Wednesday, July 03, 2013
TVGN (TV Guide Network) has added a few more series to its line-up. They have quietly added the '90s sitcom The Naked Truth to its weekday line-up and drama NUMB3RS to the Monday primetime line-up. The Naked Truth is airing weekdays at 1:00pm & 1:30pm following a block of Cheers from 11am-1pm. Cheers was added on June 15 and also airs weekdays from 5-7pm, as we previously mentioned. With the addition of The Young & the Restless at 7pm, TVGN has moved Who's the Boss? to 3-5pm following Designing Women from 2-3pm. Designing Women is also airing 9-10am, as a result now Ugly Betty is off of the line-up. The comedy-drama was airing weekdays from 9-11am, but now the aforementioned Designing Women airing is 9-10am and The Young & the Restless is at 10am. As for NUMB3RS, the mathematical drama is airing every Monday night in primetime at 8pm & 9pm. NUMB3RS can also be seen on MyNetwork TV on Wednesday nights and is no longer airing on Hallmark Channel/Hallmark Movie Channel. Back to The Naked Truth, the series lasted three seasons (first on ABC then the last two seasons on NBC) but it has aired on cable in reruns in the past. It aired on USA Network in the late '90s before popping up on WE tv in the early 2000's. The series starred Téa Leoni and co-starred Holland Taylor. The show took place at the office of a tabloid news publication. Stay with us for continued updates on TVGN and we hope even more sitcoms are added soon!
Nickelodeon conjures up some supernatural fun in the brand-new live-action multi-camera comedy series, The Haunted Hathaways, debuting Saturday, July 13, at 8:30 p.m. (ET/PT). Created by veteran comedy writer-producer Robert Peacock (Reba, The Jeff Foxworthy Show), the scripted half-hour series features a talented ensemble cast and chronicles the journey of Michelle Hathaway and her two daughters Taylor and Frankie, as they move to New Orleans only to discover that their new home is already being occupied by a dad and his sons... who happen to be ghosts. New episodes of The Haunted Hathaways will air regularly Saturdays at 8:30 p.m. (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon, and will also be available the day after air on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, Xbox Video, Vudu and other Download To Own storefronts. The Haunted Hathaways follows the adventures of a not-so-typical blended family. When Michelle Hathaway (Ginifer King) relocates to New Orleans, LA., to open a bakery with her daughters Taylor (Amber Montana) and Frankie (Breanna Yde), they quickly learn that life in the "Big Easy" is very different. Unbeknownst to them, their new home is already occupied by a ghost family comprised of jazz musician father Ray Preston (Chico Benymon), and his sons Miles (Curtis Harris) and Louie (Benjamin "Lil P-Nut" Flores Jr.). After agreeing to live under one roof, they come to care about and rely on one another while driving each other crazy-- just like any normal family would. Though leery at first, the Hathaways soon discover how much fun life can be when living with ghosts. 20 episodes have been ordered.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.