Monday, August 12, 2013
Today we have part one of the TBS Fall 2013 schedule. We are calling it part one because this is their September schedule and there will likely be more schedule updates to come in October that we cannot reveal just yet, so stay tuned for that. For now, we will cover the September changes, including the premiere of reruns of The Cleveland Show! The animated comedy will begin Monday, Sept. 16 on TBS and will air weekdays at 1:30pm leading into an hour of American Dad! from 2-3PM. The Family Guy spin-off will also air at 7:30pm on Tuesday and Friday evenings, spelling Family Guy on those nights. Family Guy will be taking over that 7:30pm half-hour the other three weeknights as Seinfeld will now be from 6pm-7:30pm. Other key changes include Rules of Engagement just once a day now and moving 6am, while My Name is Earl is also cut to just once a day and now at 6:30am. Married...with Children moves up to 7am-8:30am, leading into Fresh Prince at 8:30am. After the Tyler Perry hour, more Fresh Prince is going to air from 10am-12pm. That's a whole lot of Fresh Prince, but will all these slots last in October? Stay tuned. The series will be moving to BET exclusively beginning in Fall 2014, as we mentioned before. According to Jim remains at noon, while Wipeout moves to 12:30pm instead of 2pm. Everybody Loves Raymond will be off of the weekday schedule, but it will now air in a evening block on Saturday nights from 6-8pm. Back to weekdays, Cleveland Show is at 1:30pm as mentioned into American Dad's new timeslots of 2-3pm. Friends will now be 3-5pm, instead of 3:30-5:30, as Cougar Town weekdays repeats will be leaving. King of Queens is now in the 5pm hour, leading into three episodes of Seinfeld from 6-7:30pm and as mentioned Family Guy and Cleveland Show will share the 7:30pm half-hour, with the former Mon, Wed, Thurs and the latter on Tues and Fri. Primetime will remain the same with a mix of Family Guy and The Big Bang Theory on Mon-Thurs from 8-11pm. Movies will air on Fridays. Conan remains in late night at 11, into a repeat of The Office at midnight. An encore of Conan airs at 12:30am into another episode of The Office at 1:30am. After a late movie, Married...with Children closes the night out on most days from 4-6am. On Saturdays, sitcoms will air from 6-11am with an hour each of Married...with Children and Fresh Prince from 6-8am. The Tyler Perry hour of House of Payne and Meet the Browns airs from 8-9am. The 9am hour has Are We There Yet? and According to Jim into an hour of Rules of Engagement at 10. Movies will air from 11am-3pm, then Friends is back from 3-5pm into King of Queens from 5-6pm, similar to weekdays. Everybody Loves Raymond moves into early evening on Saturdays from 6-8pm leading into The Big Bang Theory primetime block from 8-11pm. More movies follow and the late night schedule has more Married...with Children. The Sunday line-up remains intact with Married...with Children and Friends from 6-9am then movies the rest of the day. View the full TBS September 2013 schedule. Discuss your thoughts. And stay tuned for part two very soon! Will there be more shows in story? Stay with us. ABC has set an airdate for Disney·Pixar's first special for television, Toy Story OF TERROR!, a spooky new tale featuring all of your favorite characters from the "Toy Story" films, airing Wednesday, October 16 from 8:00-8:30pm ET on the ABC Comedy Wednesday block for one night. ABC first announced plans for the special at the annual Upfront presentation in May, but now we have an actual airdate! What starts out as a fun road trip for the Toy Story gang takes an unexpected turn for the worse when the trip detours to a roadside motel. After one of the toys goes missing, the others find themselves caught up in a mysterious sequence of events that must be solved before they all suffer the same fate in this Toy Story OF TERROR!. The cast of Toy Story OF TERROR! includes Tom Hanks as Woody, Tim Allen as Buzz, Joan Cusack as Jessie, Carl Weathers as Combat Carl/Combat Carl Jr., Timothy Dalton as Mr. Pricklepants, Don Rickles as Mr. Potato Head, Wallace Shawn as Rex and Kristen Schaal as Trixie.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, February 28
Fresh Off the Boat - "Living While Eddie" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After her precious morning papaya goes missing and the dishwasher was used for its actual purpose rather than just a drying rack, Jessica automatically accuses Eddie as the culprit. Yet when a record store manager accuses him of stealing a CD, she realizes he has other motives for his actions. Meanwhile, Louis and Emery are bursting with excitement when a TV crew comes to shoot an infomercial at Cattleman’s Ranch.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Heartbreak" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Devastated by his break-up with Brett, Kenny tags along with Pat and Jimmy to a Lonely Hearts happy hour, but when they try to use Kenny’s sadness to get attention from single ladies, Kenny inadvertently steals the show. Meanwhile, Eileen shuns the usual Valentine’s Day traditions until a chance encounter changes her mind.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
New Girl - "Young Adult" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Jess worries that she may not be a cool enough principal, she recruits Nick and “The Pepperwood Chronicles” to help make her popular with the students. Meanwhile, Schmidt hires an eager and overly-aggressive new assistant and Winston realizes that Furguson may be two-timing him.
The Mick - "The New Girl" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Mickey believes Ben’s school is discriminating against him, she stands up for her nephew. Meanwhile, Sabrina and Chip spend time with Alba and learn some surprising things about her.
Kevin Can Wait - "The Power of Positive Drinking" (CBS, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Kevin takes a job as a bartender, he goes too far when he starts dispensing unsolicited advice to his customers.
The Detour - "The Tub" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
As Nate and Robin contemplate having another child, a neighbor's casual get together turns into a home birth; Delilah learns about being a third wheel.
Teachers - "Thirty-One and Done" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Ms. Snap struggles with the idea of turning thirty-one and tries to regain her youth. Ms. Bennigan offers to babysit Blake for Hot Dad. The Teachers deal with every teacher’s nightmare when the copier breaks down.
Tuesday, February 28
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also talks about Table 19 on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 9am hour.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Natalie Zea (The Detour) - Natalie is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Dan Bucatinsky (Marry Me/The Comeback) - Dan drops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. She also talks about the new season of Nashville on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David drops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Katherine LaNasa (Three Sisters) - Katherine bakes a Mardi Gras king cake on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig talks about Table 19 on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh talks about his The Arrangement on the AOL Build Show at 5pm. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Tiffani Thiessen (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The College Years) - Tiffani is a guest on The Doctors, so check your local listings.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate appears on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:50am.