Wednesday, June 26, 2013
Join Gidget on July 4th as she celebrates Independence Day with life, liberty and the pursuit of boys. Antenna TV, which airs on 77 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 66% of TV households, will air a "Gidget Independence Day" marathon beginning at 11am ET on Thursday, July 4 and running through 3am ET on Friday, July 5. The marathon will feature all 32 episodes in a 16-hour marathon from the 1965-66 series' only season run starring Sally Field. Last year Antenna TV aired every episode as well and also the feature films Gidget Goes Hawaiian (1961) and Gidget Goes to Rome (1963), but those movies will not be a part of the marathon this year. Not a big deal since Sally Field was not a star in those. Gidget regularly airs on Antenna TV every weekend from 2-3pm ET leading into Sally Field's other series, The Flying Nun from 3-4pm ET. Stay with us for continued updates on Antenna TV as we near the fall schedule announcement which will include new series like Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie.
Chiller has acquired the basic cable rights to the short-lived drama The River from Disney ABC Domestic Television. The series aired on ABC last winter (2012) for eight episodes and starred Bruce Greenwood, Joe Anderson, Leslie Hope, Eloise Mumford and Paul Blackthorne. It was a horror series from Oren Peli. The series was announced as a eight-episode epic event and had a conclusion. There was an option to continue it beyond a first season but the ratings weren't that good for it to continue. Once ABC canceled it, there was talks of airing a second season on Netflix but it never happened. Anyway, Chiller will air all eight episodes starting Sunday, August 4 at 8:00pm. The drama will air every Sunday at 8:00pm, so now is your chance if you haven't watched any of it. And if you're a fan, you can watch it all over again for eight weeks. In this series, Dr. Emmet Cole, beloved adventurer and television personality goes missing deep in the Amazon and his family and friends abandon hope and hold a memorial service to commemorate his amazing life, but six months later Emmet's location beacon mysteriously begins to relay a signal...and the search is back on in full force.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, January 16
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin vs. the Dutch Elm" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Kevin tries to charm his neighbor into giving him permission to cut down one of her trees, he becomes intimidated by her imposing son, Rutger (retired MMA Fighter and UFC Heavyweight Champion Bas Rutten), and invites them over for a non-existent party.
Man with a Plan - "A Dinner Gone Wrong" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Andi and Marcy realize they were rivals in high school, Adam and Don are dragged into the feud and forced to take sides.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Stalking Dead" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Max and Caroline get their big break when they’re cast as zombie extras after they finally arrive at the movie set in Texas where Randy is working. Back at home, Han and Oleg try their hand at construction after they fire the contractor working on the dessert bar. Beth Littleford guest stars as Bonnie, the assistant director of the zombie movie.
The Odd Couple - "Batman vs. The Penguin" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Murph gets Oscar to agree to participate in a regular TV segment where he competes with a penguin at the zoo to predict the winners of hockey games. Also, Emily and Felix take their first steps to becoming just friends. Former professional hockey player Luc Robitaille guest stars as himself.
Monday, January 16
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Watch Michael on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- B.J. Novak (The Office) - B.J. visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Hodgman (Married) - John is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Eugene Mirman (Bob's Burgers) - Eugene appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss will be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo chats on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Craig Robinson (Mr. Robinson/The Office) - Craig is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael talks about The Founder on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The College Years) - Mario appears on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.