Friday, August 02, 2013
Yesterday Fox was up at the TCA Summer 2013 press tour. Among the key announcements were special guest voices on its animated comedies and an American version of a British drama that was a hit this past season. You will hear the voices of Kristen Wiig, Zack Galifianakis, Conan O'Brien, Ashton Kutcher, Zooey Deschanel, Bryan Cranston, Mariah Carey, Megan Mullally, Aziz Ansari, Elisabeth Moss, Stan Lee, Anderson Cooper, Daniel Radcliffe, Liam Neeson, Judd Apatow, Will Arnett, Rachel Maddow, Alison Brie, Mark Cuban, Alan Thicke, Eva Longoria and Jeff Daniels on Fox's four animated comedies (The Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, American Dad!) this coming season. On Family Guy, Two and a Half Men stars Ashton Kutcher and Jon Cryer both make guest-voice appearances as their show's respective characters. Boldly continuing its push for quality long-form event series, Fox announced a series order for Broadchurch (working title), an American version of the the U.K.'s most-watched new drama of the year. Produced in partnership with Shine America, and to be executive-produced by the original series' creator, Chris Chibnall (Dr. Who, Camelot), the gripping crime series is scheduled to begin filming in January, for broadcast during the 2014-2015 season. The drama follows the tragic and mysterious death of a young boy found dead on an idyllic beach surrounded by rocks and a jutting cliff-face, from where he may have fallen. And finally, miss the first season of The Mindy Project? Wish you'd seen Nick and Jess' first kiss on New Girl? Now you can break that summer diet and fill up on all of your favorite returning Fox dramas and comedies during the Fox Summer Binge! Beginning Sunday, Aug. 11, fans can indulge in the most recent seasons of Bones, New Girl, The Mindy Project, Raising Hope, Glee, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, American Dad and The Simpsons on Fox On Demand through participating cable and telco providers nationwide before they return this fall. In addition, full episodes of these seasons can be streamed online on Fox.com and through the Fox NOW app, which is currently available on iOS, Android phones, Windows 8, Roku, Xbox and Samsung devices. Episodes will be released in chronological batches every Sunday – in most cases, five to six episodes at a time – through September, making it easy for fans to discover or catch up on many of Fox's most popular series before the new season begins. And finally, Fox said The Following season two and new series Rake will launch in January, while comedy Us & Them and drama Gang Related will get an April launch and should go into the summer as 24: Live Another Day and Wayward Pines premiere in the summer.
Among the panels for Fox were with the cast and producers of Dads, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The X Factor, Almost Human, Sleepy Hollow and Enlisted. The final day for the broadcast portion will be on Sunday with ABC. We'll bring you a recap on Monday. Today it is all about FX, while tomorrow is the annual TCA Awards.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Aug. 5-9, 2013, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVRs (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, August 5, 2013
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Watch Bryan on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Lisa Kudrow (Web Therapy/The Comeback/Friends) - Lisa appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton will be on ABC's (Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Selena is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Keshia Knight Pulliam (The Cosby Show) - Keshia reminisces on her time in the long-running hit comedy and opens up about her nonprofit Kamp Kizzy, an organization dedicated to empowering young women, on a repeat of Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Charlie Sheen (Anger Management/Two and a Half Men) - Charlie takes the reins and puts Katie in a hidden camera surprise on a repeat of Katie, so check your local listings. Katie's no-holds barred interview: Will he ever marry again? And how does he feel about being a grandfather? Plus: his honest thoughts on how his private life played out in the public eye.
- Ana Gasteyer (Suburgatory) - Ana guest co-hosts a repeat of Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch) and Joey Lawrence (Melissa & Joey/Brotherly Love/Gimme a Break!) - Melissa and Joey are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Tony Hale (Veep/Arrested Development) - Catch Tony on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep/The New Adventures of Old Christine/Seinfeld) - Julia appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick visits Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tom Arnold (Roseanne/Tom/The Tom Show) - Tom speaks candidly about his own issues with infertility, and his joy of finally becoming a father on a repeat of Katie, so check your local listings.
