Friday, February 08, 2013
Episodic Review: Bob's Burgers - "My Fuzzy Valentine" Airing Sunday on Fox; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of February 11, 2013)
On the next...Bob's Burgers:
Fox's Sunday Animation Domination comedy with the Belcher family airs Sunday nights at 8:30pm immediately following The Simpsons and we have just watched the next episode that airs this Sunday (Feb. 10). Love is in the air (well, sort of), in an all-new Valentine's Day-themed episode of Bob's Burgers. In the episode airing Sunday, "My Fuzzy Valentine," Bob (H. Jon Benjamin) realizes that giving Linda (John Roberts) a heart-shaped pancake for the most romantic day of the year simply doesn't cut it. To help their well-meaning father, the kids convince him to let them skip school in order to help find a gift that will "wow" their mom. Meanwhile, in the spirit of the romantic holiday, Linda sets up a speed-dating event at the restaurant that doesn't go exactly as planned, thanks to a meddlesome Sergeant Bosco, guest-voiced by Gary Cole (Desperate Housewives, Office Space).
It is a special Valentine's Day for the Belcher Family in this episode, when Bob tries to win over Linda's heart with heart-shaped flapjacks. Of course, Linda is never one to complain, but it is very obvious to the kids (and eventually Bob) that she would probably appreciate a nicer gift. This leads him and the kids on a journey around town to find a "Love Tester" machine that Bob and Linda once used... and also a day for the kids to play hooky. It should be an easy enough task, except that Hugo, the health inspector, is determined to make Bob's day miserable, and prevent him from doing anything that may possibly please Linda. But Linda seems to be pleased enough as it is back at the restaurant, as she is celebrating the holiday by starting her own speed-dating service. It doesn't really seem to matter to her that the service is a disaster, at least not until the police get involved in it. All in all, it is a bit of a hokey holiday themed episode, but it fits the tone of the series. C+
Bob's Burgers is one of those "wonders" of the Fox Sunday night lineup, as it is really not heralded as one of Fox's major series (and in fact, it plays a very low key role), but yet it is currently in the third season with a fourth to come. I really didn't like this series much at all at the beginning, but as I've watched it more, it has started to grow on me. It isn't as fast-paced or vulgar as some of the Seth MacFarlane offerings, so it makes a perfect pair for Fox mainstay The Simpsons, which airs immediately before it.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of February 11-15, 2013, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, February 11, 2013
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) - Watch Carl on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- John Goodman (Roseanne) - John visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules) - David is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker) - Catch Ted on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Craig Robinson (The Office) - Craig appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jenny McCarthy (Two and a Half Men/Jenny) - Jenny is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Jackée (The First Family/Sister, Sister/227) - Jackée sits down with Marie and discusses her new role in the sitcom, The First Family, on Marie on Hallmark Channel at 12pm.
- Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl joins co-host Clinton Kelly to make Gulf Shrimp Fritters with Remoulade and a Soda Stinger Inferno cocktail on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Regina King (227) - Regina guest co-hosts Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Watch Allison on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show) - Mila is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Lenny Venito (The Neighbors/The Knights of Prosperity) - Lenny chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. On Potluck Party day, funny man Lenny aides co-host Mario Batali who whips up an out of this world potluck classic on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Fran Drescher (Happily Divorced/The Nanny) - Fran guest co-hosts Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi) - Marilu presents her energy makeover plan on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Catch Jerry on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- George Lopez (George Lopez) - George visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Molly Shannon (Kath & Kim) - Molly appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC. Molly also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/The Knights of Prosperity/Hot Properties) - Sofia stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Jenny McCarthy (Two and a Half Men/Jenny) - Jenny is a guest on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Nene guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Helen Hunt (Mad About You) - Helen chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Meredith Baxter (Family Ties/Bridget Loves Bernie) and Michael Gross (Family Ties) - Iconic TV couples, including Meredith and Michael, are reunited on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Helen Hunt (Mad About You) - Watch Helen on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy appears on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell) - Mario is a guest on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, December 9
Last Man Standing - "Help Wanted" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Since losing her teaching job, Vanessa has been spending her time hovering over the family, and it’s driving everyone nuts. Over at Kristin and Ryan’s house, Ryan and Kyle are wrapped-up in a zombie face-off to determine who knows the most about zombies and how to survive an apocalypse. Unable to land a new gig, Vanessa becomes discouraged, but Mike does everything he can to get her back doing what she loves.
Dr. Ken - "Ken's Apology" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken wants to apologize to a patient for missing an important medical detail, Pat advises against it, and the situation gets out of hand. Meanwhile, D.K. shakes things up at Dave’s parent/teacher conference.
Friday, December 9
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Watch Olivia on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Tom Papa (Come to Papa) - Tom is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bella Thorne (Shake It Up) - Bella is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar (The Crazy Ones) - Sarah whips up a delicious treat on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Richard Kind (Spin City/Mad About You) - Richard is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer appears on Chelsea on Netflix.