Thursday, July 04, 2013
Among the marathons we have already mentioned include the second annual Gidget Independence Day marathon on Antenna TV starting at 11am with every episode airing today. Locally, we have the second annual I Love Lucy marathon in New York City on WLNY-TV from 9am-9pm. Lucccccccccccy! Universal HD continues its Charlie's Angels "From the Beginning" Marathon all-day today and tomorrow! Cloo TV will have its second "Jump the Shark" marathon featuring many classic TV shows, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow (Friday, July 5) starting at 6am.
Other marathons of note include a Martin marathon on TV One from 7pm-2am (following the scheduled Living Single Wednesday block from 11am-5pm), while TV Land continues its week-long morning The Andy Griffith marathon from 8am-2pm. There is also a Steve Harvey Show marathon on Centric from 11am-9pm. SOAPnet has a Beverly Hills, 90210 Life's a Beach marathon from 10am-6pm if you still receive the network. Of course it wouldn't be the 4th of July without a Twilight Zone marathon on Syfy from 8am-6am. TNT has a marathon of the ratings hit Castle from 11am-8pm, as it continues to do well for TNT. Lifetime will turn the day over to a Real-Life Murder Movie Marathon from 8am-10pm, with stars like Dean Cain, Tom Cavanagh and Amy Davidson starring in these films. LMN will air a Perfect Movie marathon starting at 6am with stars like Josie Davis in The Perfect Assistant. AMC has a Walking Dead marathon from 1pm-3am, while ABC Family will honor the country with a National Treasure movie marathon from 12pm-11pm. BBC America goes into space again with Star Trek: The Next Generation marathon from 8am-6am. UP (formerly known as GMC), will have a Touched by an Angel marathon from 10am-9pm. ION starts the day with Without a Trace with a marathon from 2pm-8pm. And if you're into some reality TV, we have a Keeping Up with the Kardashians marathon starting at 8am on E! and a Tia & Tamera marathon on Style starting at 6am. More marathons include Chiller's 24-hour Fear Factor marathon, Encore's Back to the Future trilogy marathon starting at 6:15am, and USA Network's NCIS marathon from 6am-4am.
Firweworks in primetime are on NBC (Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular) from 8-10pm (with an abbreviated encore at 10pm). But my pick of the night for fireworks is on PBS with A Capitol Fourth live from Washington D.C. at 8pm hosted by Tom Bergeron. It was great last year and Tom returns again for the second straight year. And finally, it wouldn't be Independence Day without the movie by the same name starring Will Smith. It airs on A&E at 8pm tonight.
Our friends at TV Tango have compiled a FULL LIST of marathons today! Bring out your lawn chair, throw some burgers on the BBQ, and watch some television!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 28
Bunk'd - "Treehouse of Terror" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Zuri, Jorge and Tiffany enlist the support of an unexpected camper to help restore an abandoned treehouse, so they can use it as a new hangout; Emma and Lou and Ravi and Xander get competitive during a friendly game of billiards.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Do What You Gotta Do" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Joseph experiences an episode of sexual frustration due to Leslie's vow of chastity.
Friday, October 28
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - Watch John on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about The Price is Right on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine?/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Ricky stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) - Melissa looks back at her earliest memories on Clarissa Explains It All – and says she was really bossy on People Now at 8:30am.
- Damon Wayans (My Wife and Kids) - Damon is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.