Wednesday, July 31, 2013
We continue our look at the fall 2013 cable and digital TV schedules today with Comedy Central. They will be adding reruns of Community to its line-up, as we all know. We now have the premiere date and airtimes. The comedy will launch on Comedy Central with a marathon on Sunday, Sept. 15 from 12pm-5pm. Its regular airings will begin on Friday, Sept. 20 with a block from 9-11pm starting with season one. It will air Tuesdays-Fridays as well starting with season three episodes at 4:30pm beginning Sept. 24, replacing one airing of Futurama. So, Tues-Fri at 4:30pm and Fridays 9-11pm. On late Sunday nights (early Monday mornings), Community will air from 3-4am (a replay of one of the Friday hours). Community will also be airing on local broadcast syndication this fall, so check your listings. Leading up to the premiere of Community, Comedy Central will air "Community Fridays" with themed shows and movies. On Friday, Sept. 6, there will be a block of South Park and on Sept. 13 the film Hot Tub Time Machine will air. Elsewhere, 30 Rock, It's Always Sunny and Philadelphia, South Park and Futurama are among the series that air during weekdays. The network no long is airing Scrubs and 30 Rock has been relegated to just Thursdays from 11:30am-1pm. Originals wise, The Comedy Central Roast of James Franco special will premiere on Monday, Sept. 2 at 10. Tosh.0 and Brickleberry will air new episodes on Tuesdays beginning Sept. 3 at 10. Key & Peele will have its third season premiere on Wednesday, Sept. 18 at 10:30pm. Comedy Central will present a 21-hour South Park marathon beginning at 9pm on Saturday, Sept. 21 and ending at 9pm on Sunday, Sept. 22 (there is only a break from 5-8am). The marathon is to promote the season 17 premiere on Wednesday, Sept. 25 at 10pm. Discuss the Comedy Central Fall 2013 schedule on our message board. The TCA Summer 2013 press tour continues and The CW was up yesterday, so we will give you a recap of their announcements. The CW Network has shifted some premiere dates of its 2013 fall season schedule, allowing for additional exposure and time to launch. The series premiere of The Originals will now debut on a special night and time on Thursday, October 3 at 9:00pm ET. The Originals series premiere will follow the season premiere of The Vampire Diaries, which is now bowing one week earlier than previously announced, now on Thursday, October 3 at 8:00pm ET giving The Originals the additional exposure of premiering behind the network's highest-rated series. The following week, The Originals will then move to its regularly scheduled night and time Tuesday, October 8 at 8:00pm ET, followed by the 9th season premiere of Supernatural at 9:00pm ET, also a week earlier than previously announced. An encore of The Originals second episode will air Thursday, October 10 at 9:00pm ET, again following an original episode of The Vampire Diaries. The CW will launch the highly anticipated premiere of its Mary, Queen of Scots drama, Reign, on Thursday, October 17 at 9:00pm ET, a week later than previously announced, allowing for even more time and opportunity to promote the series. In other news, The CW will keep the laughs coming, giving its hit improvisational comedy series, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, a second season order of 24 all-new, half-hour episodes. The premiere date and time for the second season will be announced at a later date. The series returned to the airwaves with a bang this summer, with its premiere delivering The CW's most watched show (2.9 million viewers) in its time period (Tuesday, 8 pm) in nearly five years, and was the network's most watched unscripted series premiere in six years. There were show panels with the casts and producers of the following series: Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Reign, The Originals, , and The Tomorrow People. Today there will be set visits and Hulu is presenting. The broadcast portion continues tomorrow with Fox up.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, October 23
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of last season’s Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-a-Witch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
The Simpsons - "Trust But Clarify" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
Son of Zorn - "A Taste of Zephyria" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After learning how Zephyria is depicted in the media, Zorn attempts to teach Alan about his culture. Meanwhile, Edie wages war with her new neighbors over their talking garden gnome.
Family Guy - "Inside Family Guy" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
FAMILY GUY takes viewers behind the scenes of a regular “FAMILY GUY” production week, with James Woods as the guide. See the ins-and-outs of what goes into the making of a “FAMILY GUY” episode and watch the drama unfold as Peter is replaced and ends up in the office of Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman to pitch his very own new series.
The Last Man on Earth - "Five Hoda Kotbs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
A post-apocalyptic road trip has everyone at war with each other and Gail is really pushed to her breaking point.
Bizaardvark - "Spoiler Alert: Belissa Returns" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Paige and Frankie hit a writing slump and other bad things start happening to them, Paige begins to think they are cursed; Amelia and Dirk are at odds when the lifestyle Diva declutters the Dare Lair.
Sunday, October 23
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.