Wednesday, July 31, 2013
We continue our look at the fall 2013 cable and digital TV schedules today with Comedy Central. They will be adding reruns of Community to its line-up, as we all know. We now have the premiere date and airtimes. The comedy will launch on Comedy Central with a marathon on Sunday, Sept. 15 from 12pm-5pm. Its regular airings will begin on Friday, Sept. 20 with a block from 9-11pm starting with season one. It will air Tuesdays-Fridays as well starting with season three episodes at 4:30pm beginning Sept. 24, replacing one airing of Futurama. So, Tues-Fri at 4:30pm and Fridays 9-11pm. On late Sunday nights (early Monday mornings), Community will air from 3-4am (a replay of one of the Friday hours). Community will also be airing on local broadcast syndication this fall, so check your listings. Leading up to the premiere of Community, Comedy Central will air "Community Fridays" with themed shows and movies. On Friday, Sept. 6, there will be a block of South Park and on Sept. 13 the film Hot Tub Time Machine will air. Elsewhere, 30 Rock, It's Always Sunny and Philadelphia, South Park and Futurama are among the series that air during weekdays. The network no long is airing Scrubs and 30 Rock has been relegated to just Thursdays from 11:30am-1pm. Originals wise, The Comedy Central Roast of James Franco special will premiere on Monday, Sept. 2 at 10. Tosh.0 and Brickleberry will air new episodes on Tuesdays beginning Sept. 3 at 10. Key & Peele will have its third season premiere on Wednesday, Sept. 18 at 10:30pm. Comedy Central will present a 21-hour South Park marathon beginning at 9pm on Saturday, Sept. 21 and ending at 9pm on Sunday, Sept. 22 (there is only a break from 5-8am). The marathon is to promote the season 17 premiere on Wednesday, Sept. 25 at 10pm. Discuss the Comedy Central Fall 2013 schedule on our message board. The TCA Summer 2013 press tour continues and The CW was up yesterday, so we will give you a recap of their announcements. The CW Network has shifted some premiere dates of its 2013 fall season schedule, allowing for additional exposure and time to launch. The series premiere of The Originals will now debut on a special night and time on Thursday, October 3 at 9:00pm ET. The Originals series premiere will follow the season premiere of The Vampire Diaries, which is now bowing one week earlier than previously announced, now on Thursday, October 3 at 8:00pm ET giving The Originals the additional exposure of premiering behind the network's highest-rated series. The following week, The Originals will then move to its regularly scheduled night and time Tuesday, October 8 at 8:00pm ET, followed by the 9th season premiere of Supernatural at 9:00pm ET, also a week earlier than previously announced. An encore of The Originals second episode will air Thursday, October 10 at 9:00pm ET, again following an original episode of The Vampire Diaries. The CW will launch the highly anticipated premiere of its Mary, Queen of Scots drama, Reign, on Thursday, October 17 at 9:00pm ET, a week later than previously announced, allowing for even more time and opportunity to promote the series. In other news, The CW will keep the laughs coming, giving its hit improvisational comedy series, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, a second season order of 24 all-new, half-hour episodes. The premiere date and time for the second season will be announced at a later date. The series returned to the airwaves with a bang this summer, with its premiere delivering The CW's most watched show (2.9 million viewers) in its time period (Tuesday, 8 pm) in nearly five years, and was the network's most watched unscripted series premiere in six years. There were show panels with the casts and producers of the following series: Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Reign, The Originals, , and The Tomorrow People. Today there will be set visits and Hulu is presenting. The broadcast portion continues tomorrow with Fox up.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, February 21
The Middle - "Dental Hijinks" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Frankie tries to get a stubborn Mike to go see Dr. Goodwin to take care of his toothache, Mike convinces the good doctor to leave his tooth alone and tell Frankie that everything was ok. But the two find themselves fabricating a story that’s so ludicrous that they fear Frankie will figure out the truth. Meanwhile, since they are nearing the end of their senior year at college, Axl, Hutch and Kenny decide it’s time to sell the fabled Winnebago; Sue tries her best to let college golf cart driver Tyler know that she likes him; and Brick attempts to write a historic Scottish rap musical – a la “Hamilton” – focusing on the life of Sergeant Charles Stuart MacKenzie.
American Housewife - "The Man Date" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Greg is delighted to finally have made a friend in Westport, fellow history buff Stan (guest star Timothy Omundson), but Katie isn’t as happy, especially since Stan is married to her nemesis, Chloe Brown Mueller (Jessica St. Clair).
Fresh Off the Boat - "The Gloves Are Off" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jessica accidentally befriends Marvin’s ex-wife, Sarah (Heather Locklear), and tries to help her and Honey settle their longstanding rift. Meanwhile, Louis and the boys are on a mission to determine Grandma’s true age in hopes of surprising her with a new, free motorized wheelchair.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Confirmation" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Shannon asks VP Murray to be her godfather leading up to her confirmation, Eileen fears her own relationship with him might be moving too fast. Shannon’s big day also has a surprising effect on Kenny’s relationship when Brett says, “I love you,” sending Kenny into a tailspin. Meanwhile, the return of a hot former babysitter puts Pat and Jimmy at odds when she constantly makes passes at Pat.
New Girl - "Rumsprings" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Jess gets nervous about starting her new position as principal, Nick and Schmidt decide to take her on a relaxing day trip to Solvang, which quickly goes “sideways.” Meanwhile, with Cece’s help, Winston tries to finalize his divorce from Rhonda, but finds that he and Aly are caught in a series of never-ending pranks.
The Mick - "The Baggage" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Mickey’s unwanted suitors team up to thwart her new romance. Meanwhile, Sabrina and Alba teach Ben a lesson in responsibility.
The Detour - "The City" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Robin isn't thrilled about Nate's new job in New York City, but the family heads out from Syracuse anyway.
Teachers - "Brokebitch Mountain" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Ms. Feldman can’t make ends meet on her salary and takes a second job. Ms. Watson notices a romantic spark between two of her second grade students. The Teachers take advantage of Principal Pearson.
Tuesday, February 21
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Catch Tom on a repeat of the 2011 Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Will visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison talks about Girls and Get Out on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. Finally, she will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Mae Whitman (Arrested Development) - Mae visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. She also talks about Rock Dog on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Zach Braff (Scrubs) - Zach guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Jason talks about The Detour on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 1pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Judd Hirsch (Superior Donuts/Dear John/Taxi) and Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Judd and Jermaine are guests on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym and Kim Gravel help a woman snoop through two bachelors' homes in order to choose which she should date on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Ashley Gerasimovich (The Detour) - Ashley is a guest on Cheddar at 12:15pm. Ashley and Liam Carroll will be on Facebook Live on the TBS Facebook account at approx. 4:00pm. Ashley, Liam, Jason Jones and Natalie Zea will be on Facebook live at approx. 8:00PM EST on the official The Detour Facebook page.