Friday, August 02, 2013
Yesterday Fox was up at the TCA Summer 2013 press tour. Among the key announcements were special guest voices on its animated comedies and an American version of a British drama that was a hit this past season. You will hear the voices of Kristen Wiig, Zack Galifianakis, Conan O'Brien, Ashton Kutcher, Zooey Deschanel, Bryan Cranston, Mariah Carey, Megan Mullally, Aziz Ansari, Elisabeth Moss, Stan Lee, Anderson Cooper, Daniel Radcliffe, Liam Neeson, Judd Apatow, Will Arnett, Rachel Maddow, Alison Brie, Mark Cuban, Alan Thicke, Eva Longoria and Jeff Daniels on Fox's four animated comedies (The Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, American Dad!) this coming season. On Family Guy, Two and a Half Men stars Ashton Kutcher and Jon Cryer both make guest-voice appearances as their show's respective characters. Boldly continuing its push for quality long-form event series, Fox announced a series order for Broadchurch (working title), an American version of the the U.K.'s most-watched new drama of the year. Produced in partnership with Shine America, and to be executive-produced by the original series' creator, Chris Chibnall (Dr. Who, Camelot), the gripping crime series is scheduled to begin filming in January, for broadcast during the 2014-2015 season. The drama follows the tragic and mysterious death of a young boy found dead on an idyllic beach surrounded by rocks and a jutting cliff-face, from where he may have fallen. And finally, miss the first season of The Mindy Project? Wish you'd seen Nick and Jess' first kiss on New Girl? Now you can break that summer diet and fill up on all of your favorite returning Fox dramas and comedies during the Fox Summer Binge! Beginning Sunday, Aug. 11, fans can indulge in the most recent seasons of Bones, New Girl, The Mindy Project, Raising Hope, Glee, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, American Dad and The Simpsons on Fox On Demand through participating cable and telco providers nationwide before they return this fall. In addition, full episodes of these seasons can be streamed online on Fox.com and through the Fox NOW app, which is currently available on iOS, Android phones, Windows 8, Roku, Xbox and Samsung devices. Episodes will be released in chronological batches every Sunday – in most cases, five to six episodes at a time – through September, making it easy for fans to discover or catch up on many of Fox's most popular series before the new season begins. And finally, Fox said The Following season two and new series Rake will launch in January, while comedy Us & Them and drama Gang Related will get an April launch and should go into the summer as 24: Live Another Day and Wayward Pines premiere in the summer.
Among the panels for Fox were with the cast and producers of Dads, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The X Factor, Almost Human, Sleepy Hollow and Enlisted. The final day for the broadcast portion will be on Sunday with ABC. We'll bring you a recap on Monday. Today it is all about FX, while tomorrow is the annual TCA Awards.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Aug. 5-9, 2013, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVRs (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, August 5, 2013
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Watch Bryan on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Lisa Kudrow (Web Therapy/The Comeback/Friends) - Lisa appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton will be on ABC's (Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Selena is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Keshia Knight Pulliam (The Cosby Show) - Keshia reminisces on her time in the long-running hit comedy and opens up about her nonprofit Kamp Kizzy, an organization dedicated to empowering young women, on a repeat of Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Charlie Sheen (Anger Management/Two and a Half Men) - Charlie takes the reins and puts Katie in a hidden camera surprise on a repeat of Katie, so check your local listings. Katie's no-holds barred interview: Will he ever marry again? And how does he feel about being a grandfather? Plus: his honest thoughts on how his private life played out in the public eye.
- Ana Gasteyer (Suburgatory) - Ana guest co-hosts a repeat of Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch) and Joey Lawrence (Melissa & Joey/Brotherly Love/Gimme a Break!) - Melissa and Joey are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Tony Hale (Veep/Arrested Development) - Catch Tony on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep/The New Adventures of Old Christine/Seinfeld) - Julia appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick visits Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tom Arnold (Roseanne/Tom/The Tom Show) - Tom speaks candidly about his own issues with infertility, and his joy of finally becoming a father on a repeat of Katie, so check your local listings.
- Patrick Duffy (Step by Step) - Patrick is a guest on a repeat of Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) - Tune in to see Yvette on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Anna Faris (Mom) - Watch Anna on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Ashton Kutcher (Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton visits The Colbert Report at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) - Yvette guest co-hosts The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer stops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She will also be on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/Reno 911!) - Niecy chats on Joy Behar: Say Anything! at 9pm on Current
- David Alan Grier (Life with Bonnie/DAG) - David is a guest on Joy Behar: Say Anything! at 9pm on Current.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah appears on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Catch Jamie on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Robin Williams (The Crazy Ones/Mork & Mindy) - Robin visits The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Hank Azaria (The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank guests on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Penny Marshall (Laverne & Shirley) - Penny is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Josh Gad (1600 Penn/Back to You) - Josh stops by ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. She will also be on New York Live at 12:30pm on WNBC.
- Kevin James (The King of Queens) - Watch Kevin on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton stops by LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Portia de Rossi (Arrested Development) - Portia appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) - Alan is among the guests on This Was Your Life on ‘The View’ Joy Behar on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Married with Children) - Christina discusses breast cancer on a repeat of The Doctors, so check your local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, October 23
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of last season’s Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-a-Witch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
The Simpsons - "Trust But Clarify" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
Son of Zorn - "A Taste of Zephyria" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After learning how Zephyria is depicted in the media, Zorn attempts to teach Alan about his culture. Meanwhile, Edie wages war with her new neighbors over their talking garden gnome.
Family Guy - "Inside Family Guy" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
FAMILY GUY takes viewers behind the scenes of a regular “FAMILY GUY” production week, with James Woods as the guide. See the ins-and-outs of what goes into the making of a “FAMILY GUY” episode and watch the drama unfold as Peter is replaced and ends up in the office of Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman to pitch his very own new series.
The Last Man on Earth - "Five Hoda Kotbs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
A post-apocalyptic road trip has everyone at war with each other and Gail is really pushed to her breaking point.
Bizaardvark - "Spoiler Alert: Belissa Returns" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Paige and Frankie hit a writing slump and other bad things start happening to them, Paige begins to think they are cursed; Amelia and Dirk are at odds when the lifestyle Diva declutters the Dare Lair.
Sunday, October 23
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.