Monday, June 24, 2013
Cloo's 2nd Classic TV Jump the Shark Marathon; WLNY-TV New York's 2nd Annual I Love Lucy 4th of July Marathon
We hinted last week that Cloo will have a special event coming up soon and now we can tell you what that is! On Friday, July 5, 2013, Cloo presents its second "Jump the Shark" Marathon! A 24-hour party full of classic TV all day and all night with "jump the shark" moments. The first one was back in November, as we announced. There comes a time when a long running television series desperately tries to keep viewers' interest. These gimmicks started when Fonzie "Jumped the Shark" on Happy Days. Cloo is celebrating these classic television moments with an all-day marathon featuring Get Smart, Bosom Buddies, Family Ties, Mork & Mindy, Laverne & Shirley, Happy Days, MacGyver, Mannix, The Unit, House, and Charlie's Angels. Among the episodes you'll see are "The Birth of a Keaton" on Family Ties, the infamous 3-part "Hollywood" episode of Happy Days, the move to Burbank on Laverne & Shirley, the wedding on Mork & Mindy, and many more.
Late in the month, Cloo will have a Cloo Classics Marathon of MacGyver on Saturday, July 20, starting at 6:00am running 24 straight hours! MacGyver airs regularly on Mondays from 1pm-6am, following classic sitcoms Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, The Odd Couple, Taxi and Mork & Mindy from 6am-1pm. Stay with us for continued updates on Cloo and the classic TV they air! We will have more news for August, so come on back!
We stick with classic TV for this second story. Last year on the 4th of July, WLNY-TV 10/55 in New York City started a tradition of airing classic TV marathons on major holidays. The first one was I Love Lucy on the 4th of July. Back by popular demand... the I Love Lucy July 4th Marathon returns for the second straight year! As usual with the WLNY-TV classic TV marathons, they will be 12-hours and start at 9:00am running to 9:00pm. The 24 classic episodes airing are: "Lucy Thinks Ricky Is Trying to Murder Her," "The Great Train Robbery," "The Seance," "Charm School," "The Handcuffs," "The Ballet," "The Million Dollar Idea," "The Diner," "Never Do Business With Friends," "Redecorating," "Lucy Wants New Furniture," "Lucy Learns to Drive," "L.A. at Last," "Staten Island Ferry," "Lucy & John Wayne," "Lucy and Bob Hope," "The Camping Trip," "The Black Eye," "Ricky Thinks He's Going Bald," "Breaking the Lease," "Job Switching," "Lucy Does a TV Commercial," "Lucy's Italian Movie" and "Return Home From Europe."
WLNY's last marathon was on Memorial Day for Happy Days. The other marathons they have aired in the last year were I Dream of Jeannie for President's Day, The Odd Couple for New Year's, Taxi for Thanksgiving, The Munsters for Halloween, and The Andy Griffith Show for Labor Day. Will these shows also become annual traditions like Lucy or will they change the shows up? We shall see, so stay tuned! We hope more holidays are added, perhaps Love American Style or The Love Boat for Valentine's Day, Columbo on Columbus Day, or a classic TV holiday episode marathon on Christmas?
Watch the I Love Lucy July 4th Marathon promo:
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, March 26
The Simpsons - "Dad Behavior" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer finds a new app that makes his life much easier and outsources his father-son bonding. Meanwhile, Grampa finds that he is about to be a father again.
Bob's Burgers - "Aquaticism" / "Ain't Miss Debatin'" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Tina learns that the aquarium is in danger of closing, the Belcher children devise a scheme to keep it running. Meanwhile, Bob realizes that he could learn a thing or two from Linda’s customer service skills. Then, when Tina is recruited by the debate team, she finds unexpected success and an even more unexpected relationship. Meanwhile, Louise and Gene convince their parents to help fund a stop-motion movie focusing on a surprising subject matter.
Making History - "Chadwick's Angels" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
In need of a victory, the trio heads back to the 1990s to give Dan another shot at his childhood dream: finishing the infamous “Bellybuster” ice cream sundae at a local parlor. As Deb bonds with the parlor’s owner, Chris is on a mission to save a life in honor of his late British friend. But all of their plans are derailed when Dan runs into the bully that tormented him.
Family Guy - "Peter's Lost Youth" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter gets jealous of Lois when she upstages him at a Red Sox fantasy baseball camp. Meanwhile, Stewie runs away from home when Meg is left to babysit him.
The Last Man on Earth - "Find This Thing We Need To" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Carol makes a big discovery, enlisting Tandy and Erica to help her track down some answers. Meanwhile, Todd has a major breakthrough with Melissa.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.