Wednesday, July 17, 2013
At last, ABC has announced its fall premiere dates for Fall 2013. 20/20 will officially kick-off its new season on Friday, Sept. 6 at 10pm. The actual series launches will begin on Monday, Sept. 16, as Dancing with the Stars premieres a week earlier than normal from 8-10pm to try and get a head start on the season and now that it doesn't have a Results Show, likely the first elimination will happen towards the end of the second week on Monday night. Dancing's Monday counterpart Castle will launch its new season a week later on the official start of the TV season on Monday, Sept. 23 at 10pm. ABC will launch their Friday series earlier this season, as the last few years they have used an hour on Fridays for encores. This season, all the 8-10pm series will premiere on Friday, Sept. 20 starting with the season premiere of Last Man Standing at 8pm followed by the new night for The Neighbors at 8:30pm. Then it's time to sink or swim with the sharks on an all-new season of Shark Tank at 9|8c leading into 20/20. ABC Tuesday will be brand new from top to bottom and all the shows will premiere on the same night on Tuesday, Sept. 24. First up, is probably the most anticipated new series of the season in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. at 8pm leading into likely the most promising new family comedy of the season (and set in the '80s!), The Goldbergs at 9pm. Fellow new family comedy Trophy Wife will follow at 9:30pm. At 10pm, ABC gambles with Lucky 7, a new drama that is a big swing. The next night, ABC Comedy Wednesday returns on Wednesday, Sept. 25 with a new season of laughs starting with the season premiere of The Middle at 8pm, followed by the series premiere of the new family comedy Back in the Game at 8:30pm. At 9pm, ABC will bring back its tentpole Modern Family with a special one-hour premiere event to launch the second season of the critically-acclaimed drama Nashville at 10pm. ABC's new comedy Super Fun Night starring Rebel Wilson will launch a week later on Wednesday, Oct. 2 at 9:30pm. Onto Thursdays, ABC will launch season ten of Grey's Anatomy with a special two-hour premiere event from 9-11pm on Thursday, Sept. 26. Sizzling drama Scandal will return the following week on Thursday, Oct. 3 at 10pm for its third season. ABC has not announced what will air at 8pm on the first two Thursdays of the season, but the Once Upon a Time spin-off series Once Upon a Time in Wonderland will premiere on Thursday, Oct 10 at 8|7c to try and help this time period. ABC Saturday Night College Football will air all fall on Saturday nights. And finally on Sundays, returning dramas Once Upon a Time and Revenge both return in their 8pm & 9pm time periods on Sunday, Sept. 29. New drama Betrayal will premiere at 10|9c also on Sept. 29. ABC will once again premiere America's Funniest Home Videos on the second week of the season on Sunday, Oct. 6 at 7pm. Probably a Once Upon a Time clip-show or season finale encore will once again air on the first Sunday of the season at 7pm, but stay tuned for details at a later date.
TBS has picked up Twentieth Century Fox Television's animated hit American Dad! as an original series, beginning with the show's 11th season in 2014. Created by Seth MacFarlane, Mike Barker and Matt Weitzman, American Dad! will join TBS's primetime lineup in late 2014. Sister network Adult Swim is set to present encores of each episode after initial airings on TBS. American Dad!, which will begin its 10th and final season on the Fox television network this fall, is executive-produced by MacFarlane, Barker and Weitzman. TBS has ordered 15 episodes for season 11. TBS and Adult Swim are no strangers to the Seth MacFarlane universe, having aired reruns of American Dad! and MacFarlane's Family Guy throughout the networks' lineups. TBS currently airs American Dad! reruns weekdays at 1 and 1:30 p.m. (ET/PT). Adult Swim presents reruns of the show Tuesday-Friday at 10 p.m. (ET/PT), Monday-Friday at 10:30 p.m. (ET/PT) and Saturdays at 9:30 p.m. (ET/PT). This is the second Fox comedy to move to cable. First was of course Futurama going from Fox to Comedy central, but that had a cancelation in between. American Dad! has aired non-stop on Fox and will move to TBS immediately following its run on Fox. Since premiering on Fox in 2005, American Dad! has earned several industry accolades, including two Emmy(R) nominations for Outstanding Animated Program, two Annie Award nominations and seven Teen Choice Award nominations. In 2012, it took home the top television series prize at the ASCAP Film & Television Music Awards. Stay with us for continued updates as we get closer to 2014.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 23
Downward Dog - "Boundaries" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Nan installs an automatic dog door so she can take away Jason’s key but still keep him as Martin’s dog walker, Martin is convinced he can suddenly open doors with his mind, and the new-found power goes to his head. Meanwhile at work, Nan’s boss is unable to understand the new ad campaign Nan sold to the corporate bosses, and he spirals into confusion.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bank Job" / "Crime & Punishment" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jake and Rosa continue their search for a bank-robbing operation with Lieutenant Hawkins (guest star Gina Gershon), they realize there’s more to her team than meets the eye. After discovering a dangerous secret, they call for back-up from Holt and Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). Meanwhile, Boyle objects to Gina’s new boyfriend (guest star Ryan Phillipe). Then, Jake and Rosa are framed for a crime they didn’t commit, it’s up to the Nine-Nine to find a way to bust them out.
Great News - "Carol Has a Bully" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Carol (Andrea Martin) has a midterm she must pass in order to keep her internship. Katie (Briga Heelan) needs to choose between helping her mom and focusing on her hacking story, which she can't seem to crack. Meanwhile, Greg's (Adam Campbell) wealthy estranged grandmother (guest star Christina Pickles) pays a visit to the office. Chuck (John Michael Higgins) finds her cold and cruel, but almost immediately falls in love with her.
Great News - "Carol's Eleven" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) makes a huge discovery about the story she's been chasing and, with the help of Carol (Andrea Martin) and the rest of the staff, concocts a scheme to get the story out. Greg (Adam Campbell) struggles with balancing his conflicting loyalties to his family, co-workers and conscience.
Mann & Wife - "Mann, Shut Yo Mouth" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Struggling to solve a tough case, an exhausted Daniel falls asleep and wakes up in a 70's blaxploitation cop show.
Tuesday, May 23
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Catch Terry on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rob Huebel (Trasparent/Burning Love) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to The Captain/Gary Unmarried), Andrew Santino (I'm Dying Up Here/Sin City Saints) and Erik Griffin (I'm Dying Up Here) - Al, Andrew and Erik are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (I'm Dying Up Here/Bad Teacher) - Ari stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ben Falcone (Nobodies/A to Z/Joey) - Ben drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim talks about her new book Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and The Big Bang Theory on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle teams up with Clinton Kelly to grill up a great entrée on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nicole Byer ( Loosely Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- The Love Boat Cast - The cast of The Love Boat reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on AOL Build Show 4pm.