Thursday, June 06, 2013
One of television's most acclaimed comedies of all-time joins TVGN's (TV Guide Network) daytime line-up this summer with daily weekday episodes. That sitcom is Cheers and it will air beginning Monday, June 17, 2013 and air from 11:00AM-1:00PM ET/PT and 5:00–7:00PM ET/PT. To locate TVGN on cable or satellite, viewers can visit www.tvgn.tv for a channel finder. Leading up to the premiere, TVGN will air a one-hour original special The Cast of Cheers: Where Are They Now? on Monday, June 10 at 9:00PM ET/PT. The special catches up with the all-star cast including Ted Danson, John Ratzenberger, Shelley Long, Kristie Alley, Rhea Pearlman and many more, to see what they have been up to since they left their barstools behind. For a preview of The Cast of Cheers: Where Are They Now?, view the video clip below.
Back to the TVGN schedule, Cheers will replace an hour of Cybill and originals from 11am-1pm, while the 5-7pm block is replacing an hour each of Designing Women and Who's the Boss? The schedule will now be Ugly Betty still from 9-11am, Cheers from 11am-1pm, specials at 1pm, Designing Women from 2pm-4pm, Who's the Boss? 4-5pm, Cheers from 5-7pm, and more Who's the Boss? from 7-8pm. As of now, it looks like Cybill and Early Edition will be off the schedule. The network will add same day runs of Young & the Restless soon to weekdays at 7pm but first the special The Young & the Restless On-Set: inFANity will premiere Monday, June 17 at 9pm. Stay with us for updates.
Cheers will actually launch with a marathon prior to its June 17 regular schedule debut. On Saturday, June 15 from 12:00 Noon–8:00PM ET/PT, viewers can tune-in for "Cliff Notes," an eight-hour marathon of back-to-back fan favorite episodes hosted by John Ratzenberger, who of course played the role of Cliff Clavin on Cheers. John reminisces about his time on the long-running sitcom with insider stories and fun facts about the show. If you don't know, Cheers focuses on the colorful staff and off-beat patrons of a friendly Boston bar owned by a former Red Sox pitcher where "everybody knows your name." The sitcom starred Ted Danson as Sam Malone, Shelley Long as Diane Chambers, Kirstie Alley as Rebecca Howe, Nick Colasanto as Coach, Rhea Perlman as Carla Tortelli, George Wendt as Norm, John Ratzenberger as Cliff, Woody Harrelson as Woody and Kelsey Grammer as Dr. Frasier Crane. The sitcom will continue to air on the other networks it airs on (Hallmark Channel, ReelzChannel TV and USA Network).
Actor and comedian Tracy Morgan has closed a deal to star in the FX Networks comedy series pilot, Death Pact, from Rob Long and Tad Safran. Production of the single-camera, half-hour pilot episode will take place this summer in New York or New Jersey. Death Pact was co-created by Rob Long (Sullivan & Son, Cheers) and Tad Safran (The Long Weekend), who also serve as Executive Producers/Writers. Eric Tannenbaum and Kim Tannenbaum (Two and a Half Men and the new CBS comedy We Are Men) of the Tannenbaum Company are Executive Producers. Death Pact is produced by FX Productions. In Death Pact, Morgan stars as a formerly lazy, pot-dealing assistant high school coach, who returns to his hometown as a decorated war hero. He runs across three down-on-their-luck friends and former students and sucks them into his new radical self-help philosophy, which involves harsh consequences for failure. Stay with us for continued updates and if this series gets picked-up to series or not. Right now it is just a pilot.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.