Wednesday, July 03, 2013
TVGN (TV Guide Network) has added a few more series to its line-up. They have quietly added the '90s sitcom The Naked Truth to its weekday line-up and drama NUMB3RS to the Monday primetime line-up. The Naked Truth is airing weekdays at 1:00pm & 1:30pm following a block of Cheers from 11am-1pm. Cheers was added on June 15 and also airs weekdays from 5-7pm, as we previously mentioned. With the addition of The Young & the Restless at 7pm, TVGN has moved Who's the Boss? to 3-5pm following Designing Women from 2-3pm. Designing Women is also airing 9-10am, as a result now Ugly Betty is off of the line-up. The comedy-drama was airing weekdays from 9-11am, but now the aforementioned Designing Women airing is 9-10am and The Young & the Restless is at 10am. As for NUMB3RS, the mathematical drama is airing every Monday night in primetime at 8pm & 9pm. NUMB3RS can also be seen on MyNetwork TV on Wednesday nights and is no longer airing on Hallmark Channel/Hallmark Movie Channel. Back to The Naked Truth, the series lasted three seasons (first on ABC then the last two seasons on NBC) but it has aired on cable in reruns in the past. It aired on USA Network in the late '90s before popping up on WE tv in the early 2000's. The series starred Téa Leoni and co-starred Holland Taylor. The show took place at the office of a tabloid news publication. Stay with us for continued updates on TVGN and we hope even more sitcoms are added soon!
Nickelodeon conjures up some supernatural fun in the brand-new live-action multi-camera comedy series, The Haunted Hathaways, debuting Saturday, July 13, at 8:30 p.m. (ET/PT). Created by veteran comedy writer-producer Robert Peacock (Reba, The Jeff Foxworthy Show), the scripted half-hour series features a talented ensemble cast and chronicles the journey of Michelle Hathaway and her two daughters Taylor and Frankie, as they move to New Orleans only to discover that their new home is already being occupied by a dad and his sons... who happen to be ghosts. New episodes of The Haunted Hathaways will air regularly Saturdays at 8:30 p.m. (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon, and will also be available the day after air on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, Xbox Video, Vudu and other Download To Own storefronts. The Haunted Hathaways follows the adventures of a not-so-typical blended family. When Michelle Hathaway (Ginifer King) relocates to New Orleans, LA., to open a bakery with her daughters Taylor (Amber Montana) and Frankie (Breanna Yde), they quickly learn that life in the "Big Easy" is very different. Unbeknownst to them, their new home is already occupied by a ghost family comprised of jazz musician father Ray Preston (Chico Benymon), and his sons Miles (Curtis Harris) and Louie (Benjamin "Lil P-Nut" Flores Jr.). After agreeing to live under one roof, they come to care about and rely on one another while driving each other crazy-- just like any normal family would. Though leery at first, the Hathaways soon discover how much fun life can be when living with ghosts. 20 episodes have been ordered.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 23
Downward Dog - "Boundaries" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Nan installs an automatic dog door so she can take away Jason’s key but still keep him as Martin’s dog walker, Martin is convinced he can suddenly open doors with his mind, and the new-found power goes to his head. Meanwhile at work, Nan’s boss is unable to understand the new ad campaign Nan sold to the corporate bosses, and he spirals into confusion.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bank Job" / "Crime & Punishment" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jake and Rosa continue their search for a bank-robbing operation with Lieutenant Hawkins (guest star Gina Gershon), they realize there’s more to her team than meets the eye. After discovering a dangerous secret, they call for back-up from Holt and Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). Meanwhile, Boyle objects to Gina’s new boyfriend (guest star Ryan Phillipe). Then, Jake and Rosa are framed for a crime they didn’t commit, it’s up to the Nine-Nine to find a way to bust them out.
Great News - "Carol Has a Bully" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Carol (Andrea Martin) has a midterm she must pass in order to keep her internship. Katie (Briga Heelan) needs to choose between helping her mom and focusing on her hacking story, which she can't seem to crack. Meanwhile, Greg's (Adam Campbell) wealthy estranged grandmother (guest star Christina Pickles) pays a visit to the office. Chuck (John Michael Higgins) finds her cold and cruel, but almost immediately falls in love with her.
Great News - "Carol's Eleven" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) makes a huge discovery about the story she's been chasing and, with the help of Carol (Andrea Martin) and the rest of the staff, concocts a scheme to get the story out. Greg (Adam Campbell) struggles with balancing his conflicting loyalties to his family, co-workers and conscience.
Mann & Wife - "Mann, Shut Yo Mouth" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Struggling to solve a tough case, an exhausted Daniel falls asleep and wakes up in a 70's blaxploitation cop show.
Tuesday, May 23
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Catch Terry on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rob Huebel (Trasparent/Burning Love) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to The Captain/Gary Unmarried), Andrew Santino (I'm Dying Up Here/Sin City Saints) and Erik Griffin (I'm Dying Up Here) - Al, Andrew and Erik are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (I'm Dying Up Here/Bad Teacher) - Ari stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ben Falcone (Nobodies/A to Z/Joey) - Ben drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim talks about her new book Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and The Big Bang Theory on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle teams up with Clinton Kelly to grill up a great entrée on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nicole Byer ( Loosely Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- The Love Boat Cast - The cast of The Love Boat reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on AOL Build Show 4pm.