Monday, February 18, 2013
TV Land Picks-Up Kirstie Alley's New Show for Fall 2013; Worst Audition Ever Back with Breakup Show, Plus 2 More Shows In March/April
Kirstie Alley's TV Land sitcom pilot has now been picked-up to series! Multiple Emmy® Award-winner Kirstie Alley is lighting up the stage on TV Land as the network picks up Kirstie's New Show (previously titled Giant Baby), a new sitcom revolving around Alley as Broadway star Madison Banks. The sitcom reunites the actress with longtime friend and former Cheers co-star Rhea Perlman and pairs them with famed Seinfeld actor Michael Richards, both of whom have won multiple Emmy® Awards as well. Kirstie's New Show also stars Eric Petersen (Shrek: The Musical) and will premiere in Fall 2013 with 12 episodes and will join other TV Land original comedies like Hot in Cleveland, The Exes, Happily Divorced and The Soul Man.
Kirstie's New Show revolves around Madison "Maddie" Banks, a renowned Broadway star who finds her life turned upside down when Arlo (Petersen), the son she gave up at birth, suddenly appears hoping to connect after his adoptive parents have died. However, Maddie doesn't exactly see nerdy and schlubby Arlo fitting in with her luxurious lifestyle. But when Maddie's assistant and best friend, Thelma (Perlman), and outlandish driver Frank (Richards) encourage her to give Arlo a chance, Maddie is shocked to find that perhaps she has motherly instincts after all. The pilot is written and executive produced by Marco Pennette and is also executive produced by Kirstie Alley and Jason Weinberg. Larry W. Jones and Keith Cox serve as executive producers for TV Land. We hope to see her Dancing with the Stars dance partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy guest star, along with host Tom Bergeron. Stay with us for continued updates and a premiere date and time in the coming months! Go Kirstie!
See a video preview of the series as Kirstie Alley takes to the streets of New York City to announce the series:
On Tuesday, Feb. 26, the hilarious night of live comedy Worst Audition Ever is back with the Worst Breakup Ever edition for some post Valentine's Day hijinks! The show recently had a three-month/six-show run in the fall (Sept-Nov)and is back this winter and spring (Feb-April)! Let's face it, opening your heart up isn't easy and there are a lot of bumps (and humps) along the way. Come and commiserate at Worst Breakup Ever! Laugh along with an evening of real people opening their souls with hilarious stories of awkward and crushing breakups with lovers, co-workers and friends! Laugh and cringe as you relive some of your own agonizing experiences - because pain is best served funny and with cocktails. The festivities will be hosted by Deanna Pappas (The Bachelorette) and will feature real-life breakup stories from Andy Dick (NewsRadio, Less than Perfect), Sarah Collette-Wagner, Alex Fanuele, Larry Poindexter, and Danielle Thorpe! Sounds like a lot of fun and if Andy Dick is in the house, you know you'll be in store for some comedy!
Tickets are only $20 as usual and I promise you from experience that you'll have a great time! Go and order your ticket if you are in L.A. or will be in the L.A. area next Tuesday! It will be at the Cavern Club Theater on 1920 Hyperion Ave. in Los Angeles, CA. This will be the first of a three-month show, with another one slated for Tuesday, March 26, which is in the regular format of Worst Audition Ever and on Tuesday, April 30 for Worst Vacation Ever! Stay with us for info on the hosts and celebs for those two shows in the near future! But for now order your tickets for next week's show and you'll even get to meet these cool stars after the show and also the awesome producers: Christine Lakin (Step by Step, Lovin' Lakin), Alec Ledd (Internet Icon), Daniel A. Miles and Corri English (Holliston)! It's a night of fun!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.