Wednesday, July 31, 2013
We continue our look at the fall 2013 cable and digital TV schedules today with Comedy Central. They will be adding reruns of Community to its line-up, as we all know. We now have the premiere date and airtimes. The comedy will launch on Comedy Central with a marathon on Sunday, Sept. 15 from 12pm-5pm. Its regular airings will begin on Friday, Sept. 20 with a block from 9-11pm starting with season one. It will air Tuesdays-Fridays as well starting with season three episodes at 4:30pm beginning Sept. 24, replacing one airing of Futurama. So, Tues-Fri at 4:30pm and Fridays 9-11pm. On late Sunday nights (early Monday mornings), Community will air from 3-4am (a replay of one of the Friday hours). Community will also be airing on local broadcast syndication this fall, so check your listings. Leading up to the premiere of Community, Comedy Central will air "Community Fridays" with themed shows and movies. On Friday, Sept. 6, there will be a block of South Park and on Sept. 13 the film Hot Tub Time Machine will air. Elsewhere, 30 Rock, It's Always Sunny and Philadelphia, South Park and Futurama are among the series that air during weekdays. The network no long is airing Scrubs and 30 Rock has been relegated to just Thursdays from 11:30am-1pm. Originals wise, The Comedy Central Roast of James Franco special will premiere on Monday, Sept. 2 at 10. Tosh.0 and Brickleberry will air new episodes on Tuesdays beginning Sept. 3 at 10. Key & Peele will have its third season premiere on Wednesday, Sept. 18 at 10:30pm. Comedy Central will present a 21-hour South Park marathon beginning at 9pm on Saturday, Sept. 21 and ending at 9pm on Sunday, Sept. 22 (there is only a break from 5-8am). The marathon is to promote the season 17 premiere on Wednesday, Sept. 25 at 10pm. Discuss the Comedy Central Fall 2013 schedule on our message board. The TCA Summer 2013 press tour continues and The CW was up yesterday, so we will give you a recap of their announcements. The CW Network has shifted some premiere dates of its 2013 fall season schedule, allowing for additional exposure and time to launch. The series premiere of The Originals will now debut on a special night and time on Thursday, October 3 at 9:00pm ET. The Originals series premiere will follow the season premiere of The Vampire Diaries, which is now bowing one week earlier than previously announced, now on Thursday, October 3 at 8:00pm ET giving The Originals the additional exposure of premiering behind the network's highest-rated series. The following week, The Originals will then move to its regularly scheduled night and time Tuesday, October 8 at 8:00pm ET, followed by the 9th season premiere of Supernatural at 9:00pm ET, also a week earlier than previously announced. An encore of The Originals second episode will air Thursday, October 10 at 9:00pm ET, again following an original episode of The Vampire Diaries. The CW will launch the highly anticipated premiere of its Mary, Queen of Scots drama, Reign, on Thursday, October 17 at 9:00pm ET, a week later than previously announced, allowing for even more time and opportunity to promote the series. In other news, The CW will keep the laughs coming, giving its hit improvisational comedy series, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, a second season order of 24 all-new, half-hour episodes. The premiere date and time for the second season will be announced at a later date. The series returned to the airwaves with a bang this summer, with its premiere delivering The CW's most watched show (2.9 million viewers) in its time period (Tuesday, 8 pm) in nearly five years, and was the network's most watched unscripted series premiere in six years. There were show panels with the casts and producers of the following series: Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Reign, The Originals, , and The Tomorrow People. Today there will be set visits and Hulu is presenting. The broadcast portion continues tomorrow with Fox up.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, September 24
Henry Danger - "Love Muffin" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man suddenly announces he's getting married, Henry and Charlotte go searching for answers only to discover that things are not as they seem.
Game Shakers - "Secret Level" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Hudson releases false information about a secret level in a Game Shakers' game, Game Shakers is besieged by angry, crazy fans. Babe uses the secret level to go on a date with Mason Kendal.
School of Rock - "Wouldn't It Be Nice?" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Summer's failed attempt to share a locker with Freddy sets off a chain reaction of locker-switching that puts the entire band out of sync. Guest Star: Brec Bassinger
Saturday, September 24
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Watch Norm on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Catch Mark on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.