Wednesday, July 03, 2013
TVGN (TV Guide Network) has added a few more series to its line-up. They have quietly added the '90s sitcom The Naked Truth to its weekday line-up and drama NUMB3RS to the Monday primetime line-up. The Naked Truth is airing weekdays at 1:00pm & 1:30pm following a block of Cheers from 11am-1pm. Cheers was added on June 15 and also airs weekdays from 5-7pm, as we previously mentioned. With the addition of The Young & the Restless at 7pm, TVGN has moved Who's the Boss? to 3-5pm following Designing Women from 2-3pm. Designing Women is also airing 9-10am, as a result now Ugly Betty is off of the line-up. The comedy-drama was airing weekdays from 9-11am, but now the aforementioned Designing Women airing is 9-10am and The Young & the Restless is at 10am. As for NUMB3RS, the mathematical drama is airing every Monday night in primetime at 8pm & 9pm. NUMB3RS can also be seen on MyNetwork TV on Wednesday nights and is no longer airing on Hallmark Channel/Hallmark Movie Channel. Back to The Naked Truth, the series lasted three seasons (first on ABC then the last two seasons on NBC) but it has aired on cable in reruns in the past. It aired on USA Network in the late '90s before popping up on WE tv in the early 2000's. The series starred Téa Leoni and co-starred Holland Taylor. The show took place at the office of a tabloid news publication. Stay with us for continued updates on TVGN and we hope even more sitcoms are added soon!
Nickelodeon conjures up some supernatural fun in the brand-new live-action multi-camera comedy series, The Haunted Hathaways, debuting Saturday, July 13, at 8:30 p.m. (ET/PT). Created by veteran comedy writer-producer Robert Peacock (Reba, The Jeff Foxworthy Show), the scripted half-hour series features a talented ensemble cast and chronicles the journey of Michelle Hathaway and her two daughters Taylor and Frankie, as they move to New Orleans only to discover that their new home is already being occupied by a dad and his sons... who happen to be ghosts. New episodes of The Haunted Hathaways will air regularly Saturdays at 8:30 p.m. (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon, and will also be available the day after air on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, Xbox Video, Vudu and other Download To Own storefronts. The Haunted Hathaways follows the adventures of a not-so-typical blended family. When Michelle Hathaway (Ginifer King) relocates to New Orleans, LA., to open a bakery with her daughters Taylor (Amber Montana) and Frankie (Breanna Yde), they quickly learn that life in the "Big Easy" is very different. Unbeknownst to them, their new home is already occupied by a ghost family comprised of jazz musician father Ray Preston (Chico Benymon), and his sons Miles (Curtis Harris) and Louie (Benjamin "Lil P-Nut" Flores Jr.). After agreeing to live under one roof, they come to care about and rely on one another while driving each other crazy-- just like any normal family would. Though leery at first, the Hathaways soon discover how much fun life can be when living with ghosts. 20 episodes have been ordered.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.