Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Today we will take a look at Chiller's Fall 2013 schedule. The NBCUniversal owned network will bring back the Jennifer Love Hewitt series Ghost Whisperer to the line-up and will be airing it weekdays at 8am and 5am and also in primetime on Monday nights from 8pm-1am starting with the very first episode on Monday, Sept. 2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which was airing at 8am & 5am, will be relegated to Sunday nights from 3-6am (but remember it is coming back to FX this September as well). Elsewhere on the Chiller schedule, Outer Limits will air weekdays at 6am & 7am leading into Ghost Whisperer. From 9am-5pm, there will be different marathon stacks every weekday of series like Buffy, Dark Shadows, The Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, Ripley's Believe It Or Not and more. From 5pm-5am, we have many movies, some Fear Factor here and there and on Mondays its Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction from 5-8pm into the aforementioned Ghost Whisperer from 8pm-1am. On weekends we have a lot of movies and stunts. The River continues to air Sunday nights at 8pm. A marathon of The River will air on Sunday, September 29 from 5pm-1am, featuring all eight episodes of the short-lived series. There will also be a creature/monster stunt week called Monster Mash, and will air from Sept. 10-13 from 5pm-5am. That's about it for Chiller in September 2013, as the biggest news was the return of Ghost Whisperer. Stay with us for continued updates and if anything changes.
Comedy Central has officially announced the Community stunts that we talked about during our look at the Comedy Central Fall 2013 schedule. Comedy Central is enrolling in Greendale Community College this semester! The cable television premiere of Community kicks off with a special 10-episode block of fan-favorite episodes on September 15 from noon - 5:00 p.m. on Comedy Central, as we previously announced. Starting September 20, well-studied fans and clueless freshmen can start Community cramming when the series settles into the schedule with a four-episode block airing weekly every Friday from 9:00 pm - 11:00 pm, beginning with season one. During the Friday premieres, super fans can use the hashtag #Community for a chance to see their tweets on-air. Yes, we have announced all this. But to help prepare for the beginning of the term, Comedy Central will schedule programming blocks of content that have featured the stars of Community, along with college-themed movies and scholastic-themed episodes of its own original series, every Friday from 9:00 pm - 11:00 pm from August 9 through September 13. The critically-acclaimed Community is a half-hour comedy series about a tight-knit study group at Greendale Community College. At the center of the group is Jeff Winger (Joel McHale, The Soup), a fast-talking lawyer whose degree has been revoked. With some help from his fellow classmates, Winger forms a study group who eventually learn more about themselves than their course work. Among the series stars who comprise the group are Chevy Chase, Gillian Jacobs, Yvette Nicole Brown, Danny Pudi, Alison Brie, Donald Glover, Ken Jeong and Jim Rash. Community will return on NBC with its fifth season in midseason.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.