Monday, August 19, 2013
The Hub this September won't be making many changes and the sitcoms and TV series airing will continue to air. Monday-Thursday from 10pm-12am will remain classic sitcoms (with an encore from 2-4am). Every Monday in September will be Happy Days, while every Tuesday in September in this block will be its spin-off Laverne & Shirley. Another Happy Days spin-off will air in the block on Wednesday, this time the Robin Williams sitcom Mork & Mindy. And on Thursdays, it's everyone's favorite alien from Melmac - ALF! On Fridays, Sept. 6 and Sept. 13, Family Game Night will air at 10pm leading into two episodes of the '90s drama Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. At 1am another '90s drama will air, as Hercules: The Legendary Journey airs. After game show Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader airs from 2-3am, it's time for some sitcoms from 3-5am, with an hour of Happy Days, followed by an episode each of its spin-offs Laverne & Shirley and Mork & Mindy. And the day closes with Honey, I Shrunk The Kids: The TV Show at 5am. Starting Sept. 20, there will be some changes to the Friday schedule. 10pm will still be Family Game Night airings, but this time the 11pm-1am block will be Hercules: The Legendary Journey instead. Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman moves to 1am & 2am, as Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader is off the line-up. The sitcom block from 3-5am will remain as is (an hour of Happy Days, followed by an episode each of its spin-offs Laverne & Shirley and Mork & Mindy), but at 5am we have the return of Sliders to the schedule. On Saturdays after a movie at 10, R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series and Goosebumps airs in the 12am hour. Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman follows at 1am & 2am, leading into Hercules: The Legendary Journey at 3am. An episode each of sitcoms Laverne & Shirley and Mork & Mindy air in the 4am hour, while the 5am hour will be original series encores of Scrabble Showdown and Pictureka! On Sundays, it's sitcom night with back-to-back episodes of sitcoms from 10pm-1am, with an hour each of ALF, Happy Days, and Laverne & Shirley, followed by an immediate encore of all three hours from 1am-4am. Animated series will air from 4-6am (G.I. Joe Renegades, Dennis and Gnasher, Cosmic Quantum Ray and In the Night Garden). Back to weeknights, from 8-10pm leading into the sitcom blocks will be movies. The week of Sept. 2 will be "The Totally Hubular 80's Movie Week" with The Hub premieres of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Big Top Pee-Wee and Troop Beverly Hills. Thursday will have an encore of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, while Friday has a second play of Big Top Pee-Wee. The week concludes on Saturday with an encore of Troop Beverly Hills at 8 into Muppets From Space at 10 (which encores the next night at 8pm). That's all for The Hub in September. There are no signs of Who's the Boss?, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Family Ties, Doogie Howser M.D. or Facts of Life returning. Besides the Friday night change beginning Sept. 20, there are not many changes to the schedule in primetime and late night (where they air TV series/sitcoms). We will let you know should anything change in October and if there will be any new acquisitions. Personally, we're waiting for them to acquire Step by Step, Perfect Strangers and Family Matters already. That's just our preference. Stay with us for continued updates!
Holy narration, Batman! ReelzChannel has announced the premiere of its new original reality series FanAddicts! on Wednesday, August 28, 2013, which goes inside the world's most incredible movie memorabilia collections and introduces viewers to the unforgettable fans who will stop at nothing to obtain a new item. Despite their homes, storage lockers and garages overflowing, these fans persist in a never-ending quest for more rare collectibles from their favorite movies. Classic Batman Adam West is the voice of the series taking viewers inside the lives of these obsessed aficionados. The FanAddicts! premiere features two back-to-back episodes starting at 10pm ET/PT with FanAddicts!: Harry Potter followed by FanAddicts!: Superman at 10:30pm ET/PT. Reelz is excited to have classic Batman Adam West as the voice of the series given he is the ultimate kitsch superhero and makes for a perfect pairing with beguiling, guilty pleasure TV. Let's hope an episode focuses on Batman as well! Our old chum Adam West is 84 (and will be 85 next month) and still very much active. His voice was on an episode of Futurama earlier this month as Adam West, with the Boy Wonder, Burt Ward also guest voicing. Adam also continues to voice on Family Guy as Mayor Adam West.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, December 5
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin's Bringing Supper Back" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin’s resolve to spend more quality time with his family is put to the ultimate test when his buddies surprise him with concert tickets to his favorite musician, fellow Long Islander Billy Joel. Multiple Grammy Award-winning pianist, singer and songwriter Billy Joel appears as himself.
Man with a Plan - "Holey War" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the kids won’t admit who put a hole in the wall, Adam and Andi team up to get the culprit to confess.
2 Broke Girls - "And the About FaceTime" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Randy and Max get tired of Caroline being the third wheel on their FaceTime dates, Randy sets her up with one of his co-workers. Also, Oleg is distraught when Sophie tells him to trade in his beloved car for a minivan.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Celebration Experimentation" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After more than nine years together, the gang finally celebrates Sheldon’s birthday, surprising him with a special guest. Christine Baranski, John Ross Bowie, Sara Gilbert and Wil Wheaton return, joined by special guest star Adam West.
American Dad - "Bahama Mama" (TBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Stan gets upset at the idea of becoming a grandfather after Hayley and Jeff announced they're trying to have a baby; Steve and Klaus join a drug gang.
People of Earth - "Last Day on Earth" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Gerry says goodbye to StarCrossed as he readies for his own long-awaited experience; Jonathan Walsh shares game changing information with Ozzie; Don and Kelly go on a date.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emmanuelle drops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.