Wednesday, August 21, 2013
Lifetime September 2013 Schedule; TBS Orders Third Seasons of Sullivan & Son, Men at Work, and Books Ground Floor for November
Lifetime has announced its September schedule and there aren't many changes. Will & Grace is missing from the schedule starting Sept. 3, but as we announced a few years ago, it is coming to WE tv this fall. We'll have more on that soon, but WE tv doesn't have exclusive rights. After a movie marathon on Labor Day (Sept. 2), Lifetime's daily schedule kicks-off on Sept. 3 with back-to-back episodes of The New Adventures of Old Christine at 8am & 8:30am. Then from 9am-12pm, it's three hours of Frasier. At 12pm and 12:30pm, Lifetime will air two episodes of How I Met Your Mother. From 1pm-4pm, Grey's Anatomy is back to three episodes a day. Then at 4pm & 5pm, Wife Swap is back-to-back leading into the rotating block of shows from 6-8pm. On Mondays, Trading Spouses will air, while on Tuesdays encores of original reality series will air. On Wednesdays, Lifetime will air Unsolved Mysteries, while on Thursdays they air more Wife Swap. And on Fridays, marathons of Hoarders will air from 6pm-3am. In primetime, we have a mix of movies and original series, and the same goes true in late night with encores of those. On weekends, it is all original series originals or encores and movies. Except on Saturdays at 11am we have Unsolved Mysteries and in the late night from 4-5am an hour of Old Christine. Highlights wise, we have original series finales and premieres. The season finale of Dance Moms is Sept. 10 at 8pm, with a reunion special the following week. The second season of Lifetime's popular series, Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition is set to come back on Tuesday, Sept. 3 at 9pm. Another reality series will have its season finale as well, as Double Divas concludes its season on Tuesday, Sept. 24 at 10pm. Project Runway won't conclude its season until Thursday, Oct. 14 from 9-10:30pm. Struggling reality series Supermarket Superstars will have its finale on Thursday, Sept. 26 from 10:30-11:30pm. Scripted series wise, red-hot freshman drama Devious Maids has its season finale on Sunday, Sept. 22 at 10pm. The back half of the fifth season of Drop Dead Diva will return on Sunday, Oct. 6 at 9pm leading into the new drama The Witches of East End at 10pm. And finally, original movies will air Saturdays at 8pm, as in September the stars include Kelly Rutherford, Natasha Henstridge, Peyton List, Gail O'Grady, Julie Benz, Jamie Luner, Bruce Thomas and Max Carver. Stay with us for continued updates on Lifetime and if Will & Grace returns to Lifetime.
TBS has ordered third seasons of its hit original sitcoms Sullivan & Son, starring popular comedian Steve Byrne, and Men at Work, starring Danny Masterson, Michael Cassidy, Adam Busch, Meredith Hagner and James Lesure. TBS has also ordered a second season of the hit series Deal With It, from Howie Mandel's Alevy Productions. TBS has ordered 13 episodes of Sullivan & Son, which airs Thursdays at 10 p.m. (ET/PT) and is set to wrap up its second season Aug. 22. The series is averaging 2.4 million viewers in Live + 7 delivery this summer, including 1.3 million adults 18-49. Season three of Sullivan & Son is slated to launch in summer 2014. TBS has also ordered 10 episodes for the third season of its popular workplace sitcom Men at Work. This past spring, the second season of the series averaged 1.9 million viewers and 1.2 million adults 18-49. The third season of Men at Work is slated to launch in early 2014. And TBS has renewed Deal With It with a 10-episode order for season two. Hosted by Theo Von (Primetime in No Time, Last Comic Standing), season one of the series has averaged 2.3 million viewers in Live + 7 delivery, including 1.2 million adults 18-49. From Howie Mandel's Alevy Productions, the second season is slated to launch in 2014.
TBS's renewals come as the network prepares to launch three new series during the second half of 2013. Beginning Tuesday, Oct. 22, at 10 p.m. (ET/PT), D.L. Hughley and Michael Ian Black will headline the new game show Trust Me, I'm a Game Show Host. TBS will expand its late-night lineup with the The Pete Holmes Show, which will follow Conan Monday-Thursday at midnight (ET/PT), beginning Oct. 28. And in November, TBS will launch Ground Floor, the new sitcom created by Emmy(R) nominees Bill Lawrence (Cougar Town, Scrubs) and Greg Malins (2 Broke Girls, How I Met Your Mother), and starring Skylar Astin (Pitch Perfect), Briga Heelan (Cougar Town) and John C. McGinley (Scrubs). Ground Floor is set to premiere Thursday, Nov. 14, at 10 p.m. (ET/PT).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 10
Saturday, December 10
- Dennis Haskins (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The New Class) - Dennis will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Watch Jennifer Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also chats about the film Why Him? on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. She joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Matthew stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will talks about Collateral Beauty on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice/Arrested Development) - Henry will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Megan Mullally (Will & Grace) - Megan is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.