Thursday, July 04, 2013
Among the marathons we have already mentioned include the second annual Gidget Independence Day marathon on Antenna TV starting at 11am with every episode airing today. Locally, we have the second annual I Love Lucy marathon in New York City on WLNY-TV from 9am-9pm. Lucccccccccccy! Universal HD continues its Charlie's Angels "From the Beginning" Marathon all-day today and tomorrow! Cloo TV will have its second "Jump the Shark" marathon featuring many classic TV shows, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow (Friday, July 5) starting at 6am.
Other marathons of note include a Martin marathon on TV One from 7pm-2am (following the scheduled Living Single Wednesday block from 11am-5pm), while TV Land continues its week-long morning The Andy Griffith marathon from 8am-2pm. There is also a Steve Harvey Show marathon on Centric from 11am-9pm. SOAPnet has a Beverly Hills, 90210 Life's a Beach marathon from 10am-6pm if you still receive the network. Of course it wouldn't be the 4th of July without a Twilight Zone marathon on Syfy from 8am-6am. TNT has a marathon of the ratings hit Castle from 11am-8pm, as it continues to do well for TNT. Lifetime will turn the day over to a Real-Life Murder Movie Marathon from 8am-10pm, with stars like Dean Cain, Tom Cavanagh and Amy Davidson starring in these films. LMN will air a Perfect Movie marathon starting at 6am with stars like Josie Davis in The Perfect Assistant. AMC has a Walking Dead marathon from 1pm-3am, while ABC Family will honor the country with a National Treasure movie marathon from 12pm-11pm. BBC America goes into space again with Star Trek: The Next Generation marathon from 8am-6am. UP (formerly known as GMC), will have a Touched by an Angel marathon from 10am-9pm. ION starts the day with Without a Trace with a marathon from 2pm-8pm. And if you're into some reality TV, we have a Keeping Up with the Kardashians marathon starting at 8am on E! and a Tia & Tamera marathon on Style starting at 6am. More marathons include Chiller's 24-hour Fear Factor marathon, Encore's Back to the Future trilogy marathon starting at 6:15am, and USA Network's NCIS marathon from 6am-4am.
Firweworks in primetime are on NBC (Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular) from 8-10pm (with an abbreviated encore at 10pm). But my pick of the night for fireworks is on PBS with A Capitol Fourth live from Washington D.C. at 8pm hosted by Tom Bergeron. It was great last year and Tom returns again for the second straight year. And finally, it wouldn't be Independence Day without the movie by the same name starring Will Smith. It airs on A&E at 8pm tonight.
Our friends at TV Tango have compiled a FULL LIST of marathons today! Bring out your lawn chair, throw some burgers on the BBQ, and watch some television!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.