Wednesday, July 03, 2013
TVGN (TV Guide Network) has added a few more series to its line-up. They have quietly added the '90s sitcom The Naked Truth to its weekday line-up and drama NUMB3RS to the Monday primetime line-up. The Naked Truth is airing weekdays at 1:00pm & 1:30pm following a block of Cheers from 11am-1pm. Cheers was added on June 15 and also airs weekdays from 5-7pm, as we previously mentioned. With the addition of The Young & the Restless at 7pm, TVGN has moved Who's the Boss? to 3-5pm following Designing Women from 2-3pm. Designing Women is also airing 9-10am, as a result now Ugly Betty is off of the line-up. The comedy-drama was airing weekdays from 9-11am, but now the aforementioned Designing Women airing is 9-10am and The Young & the Restless is at 10am. As for NUMB3RS, the mathematical drama is airing every Monday night in primetime at 8pm & 9pm. NUMB3RS can also be seen on MyNetwork TV on Wednesday nights and is no longer airing on Hallmark Channel/Hallmark Movie Channel. Back to The Naked Truth, the series lasted three seasons (first on ABC then the last two seasons on NBC) but it has aired on cable in reruns in the past. It aired on USA Network in the late '90s before popping up on WE tv in the early 2000's. The series starred Téa Leoni and co-starred Holland Taylor. The show took place at the office of a tabloid news publication. Stay with us for continued updates on TVGN and we hope even more sitcoms are added soon!
Nickelodeon conjures up some supernatural fun in the brand-new live-action multi-camera comedy series, The Haunted Hathaways, debuting Saturday, July 13, at 8:30 p.m. (ET/PT). Created by veteran comedy writer-producer Robert Peacock (Reba, The Jeff Foxworthy Show), the scripted half-hour series features a talented ensemble cast and chronicles the journey of Michelle Hathaway and her two daughters Taylor and Frankie, as they move to New Orleans only to discover that their new home is already being occupied by a dad and his sons... who happen to be ghosts. New episodes of The Haunted Hathaways will air regularly Saturdays at 8:30 p.m. (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon, and will also be available the day after air on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, Xbox Video, Vudu and other Download To Own storefronts. The Haunted Hathaways follows the adventures of a not-so-typical blended family. When Michelle Hathaway (Ginifer King) relocates to New Orleans, LA., to open a bakery with her daughters Taylor (Amber Montana) and Frankie (Breanna Yde), they quickly learn that life in the "Big Easy" is very different. Unbeknownst to them, their new home is already occupied by a ghost family comprised of jazz musician father Ray Preston (Chico Benymon), and his sons Miles (Curtis Harris) and Louie (Benjamin "Lil P-Nut" Flores Jr.). After agreeing to live under one roof, they come to care about and rely on one another while driving each other crazy-- just like any normal family would. Though leery at first, the Hathaways soon discover how much fun life can be when living with ghosts. 20 episodes have been ordered.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 22
Henry Danger - "Green Fingers" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
fter Schwoz creates a disease that accidentally effects Charlotte, Henry, his family, and even Ray, he quarantines them in Henry’s house in order to find a cure.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "This Little Piggy Went to the Harpers" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When The Quads kidnap a rival soccer team’s pig mascot as a prank, they have to pass it off as Anne’s surprise birthday present in order to not get caught forgetting her birthday.
Monday, April 24
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Watch Kathryn on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about the new series I Love Dick on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Briga Heelan (Great News/Ground Floor) - Briga is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Matt Walsh (Veep), Mary Holland (Blunt Talk) and Timothy Simons (Veep) - Matt, Mary and Timothy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about making her Broadway debut in Present Laughter on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Katie Gill (Baby Daddy) - Katie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa joins Clinton Kelly in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert with an ingredient she’s never had before—Rhubarb on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate talks about 13 Reasons Why on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.