Monday, August 19, 2013
The Hub this September won't be making many changes and the sitcoms and TV series airing will continue to air. Monday-Thursday from 10pm-12am will remain classic sitcoms (with an encore from 2-4am). Every Monday in September will be Happy Days, while every Tuesday in September in this block will be its spin-off Laverne & Shirley. Another Happy Days spin-off will air in the block on Wednesday, this time the Robin Williams sitcom Mork & Mindy. And on Thursdays, it's everyone's favorite alien from Melmac - ALF! On Fridays, Sept. 6 and Sept. 13, Family Game Night will air at 10pm leading into two episodes of the '90s drama Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. At 1am another '90s drama will air, as Hercules: The Legendary Journey airs. After game show Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader airs from 2-3am, it's time for some sitcoms from 3-5am, with an hour of Happy Days, followed by an episode each of its spin-offs Laverne & Shirley and Mork & Mindy. And the day closes with Honey, I Shrunk The Kids: The TV Show at 5am. Starting Sept. 20, there will be some changes to the Friday schedule. 10pm will still be Family Game Night airings, but this time the 11pm-1am block will be Hercules: The Legendary Journey instead. Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman moves to 1am & 2am, as Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader is off the line-up. The sitcom block from 3-5am will remain as is (an hour of Happy Days, followed by an episode each of its spin-offs Laverne & Shirley and Mork & Mindy), but at 5am we have the return of Sliders to the schedule. On Saturdays after a movie at 10, R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series and Goosebumps airs in the 12am hour. Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman follows at 1am & 2am, leading into Hercules: The Legendary Journey at 3am. An episode each of sitcoms Laverne & Shirley and Mork & Mindy air in the 4am hour, while the 5am hour will be original series encores of Scrabble Showdown and Pictureka! On Sundays, it's sitcom night with back-to-back episodes of sitcoms from 10pm-1am, with an hour each of ALF, Happy Days, and Laverne & Shirley, followed by an immediate encore of all three hours from 1am-4am. Animated series will air from 4-6am (G.I. Joe Renegades, Dennis and Gnasher, Cosmic Quantum Ray and In the Night Garden). Back to weeknights, from 8-10pm leading into the sitcom blocks will be movies. The week of Sept. 2 will be "The Totally Hubular 80's Movie Week" with The Hub premieres of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Big Top Pee-Wee and Troop Beverly Hills. Thursday will have an encore of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, while Friday has a second play of Big Top Pee-Wee. The week concludes on Saturday with an encore of Troop Beverly Hills at 8 into Muppets From Space at 10 (which encores the next night at 8pm). That's all for The Hub in September. There are no signs of Who's the Boss?, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Family Ties, Doogie Howser M.D. or Facts of Life returning. Besides the Friday night change beginning Sept. 20, there are not many changes to the schedule in primetime and late night (where they air TV series/sitcoms). We will let you know should anything change in October and if there will be any new acquisitions. Personally, we're waiting for them to acquire Step by Step, Perfect Strangers and Family Matters already. That's just our preference. Stay with us for continued updates!
Holy narration, Batman! ReelzChannel has announced the premiere of its new original reality series FanAddicts! on Wednesday, August 28, 2013, which goes inside the world's most incredible movie memorabilia collections and introduces viewers to the unforgettable fans who will stop at nothing to obtain a new item. Despite their homes, storage lockers and garages overflowing, these fans persist in a never-ending quest for more rare collectibles from their favorite movies. Classic Batman Adam West is the voice of the series taking viewers inside the lives of these obsessed aficionados. The FanAddicts! premiere features two back-to-back episodes starting at 10pm ET/PT with FanAddicts!: Harry Potter followed by FanAddicts!: Superman at 10:30pm ET/PT. Reelz is excited to have classic Batman Adam West as the voice of the series given he is the ultimate kitsch superhero and makes for a perfect pairing with beguiling, guilty pleasure TV. Let's hope an episode focuses on Batman as well! Our old chum Adam West is 84 (and will be 85 next month) and still very much active. His voice was on an episode of Futurama earlier this month as Adam West, with the Boy Wonder, Burt Ward also guest voicing. Adam also continues to voice on Family Guy as Mayor Adam West.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.