Thursday, July 04, 2013
Among the marathons we have already mentioned include the second annual Gidget Independence Day marathon on Antenna TV starting at 11am with every episode airing today. Locally, we have the second annual I Love Lucy marathon in New York City on WLNY-TV from 9am-9pm. Lucccccccccccy! Universal HD continues its Charlie's Angels "From the Beginning" Marathon all-day today and tomorrow! Cloo TV will have its second "Jump the Shark" marathon featuring many classic TV shows, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow (Friday, July 5) starting at 6am.
Other marathons of note include a Martin marathon on TV One from 7pm-2am (following the scheduled Living Single Wednesday block from 11am-5pm), while TV Land continues its week-long morning The Andy Griffith marathon from 8am-2pm. There is also a Steve Harvey Show marathon on Centric from 11am-9pm. SOAPnet has a Beverly Hills, 90210 Life's a Beach marathon from 10am-6pm if you still receive the network. Of course it wouldn't be the 4th of July without a Twilight Zone marathon on Syfy from 8am-6am. TNT has a marathon of the ratings hit Castle from 11am-8pm, as it continues to do well for TNT. Lifetime will turn the day over to a Real-Life Murder Movie Marathon from 8am-10pm, with stars like Dean Cain, Tom Cavanagh and Amy Davidson starring in these films. LMN will air a Perfect Movie marathon starting at 6am with stars like Josie Davis in The Perfect Assistant. AMC has a Walking Dead marathon from 1pm-3am, while ABC Family will honor the country with a National Treasure movie marathon from 12pm-11pm. BBC America goes into space again with Star Trek: The Next Generation marathon from 8am-6am. UP (formerly known as GMC), will have a Touched by an Angel marathon from 10am-9pm. ION starts the day with Without a Trace with a marathon from 2pm-8pm. And if you're into some reality TV, we have a Keeping Up with the Kardashians marathon starting at 8am on E! and a Tia & Tamera marathon on Style starting at 6am. More marathons include Chiller's 24-hour Fear Factor marathon, Encore's Back to the Future trilogy marathon starting at 6:15am, and USA Network's NCIS marathon from 6am-4am.
Firweworks in primetime are on NBC (Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular) from 8-10pm (with an abbreviated encore at 10pm). But my pick of the night for fireworks is on PBS with A Capitol Fourth live from Washington D.C. at 8pm hosted by Tom Bergeron. It was great last year and Tom returns again for the second straight year. And finally, it wouldn't be Independence Day without the movie by the same name starring Will Smith. It airs on A&E at 8pm tonight.
Our friends at TV Tango have compiled a FULL LIST of marathons today! Bring out your lawn chair, throw some burgers on the BBQ, and watch some television!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, September 28
The Goldbergs - "I Heart Video Dating" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Erica and Lainey try to find Bill a woman of interest by using new technology for dating. They recruit Adam to create a demo reel, but Beverly insists she will find someone the old fashioned way. Meanwhile, after a “failed” aptitude test, Barry decides he wants to be a gym teacher and becomes Coach Mellor’s apprentice.
Speechless - "N-E--NEW A-I--AIDE" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Maya struggles as Kenneth takes over as JJ’s full-time aide. Loving his new freedom, JJ avoids attending a physical therapy appointment, and Maya automatically blames Kenneth, using any excuse to confirm her misgivings and moves to fire him. Meanwhile, Jimmy struggles to teach Dylan the family way to not be so neighborly.
Modern Family - "A Stereotypical Day" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jay does not want to give the new family moving in across the street the wrong impression and goes out of his way to make sure they know he is the best kind of neighbor, while Manny decides that the best way to an attractive and radical-thinking teenage girl’s heart is through his actions. Meanwhile, at the Pritchett house, the entire family is using Alex’s recent bout of mono to their advantage. Finally, Cam and Mitchell have always felt they were the most open, non-judgmental and supportive parents. However, when they overhear Lily insulting her new friend, they have to take a quick look in the mirror before they teach her a lesson about acceptance.
black-ish - "God" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Dre discovers that Zoey is questioning her belief in God, he undergoes a crisis of faith and leans on family members and coworkers for their input. Meanwhile, Bow’s brother Johan comes to stay with The Johnsons after living abroad and becomes an instant thorn in Dre’s side.
Younger - "A Kiss is Just a Kiss" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Liza sends Caitlin off to college and struggles to weigh her feelings for both Josh and Charles.
Impastor - "The Devil Went Down to Ladner" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Buddy’s attempt to outfox the detectives backfires. Dora, Alexa, and Russell suspect something ominous is going on with their new pastor. Schmidt learns the truth about Ashlee.
You're the Worst - "Twenty-Two" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Edgar spends the day trying to find some relief for his PTSD.
Wednesday, September 28
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Watch Sarah on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Daveed Diggs (black-ish) - Daveed stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings and on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - Wilmer visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down/Men Behaving Badly) - Ken is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ted Danson (The Good Place/Becker/Cheers) - Ted stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) and John Goodman (Roseanne) - Nathan and John talk about The Front Page on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Hilary Duff (Younger/Lizzie McGuire) and Debbie Mazar (Younger/Entourage/Working) - Hilary and Debbie talk about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. Hilary will also be on People Now at 8:30am.
- The Cast of Impastor - Michael Rosenbaum, Sara Rue, Mircea Monroe, David Rasche and Mike Kosinski discuss Impastor on the AOL Build Show at 12pm and on Facebook Live. Sara will also be on PIX Morning News on WPIX in New York.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.