Monday, February 18, 2013
TV Land Picks-Up Kirstie Alley's New Show for Fall 2013; Worst Audition Ever Back with Breakup Show, Plus 2 More Shows In March/April
Kirstie Alley's TV Land sitcom pilot has now been picked-up to series! Multiple Emmy® Award-winner Kirstie Alley is lighting up the stage on TV Land as the network picks up Kirstie's New Show (previously titled Giant Baby), a new sitcom revolving around Alley as Broadway star Madison Banks. The sitcom reunites the actress with longtime friend and former Cheers co-star Rhea Perlman and pairs them with famed Seinfeld actor Michael Richards, both of whom have won multiple Emmy® Awards as well. Kirstie's New Show also stars Eric Petersen (Shrek: The Musical) and will premiere in Fall 2013 with 12 episodes and will join other TV Land original comedies like Hot in Cleveland, The Exes, Happily Divorced and The Soul Man.
Kirstie's New Show revolves around Madison "Maddie" Banks, a renowned Broadway star who finds her life turned upside down when Arlo (Petersen), the son she gave up at birth, suddenly appears hoping to connect after his adoptive parents have died. However, Maddie doesn't exactly see nerdy and schlubby Arlo fitting in with her luxurious lifestyle. But when Maddie's assistant and best friend, Thelma (Perlman), and outlandish driver Frank (Richards) encourage her to give Arlo a chance, Maddie is shocked to find that perhaps she has motherly instincts after all. The pilot is written and executive produced by Marco Pennette and is also executive produced by Kirstie Alley and Jason Weinberg. Larry W. Jones and Keith Cox serve as executive producers for TV Land. We hope to see her Dancing with the Stars dance partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy guest star, along with host Tom Bergeron. Stay with us for continued updates and a premiere date and time in the coming months! Go Kirstie!
See a video preview of the series as Kirstie Alley takes to the streets of New York City to announce the series:
On Tuesday, Feb. 26, the hilarious night of live comedy Worst Audition Ever is back with the Worst Breakup Ever edition for some post Valentine's Day hijinks! The show recently had a three-month/six-show run in the fall (Sept-Nov)and is back this winter and spring (Feb-April)! Let's face it, opening your heart up isn't easy and there are a lot of bumps (and humps) along the way. Come and commiserate at Worst Breakup Ever! Laugh along with an evening of real people opening their souls with hilarious stories of awkward and crushing breakups with lovers, co-workers and friends! Laugh and cringe as you relive some of your own agonizing experiences - because pain is best served funny and with cocktails. The festivities will be hosted by Deanna Pappas (The Bachelorette) and will feature real-life breakup stories from Andy Dick (NewsRadio, Less than Perfect), Sarah Collette-Wagner, Alex Fanuele, Larry Poindexter, and Danielle Thorpe! Sounds like a lot of fun and if Andy Dick is in the house, you know you'll be in store for some comedy!
Tickets are only $20 as usual and I promise you from experience that you'll have a great time! Go and order your ticket if you are in L.A. or will be in the L.A. area next Tuesday! It will be at the Cavern Club Theater on 1920 Hyperion Ave. in Los Angeles, CA. This will be the first of a three-month show, with another one slated for Tuesday, March 26, which is in the regular format of Worst Audition Ever and on Tuesday, April 30 for Worst Vacation Ever! Stay with us for info on the hosts and celebs for those two shows in the near future! But for now order your tickets for next week's show and you'll even get to meet these cool stars after the show and also the awesome producers: Christine Lakin (Step by Step, Lovin' Lakin), Alec Ledd (Internet Icon), Daniel A. Miles and Corri English (Holliston)! It's a night of fun!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, March 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Brain Bowl Incubation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a successful experiment combining their genes, Sheldon will stop at nothing to convince Amy they should procreate. Also, Koothrappali is embarrassed to tell the gang what the new woman he’s dating does for a living.
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin's Bringing Supper Back" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin’s resolve to spend more quality time with his family is put to the ultimate test when his buddies surprise him with concert tickets to his favorite musician, fellow Long Islander Billy Joel. Multiple Grammy Award-winning pianist, singer and songwriter Billy Joel appears as himself.
Superior Donuts - "Get It, Arthur" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Randy’s mom comes to town, Franco encourages Arthur to go out on his first date in years. Brenda Vaccaro guest stars as Helen, Randy’s mom.
The Great Indoors - "Aaron Wolf" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Jack watches the millennials’ journalistic integrity slip away when they fall under the spell of his nemesis, Aaron Wolf (Chris D’Elia), a former magazine staffer turned famous outdoor reality TV host who returns to guest edit the magazine.
Monday, March 27
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.