Tuesday, August 20, 2013
This Fall, INSP will be adding some more dramas to its schedule. Coming to the network this fall will be JAG, Christy, Robin Hood and Lark Rise to Candleford. The fun begins on Sunday, Sept. 29 with a JAG marathon from 12pm-2am ET. The series was airing on the Universal-owned networks, but the contract expired and now INSP has the series. The new line-up will then begin the following day on Monday, Sept. 30 at 11am. Kicking it off will be The Big Valley from 11am-1pm every Mon-Thurs, as the series moves down an hour (it was airing 12-2pm). Sitcoms Happy Days and The Brady Bunch will therefore be removed from the schedule beginning on Sept. 30 and won't be found anywhere on the line-up. The High Chaparral will remain Mon-Thurs at 1pm. The Virginian will air in this block from 11am-2pm on Fridays. Then each weekday will have a different drama from 2-8pm now, as six-hour blocks of the same show will air. On Mondays it will be Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, while on Tuesdays it is Matlock. Wednesdays will feature Little House on the Prairie, while Thursdays it is family time with The Waltons. And on Fridays, new acquisition JAG will get the marathon treatment. In INSP primetime from 8pm-12am, the line-up starts off with The Waltons at 8 every weeknight, followed by newbie JAG at 9pm. At 10pm and 11pm, Matlock makes his case with back-to-back episodes every weeknight. In late night from 12-2am, we have a rotating block of shows. Monday and Tuesday nights will feature JAG, while Wednesday and Thursday nights will showcase Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. And on Fridays, new addition Robin Hood will close the work week out. Onto weekends, Saddle-Up Saturdays will continue. Airing from 1pm-12am, westerns rule the day with The Virginian from 1pm-4pm, The High Chaparral from 4-6pm, and The Big Valley from 6-8pm. Then in primetime, it's more westerns with The Virginian again from 8-11pm leading into Bonanza at 11pm. In late night, JAG will air from 12-2am once again. On Sundays, different marathons will air from 12pm-5pm (such as The Waltons, Matlock, Little House and Dr. Quinn). Then the new Sunday line-up begins with the Kellie Martin drama Christy airing at 5pm, followed by Lark Rise to Candleford at 6pm and Robin Hood at 7pm. JAG airs in primetime at 8pm & 9pm, into movies from 10pm-2am. Before the new series launch, they will get marathons. We mentioned JAG's launch marathon already, but the others will also get marathons. Lark Rise to Candleford gets the first taste on Sunday, Sept. 15 from 6pm-2am. The following week (Sunday, Sept. 22), Robin Hood gets the marathon from 6pm-2am. We mentioned JAG on Sept. 29, but on Sunday, Oct. 6 from 5pm-2am, Christy gets its launch marathon. That's all for INSP this fall. We hope Happy Days and The Brady Bunch return to the schedule at some point, but at least they are available to watch on other networks if you receive those. Stay with us for continued updates on all things INSP!
TV Land has fast-tracked a project to be written by writer, producer and creator Darren Star of Sex and the City. This single camera comedy, which is based on the novel "Younger" by Pamela Redmond Satran, will follow the story of a suddenly-single New Jersey housewife and mother in her early 40s who, unable to restart her career, decides to lie about her age and successfully passes herself off as a twenty-something. Armed with a makeover and new resume, she wins a coveted position at the city's hottest publishing company. Pretending to be "younger" doesn't hurt in the bar scene, either, as guys line up like never before. Between Sex and the City, Beverly Hills, 90210 and Melrose Place, he has created some of the most iconic and beloved shows in the history of television. The series has been fast-tracked, but has not been picked-up to pilot just yet. If and when it does that, it would then have to be picked-up to series for us to see it on television. So it's a long way to go, but fast-tracking a project is a good thing. TV Land also recently announced a pilot for a multi-camera sitcom, Jennifer Falls, starring Jaime Pressly. The network's current line-up of original sitcoms airs Wednesdays at 10pm ET/PT and includes the hit series Hot in Cleveland, The Exes and The Soul Man. The series have received several awards and accolades including two 2013 Creative Arts Emmy(R) nominations: one for Hot in Cleveland and the other for The Exes. All of these series star pop culture icons and fan favorites including Betty White, Valerie Bertinelli, Wendie Malick, Jane Leeves, Kristen Johnston, Donald Faison, Wayne Knight, David Alan Basche, Kelly Stables, Cedric "The Entertainer," Niecy Nash and Wesley Jonathan. This December, TV Land will debut its newest original series, Kirstie, which stars Kirstie Alley, Michael Richards, Rhea Perlman and Eric Petersen.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - Season Seven - The Farewell Season
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series
06/02 - Soap - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
06/02 - The Abbott and Costello Show - The Ultimate Collection
06/09 - The Facts of Life - Season Six
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 7 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 7 & 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series
06/16 - The Odd Couple - The Complete Series
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Twelfth and Final Season
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Series
06/23 - George Lopez - The Complete Fourth Season
06/23 - Workaholics - Season Five (Blu-ray)
06/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 3 (MPI Home Video)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, July 4
The Millers - "Diggin' Up Bones" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
In an attempt to get Carol to be more daring, Kip encourages her to confront her former Central Elementary School work nemesis at the woman’s retirement party. Molly Shannon guest stars as Miss Pam, Carol’s former work rival.
The Millers - "When the Pope Comes Marching In" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the Pope is scheduled to come to town, Nathan’s planned week-long series of reports hits a snag when Ray gets a job offer to become the cameraman for a rival field reporter.
The McCarthys - "Gerard's Engagement Party" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The McCarthy family is reluctant to celebrate Gerard and Katrina’s engagement, but when Gerard gets on the wrong Boston Harbor Cruise ship, Marjorie is forced to bond with her soon-to-be daughter-in-law. Meanwhile, Sean hits it off with Katrina’s mother, and Arthur judges Jackie for how her baby was conceived. Jean Smart guest stars as Lydia, Katrina’s mother.
The McCarthys - "Cutting the Cord" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When the McCarthys realize they have become extremely dependent on one another, they make a family bet to see who can be independent the longest. Meanwhile, Jackie hides her pregnancy while on a date.
Monday, July 6
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Watch Melissa on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Hannah Simone (New Girl) - Hannah appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Tune in to see Cristela on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Damon Wayans Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) - Damon appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Nick drops by The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- John O'Hurley (Seinfeld) - John appears on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Lea Thompson (Caroline in the City) - Lea is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Raven-Symone (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven-Symone chats on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Zachary Levi (Less Than Perfect) - Zachary talks about Geeks Who Drink on NBC's Today in the 10am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He will also be on People Now and the AOL Build Show.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Malibu Country/Less Than Perfect) - Sara discusses her new TV Land comedy Impastor on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Ashley Tisdale (Clipped/The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) - Ashley is tentatively scheduled to appear on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Sheryl Lee Ralph (Instant Mom/Moesha/It's a Living) - Sheryl is tentatively scheduled to be part of the Plugged-In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso appears on The Boris and Nicole Show, which airs on select Fox-owned stations, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Ari Parker (Second Time Around) - Nicole and her husband Boris Kodjoe are guests on People Now.