Wednesday, July 31, 2013
We continue our look at the fall 2013 cable and digital TV schedules today with Comedy Central. They will be adding reruns of Community to its line-up, as we all know. We now have the premiere date and airtimes. The comedy will launch on Comedy Central with a marathon on Sunday, Sept. 15 from 12pm-5pm. Its regular airings will begin on Friday, Sept. 20 with a block from 9-11pm starting with season one. It will air Tuesdays-Fridays as well starting with season three episodes at 4:30pm beginning Sept. 24, replacing one airing of Futurama. So, Tues-Fri at 4:30pm and Fridays 9-11pm. On late Sunday nights (early Monday mornings), Community will air from 3-4am (a replay of one of the Friday hours). Community will also be airing on local broadcast syndication this fall, so check your listings. Leading up to the premiere of Community, Comedy Central will air "Community Fridays" with themed shows and movies. On Friday, Sept. 6, there will be a block of South Park and on Sept. 13 the film Hot Tub Time Machine will air. Elsewhere, 30 Rock, It's Always Sunny and Philadelphia, South Park and Futurama are among the series that air during weekdays. The network no long is airing Scrubs and 30 Rock has been relegated to just Thursdays from 11:30am-1pm. Originals wise, The Comedy Central Roast of James Franco special will premiere on Monday, Sept. 2 at 10. Tosh.0 and Brickleberry will air new episodes on Tuesdays beginning Sept. 3 at 10. Key & Peele will have its third season premiere on Wednesday, Sept. 18 at 10:30pm. Comedy Central will present a 21-hour South Park marathon beginning at 9pm on Saturday, Sept. 21 and ending at 9pm on Sunday, Sept. 22 (there is only a break from 5-8am). The marathon is to promote the season 17 premiere on Wednesday, Sept. 25 at 10pm. Discuss the Comedy Central Fall 2013 schedule on our message board. The TCA Summer 2013 press tour continues and The CW was up yesterday, so we will give you a recap of their announcements. The CW Network has shifted some premiere dates of its 2013 fall season schedule, allowing for additional exposure and time to launch. The series premiere of The Originals will now debut on a special night and time on Thursday, October 3 at 9:00pm ET. The Originals series premiere will follow the season premiere of The Vampire Diaries, which is now bowing one week earlier than previously announced, now on Thursday, October 3 at 8:00pm ET giving The Originals the additional exposure of premiering behind the network's highest-rated series. The following week, The Originals will then move to its regularly scheduled night and time Tuesday, October 8 at 8:00pm ET, followed by the 9th season premiere of Supernatural at 9:00pm ET, also a week earlier than previously announced. An encore of The Originals second episode will air Thursday, October 10 at 9:00pm ET, again following an original episode of The Vampire Diaries. The CW will launch the highly anticipated premiere of its Mary, Queen of Scots drama, Reign, on Thursday, October 17 at 9:00pm ET, a week later than previously announced, allowing for even more time and opportunity to promote the series. In other news, The CW will keep the laughs coming, giving its hit improvisational comedy series, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, a second season order of 24 all-new, half-hour episodes. The premiere date and time for the second season will be announced at a later date. The series returned to the airwaves with a bang this summer, with its premiere delivering The CW's most watched show (2.9 million viewers) in its time period (Tuesday, 8 pm) in nearly five years, and was the network's most watched unscripted series premiere in six years. There were show panels with the casts and producers of the following series: Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Reign, The Originals, , and The Tomorrow People. Today there will be set visits and Hulu is presenting. The broadcast portion continues tomorrow with Fox up.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, December 4
The Simpsons - "The Last Traction Hero" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A workplace accident leaves Homer in a cast, and in a position to sue Mr. Burns. This leaves Marge unfulfilled, so she turns to an unexpected source for romance. Meanwhile, Lisa is made “Bus Monitor” and tries to keep the peace.
Son of Zorn - "Return of the Drinking Buddy" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Zorn’s old friend Headbutt Man (guest voice Rob Riggle) is coming to town. Unfortunately for Zorn, Headbutt Man is now sober. Meanwhile, Alan is invited to a party where his crush, Nancy (guest star Emily Wong), will be. Unfortunately, he has to take Headbutt man’s daughter with him.
Family Guy - "Carter and Tricia" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Carter buys the Pawtucket Patriot brewery and decides to cut some corners to save a few bucks. Peter overhears the plan and runs and tells investigative journalist Tricia Takanawa about Carter’s plan to use toxic chemicals in the beer cans. Meanwhile, Brian’s drivers’ license has expired and he enlists Stewie as an instructor.
The Last Man on Earth - "Whitney Houston, We Have a Problem" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After finding a mysterious note left by Melissa that says “Goodbye,” the gang sets off to go look for her. Meanwhile, Gail gets stuck on a solo adventure of her own.
K.C. Undercover - "Holly Holly Not So Jolly" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Christmas time arrives and K.C. tells everyone she has to go pick up a last-minute gift, but instead goes to The Organization's therapist, Dr. Levinstein.
Mech X-4 - "Let's Survive in the Woods!" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Principal Grey sets a trap for Ryan, Harris and Spyder while they're on a camping trip, which leaves MECH-X4 and Mark in danger.
Best Friends Whenever - "The Christmas Curse" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Shelby and Cyd encourage a homesick Daisy to incorporate a festive 16th-century tradition into their annual Christmas party.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.