Wednesday, July 17, 2013
At last, ABC has announced its fall premiere dates for Fall 2013. 20/20 will officially kick-off its new season on Friday, Sept. 6 at 10pm. The actual series launches will begin on Monday, Sept. 16, as Dancing with the Stars premieres a week earlier than normal from 8-10pm to try and get a head start on the season and now that it doesn't have a Results Show, likely the first elimination will happen towards the end of the second week on Monday night. Dancing's Monday counterpart Castle will launch its new season a week later on the official start of the TV season on Monday, Sept. 23 at 10pm. ABC will launch their Friday series earlier this season, as the last few years they have used an hour on Fridays for encores. This season, all the 8-10pm series will premiere on Friday, Sept. 20 starting with the season premiere of Last Man Standing at 8pm followed by the new night for The Neighbors at 8:30pm. Then it's time to sink or swim with the sharks on an all-new season of Shark Tank at 9|8c leading into 20/20. ABC Tuesday will be brand new from top to bottom and all the shows will premiere on the same night on Tuesday, Sept. 24. First up, is probably the most anticipated new series of the season in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. at 8pm leading into likely the most promising new family comedy of the season (and set in the '80s!), The Goldbergs at 9pm. Fellow new family comedy Trophy Wife will follow at 9:30pm. At 10pm, ABC gambles with Lucky 7, a new drama that is a big swing. The next night, ABC Comedy Wednesday returns on Wednesday, Sept. 25 with a new season of laughs starting with the season premiere of The Middle at 8pm, followed by the series premiere of the new family comedy Back in the Game at 8:30pm. At 9pm, ABC will bring back its tentpole Modern Family with a special one-hour premiere event to launch the second season of the critically-acclaimed drama Nashville at 10pm. ABC's new comedy Super Fun Night starring Rebel Wilson will launch a week later on Wednesday, Oct. 2 at 9:30pm. Onto Thursdays, ABC will launch season ten of Grey's Anatomy with a special two-hour premiere event from 9-11pm on Thursday, Sept. 26. Sizzling drama Scandal will return the following week on Thursday, Oct. 3 at 10pm for its third season. ABC has not announced what will air at 8pm on the first two Thursdays of the season, but the Once Upon a Time spin-off series Once Upon a Time in Wonderland will premiere on Thursday, Oct 10 at 8|7c to try and help this time period. ABC Saturday Night College Football will air all fall on Saturday nights. And finally on Sundays, returning dramas Once Upon a Time and Revenge both return in their 8pm & 9pm time periods on Sunday, Sept. 29. New drama Betrayal will premiere at 10|9c also on Sept. 29. ABC will once again premiere America's Funniest Home Videos on the second week of the season on Sunday, Oct. 6 at 7pm. Probably a Once Upon a Time clip-show or season finale encore will once again air on the first Sunday of the season at 7pm, but stay tuned for details at a later date.
TBS has picked up Twentieth Century Fox Television's animated hit American Dad! as an original series, beginning with the show's 11th season in 2014. Created by Seth MacFarlane, Mike Barker and Matt Weitzman, American Dad! will join TBS's primetime lineup in late 2014. Sister network Adult Swim is set to present encores of each episode after initial airings on TBS. American Dad!, which will begin its 10th and final season on the Fox television network this fall, is executive-produced by MacFarlane, Barker and Weitzman. TBS has ordered 15 episodes for season 11. TBS and Adult Swim are no strangers to the Seth MacFarlane universe, having aired reruns of American Dad! and MacFarlane's Family Guy throughout the networks' lineups. TBS currently airs American Dad! reruns weekdays at 1 and 1:30 p.m. (ET/PT). Adult Swim presents reruns of the show Tuesday-Friday at 10 p.m. (ET/PT), Monday-Friday at 10:30 p.m. (ET/PT) and Saturdays at 9:30 p.m. (ET/PT). This is the second Fox comedy to move to cable. First was of course Futurama going from Fox to Comedy central, but that had a cancelation in between. American Dad! has aired non-stop on Fox and will move to TBS immediately following its run on Fox. Since premiering on Fox in 2005, American Dad! has earned several industry accolades, including two Emmy(R) nominations for Outstanding Animated Program, two Annie Award nominations and seven Teen Choice Award nominations. In 2012, it took home the top television series prize at the ASCAP Film & Television Music Awards. Stay with us for continued updates as we get closer to 2014.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.