- Patrick Duffy (Step by Step) - Patrick is a guest on a repeat of Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) - Tune in to see Yvette on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Anna Faris (Mom) - Watch Anna on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Ashton Kutcher (Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton visits The Colbert Report at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) - Yvette guest co-hosts The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer stops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She will also be on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/Reno 911!) - Niecy chats on Joy Behar: Say Anything! at 9pm on Current
- David Alan Grier (Life with Bonnie/DAG) - David is a guest on Joy Behar: Say Anything! at 9pm on Current.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah appears on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Catch Jamie on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Robin Williams (The Crazy Ones/Mork & Mindy) - Robin visits The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Hank Azaria (The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank guests on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Penny Marshall (Laverne & Shirley) - Penny is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Josh Gad (1600 Penn/Back to You) - Josh stops by ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. She will also be on New York Live at 12:30pm on WNBC.
- Kevin James (The King of Queens) - Watch Kevin on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton stops by LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Portia de Rossi (Arrested Development) - Portia appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) - Alan is among the guests on This Was Your Life on ‘The View’ Joy Behar on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Married with Children) - Christina discusses breast cancer on a repeat of The Doctors, so check your local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, January 24
The Middle - "A Tough Pill to Swallow" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When a devastated Sue discovers that she has been kicked out of college because she forgot to renew her financial aid, Mike tries to come to her rescue and convince a tough college bursar to reinstate her. Meanwhile, having only taken oral liquid medication all of his life, a frustrated Frankie does everything in her power to teach Brick how to swallow a pill when he gets an ear infection; and Hutch becomes angry with Axl after he keeps driving the Winnebago without permission to Orson to visit new girlfriend April – leaving Hutch without any means of transportation to get to class.
American Housewife - "Art Show" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Anna-Kat draws a super plus-sized portrait of Katie for the school art show, Katie sets out to retrieve it by any means necessary. Meanwhile, with Katie away, Doris is left in charge of Oliver and Taylor. She’s determined to whip them into shape with her Tiger Mom skills, but she may have met her match.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Coming From America" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Louis flies the entire family to Taiwan in an effort to make things right with Gene (Ken Jeong). Upon meeting Gene’s beautiful fiancé, Margaret, and seeing the wonderful life he has built for himself, Louis questions whether his life in Orlando is just as great as it could be in Taiwan. Meanwhile, Jessica takes Eddie, Emery and Evan to her favorite childhood locales, including Dihua Street and Shilin Night Market.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Match" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Jimmy recruits a reluctant Kenny to join his wrestling team for a one-time match, a surprise victory gives him the confidence to join the team full time to become the first, openly gay athlete at St. Barklays. Kenny’s newfound stardom makes Jimmy feel a bit replaced, but when an opponent refuses to wrestle his brother, Jimmy puts his feelings aside and rallies the team around Kenny. Meanwhile, Pat injures his back trying to help Eileen prepare for a weekend getaway, but things only get worse when she tries to be the perfect caregiver to impress VP Murray but fails miserably.
New Girl - "The Hike" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
While on a day hike, Jess and Robby (guest star Nelson Franklin) discover something unexpected about their relationship. Also, Winston throws a surprise welcome home party for Aly (guest star Nasim Pedrad). Meanwhile, Schmidt and Cece fail to impress their new neighbors.
The Mick - "The Master" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
All hell breaks loose, as the kids fight over who will take the master bedroom. Also, Mickey pursues a wealthy businessman who quickly discovers that she is not the prize he thought she was.
Teachers - "Stranger Danger" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
There’s a trespasser at Fillmore and a new security guard is hired. Ms. Snap and Ms. Bennigan hold a “Women Empowering Women” workshop, Mrs. Adler takes stranger danger too far, and Ms. Watson purchases a male safety dummy.
Tuesday, January 24
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Catch Retta on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Claudia O'Doherty (Love) - Claudia is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John talks about Patriots Day on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette visits Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jennifer Esposito (Samantha Who?/Spin City) - Jennifer appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina talks about the new Netflix series One Day at a Time on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.