Friday, February 08, 2013
Episodic Review: Bob's Burgers - "My Fuzzy Valentine" Airing Sunday on Fox; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of February 11, 2013)
On the next...Bob's Burgers:
Fox's Sunday Animation Domination comedy with the Belcher family airs Sunday nights at 8:30pm immediately following The Simpsons and we have just watched the next episode that airs this Sunday (Feb. 10). Love is in the air (well, sort of), in an all-new Valentine's Day-themed episode of Bob's Burgers. In the episode airing Sunday, "My Fuzzy Valentine," Bob (H. Jon Benjamin) realizes that giving Linda (John Roberts) a heart-shaped pancake for the most romantic day of the year simply doesn't cut it. To help their well-meaning father, the kids convince him to let them skip school in order to help find a gift that will "wow" their mom. Meanwhile, in the spirit of the romantic holiday, Linda sets up a speed-dating event at the restaurant that doesn't go exactly as planned, thanks to a meddlesome Sergeant Bosco, guest-voiced by Gary Cole (Desperate Housewives, Office Space).
It is a special Valentine's Day for the Belcher Family in this episode, when Bob tries to win over Linda's heart with heart-shaped flapjacks. Of course, Linda is never one to complain, but it is very obvious to the kids (and eventually Bob) that she would probably appreciate a nicer gift. This leads him and the kids on a journey around town to find a "Love Tester" machine that Bob and Linda once used... and also a day for the kids to play hooky. It should be an easy enough task, except that Hugo, the health inspector, is determined to make Bob's day miserable, and prevent him from doing anything that may possibly please Linda. But Linda seems to be pleased enough as it is back at the restaurant, as she is celebrating the holiday by starting her own speed-dating service. It doesn't really seem to matter to her that the service is a disaster, at least not until the police get involved in it. All in all, it is a bit of a hokey holiday themed episode, but it fits the tone of the series. C+
Bob's Burgers is one of those "wonders" of the Fox Sunday night lineup, as it is really not heralded as one of Fox's major series (and in fact, it plays a very low key role), but yet it is currently in the third season with a fourth to come. I really didn't like this series much at all at the beginning, but as I've watched it more, it has started to grow on me. It isn't as fast-paced or vulgar as some of the Seth MacFarlane offerings, so it makes a perfect pair for Fox mainstay The Simpsons, which airs immediately before it.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of February 11-15, 2013, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, February 11, 2013
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) - Watch Carl on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- John Goodman (Roseanne) - John visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules) - David is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker) - Catch Ted on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Craig Robinson (The Office) - Craig appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jenny McCarthy (Two and a Half Men/Jenny) - Jenny is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Jackée (The First Family/Sister, Sister/227) - Jackée sits down with Marie and discusses her new role in the sitcom, The First Family, on Marie on Hallmark Channel at 12pm.
- Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl joins co-host Clinton Kelly to make Gulf Shrimp Fritters with Remoulade and a Soda Stinger Inferno cocktail on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Regina King (227) - Regina guest co-hosts Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Watch Allison on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show) - Mila is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Lenny Venito (The Neighbors/The Knights of Prosperity) - Lenny chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. On Potluck Party day, funny man Lenny aides co-host Mario Batali who whips up an out of this world potluck classic on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Fran Drescher (Happily Divorced/The Nanny) - Fran guest co-hosts Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi) - Marilu presents her energy makeover plan on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Catch Jerry on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- George Lopez (George Lopez) - George visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Molly Shannon (Kath & Kim) - Molly appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC. Molly also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/The Knights of Prosperity/Hot Properties) - Sofia stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Jenny McCarthy (Two and a Half Men/Jenny) - Jenny is a guest on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Nene guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Helen Hunt (Mad About You) - Helen chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Meredith Baxter (Family Ties/Bridget Loves Bernie) and Michael Gross (Family Ties) - Iconic TV couples, including Meredith and Michael, are reunited on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Helen Hunt (Mad About You) - Watch Helen on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy appears on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell) - Mario is a guest on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.