.D. or Facts of Life returning. Besides the Friday night change beginning Sept. 20, there are not many changes to the schedule in primetime and late night (where they air TV series/sitcoms). We will let you know should anything change in October and if there will be any new acquisitions. Personally, we're waiting for them to acquire Step by Step, Perfect Strangers and Family Matters already. That's just our preference. Stay with us for continued updates!
Holy narration, Batman! ReelzChannel has announced the premiere of its new original reality series FanAddicts! on Wednesday, August 28, 2013, which goes inside the world's most incredible movie memorabilia collections and introduces viewers to the unforgettable fans who will stop at nothing to obtain a new item. Despite their homes, storage lockers and garages overflowing, these fans persist in a never-ending quest for more rare collectibles from their favorite movies. Classic Batman Adam West is the voice of the series taking viewers inside the lives of these obsessed aficionados. The FanAddicts! premiere features two back-to-back episodes starting at 10pm ET/PT with FanAddicts!: Harry Potter followed by FanAddicts!: Superman at 10:30pm ET/PT. Reelz is excited to have classic Batman Adam West as the voice of the series given he is the ultimate kitsch superhero and makes for a perfect pairing with beguiling, guilty pleasure TV. Let's hope an episode focuses on Batman as well! Our old chum Adam West is 84 (and will be 85 next month) and still very much active. His voice was on an episode of Futurama earlier this month as Adam West, with the Boy Wonder, Burt Ward also guest voicing. Adam also continues to voice on Family Guy as Mayor Adam West.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, October 20
Superstore - "Dog Adoption Day" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After new parents Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) and Bo (recurring guest star Johnny Pemberton) get into a fight, Amy (America Ferrera) and Glenn (Mark McKinney) take vastly different approaches in giving them advice. Meanwhile, Mateo (Nico Santos) and Jonah (Ben Feldman) get assigned to handle dog adoptions in the store and work feverishly to get all of the dogs adopted once they find out what will happen to the dogs if they don't. Dina (Lauren Ash) refuses to adjust Garrett's (Colton Dunn) timecard based on "store rules," leaving Garrett happy to taunt Dina in revenge.
The Good Place - "The Eternal Shriek" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) and Chidi (William Jackson Harper) set off on a quest with Janet (D'Arcy Carden) as their guide. Meanwhile, Tahani (Jameela Jamil) attempts to show Michael (Ted Danson) how much he is appreciated.
Better Things - "Duke's Chorus" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam and the family go-to-meeting.
Thursday, October 20
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Catch Elijah on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Mulaney (Mulaney) - John is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show/Family Guy) - Mila appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt chats about Man with a Plan on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Derek Theler (Baby Daddy) - Derek appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Patrice Lovely (Love Thy Neighbor) - Patrice visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach and the cast of Keeping Up with the Joneses will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Victoria Justice (Victorious/Zoey 101) - Victoria talks about The Rocky Horror Picture Show on People Now at 8:30am.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Netflix's Good Girls Revolt on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie is a guest on Harry on Netflix.