Friday, February 08, 2013
Episodic Review: Bob's Burgers - "My Fuzzy Valentine" Airing Sunday on Fox; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of February 11, 2013)
On the next...Bob's Burgers:
Fox's Sunday Animation Domination comedy with the Belcher family airs Sunday nights at 8:30pm immediately following The Simpsons and we have just watched the next episode that airs this Sunday (Feb. 10). Love is in the air (well, sort of), in an all-new Valentine's Day-themed episode of Bob's Burgers. In the episode airing Sunday, "My Fuzzy Valentine," Bob (H. Jon Benjamin) realizes that giving Linda (John Roberts) a heart-shaped pancake for the most romantic day of the year simply doesn't cut it. To help their well-meaning father, the kids convince him to let them skip school in order to help find a gift that will "wow" their mom. Meanwhile, in the spirit of the romantic holiday, Linda sets up a speed-dating event at the restaurant that doesn't go exactly as planned, thanks to a meddlesome Sergeant Bosco, guest-voiced by Gary Cole (Desperate Housewives, Office Space).
It is a special Valentine's Day for the Belcher Family in this episode, when Bob tries to win over Linda's heart with heart-shaped flapjacks. Of course, Linda is never one to complain, but it is very obvious to the kids (and eventually Bob) that she would probably appreciate a nicer gift. This leads him and the kids on a journey around town to find a "Love Tester" machine that Bob and Linda once used... and also a day for the kids to play hooky. It should be an easy enough task, except that Hugo, the health inspector, is determined to make Bob's day miserable, and prevent him from doing anything that may possibly please Linda. But Linda seems to be pleased enough as it is back at the restaurant, as she is celebrating the holiday by starting her own speed-dating service. It doesn't really seem to matter to her that the service is a disaster, at least not until the police get involved in it. All in all, it is a bit of a hokey holiday themed episode, but it fits the tone of the series. C+
Bob's Burgers is one of those "wonders" of the Fox Sunday night lineup, as it is really not heralded as one of Fox's major series (and in fact, it plays a very low key role), but yet it is currently in the third season with a fourth to come. I really didn't like this series much at all at the beginning, but as I've watched it more, it has started to grow on me. It isn't as fast-paced or vulgar as some of the Seth MacFarlane offerings, so it makes a perfect pair for Fox mainstay The Simpsons, which airs immediately before it.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of February 11-15, 2013, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, February 11, 2013
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) - Watch Carl on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- John Goodman (Roseanne) - John visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules) - David is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker) - Catch Ted on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Craig Robinson (The Office) - Craig appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jenny McCarthy (Two and a Half Men/Jenny) - Jenny is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Jackée (The First Family/Sister, Sister/227) - Jackée sits down with Marie and discusses her new role in the sitcom, The First Family, on Marie on Hallmark Channel at 12pm.
- Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl joins co-host Clinton Kelly to make Gulf Shrimp Fritters with Remoulade and a Soda Stinger Inferno cocktail on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Regina King (227) - Regina guest co-hosts Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Watch Allison on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show) - Mila is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Lenny Venito (The Neighbors/The Knights of Prosperity) - Lenny chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. On Potluck Party day, funny man Lenny aides co-host Mario Batali who whips up an out of this world potluck classic on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Fran Drescher (Happily Divorced/The Nanny) - Fran guest co-hosts Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi) - Marilu presents her energy makeover plan on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Catch Jerry on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- George Lopez (George Lopez) - George visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Molly Shannon (Kath & Kim) - Molly appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC. Molly also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/The Knights of Prosperity/Hot Properties) - Sofia stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Jenny McCarthy (Two and a Half Men/Jenny) - Jenny is a guest on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Nene guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Helen Hunt (Mad About You) - Helen chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Meredith Baxter (Family Ties/Bridget Loves Bernie) and Michael Gross (Family Ties) - Iconic TV couples, including Meredith and Michael, are reunited on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Helen Hunt (Mad About You) - Watch Helen on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy appears on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell) - Mario is a guest on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 20
Kevin Can Wait - "Neighborhood Watch" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Donna’s cousin, Irene (Claire Coffee), comes to visit with her chatty husband, Stuart (Alexander Chaplin), Kevin concocts an elaborate plan to avoid spending time with them by forming a neighborhood watch group with his buddies, including his neighbor, Rootger (Bas Rutten).
Man with a Plan - "Kate's First Date" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Kate is asked out on her first date, Adam can’t curb his overprotective ways. Also, Don enlists Lowell’s help to buy the perfect anniversary gift for Marcy.
Superior Donuts - "Trust Me" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Arthur is reluctant to let Franco make the shop’s bank deposit, Franco accuses his boss of not trusting him. Also, James regrets confiding in Randy after she shares an embarrassing secret about him with other cops at the station.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Jessica Shmessica" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Bobby (Christopher Gorham) invites Caroline to a party to meet his family, she is eager to make a good impression but isn’t prepared for the torch that his mother and sisters still carry for Bobby’s ex-girlfriend. Also, Caroline’s nerves are even more frayed when the diner gang decides to tag along. Guest stars include Nora Dunn as Bobby’s mother, Teresa, and Kerri Kenney-Silver as his sister, Denise.
Monday, February 20
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr (M*A*S*H) - Mike, Loretta and Jamie are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Anne-Marie Johnson (What's Happening Now!!) - Anne-Marie discusses diversity at the Oscars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Regina Hall (Grandfathered) - Regina appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/The Louie Show/Life with Louie) - Louie is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.