Thursday, January 10, 2013
Today it is ABC's turn at the TCA Winter 2013 Press Tour. The festivities began with the Oscar nominations bright and early. Then back at the Langham hotel a few hours later, the press tour began with breakfast followed by two sessions with ABC Family dramas: Bunheads and Pretty Little Liars. Both dramas are airing new episodes currently and Tuesday's winter premiere of Pretty Little Liars dominated the young 18-34 demos (adults and women) in the 8pm hour, winning the hour - beating everything on broadcast. Following those sessions, it was time for an executive session with Paul Lee (President, ABC Entertainment Group). There wasn't any real announcements that were noteworthy. Among the items discussed were ABC will continue to bring in two cycles a season of Dancing with the Stars, which despite a ratings drop has continued to bring audiences of all ages. Also of note is that ABC loves Happy Endings and Don't Trust the B---- despite the low ratings and that they are working on bringing the Marvel production S.H.I.E.L.D. from Joss Whedon hopefully on TV by next fall.
Then following the executive session, we kicked-off the ABC series portion with two sessions for two upcoming dramas: Red Widow (premiering Sunday, March 3) and Zero Hour (premiering Thursday, Feb. 14). Then it was off to lunch with the producers and judges of upcoming reality entry The Taste, which premieres Tuesday, Jan. 22. After lunch, the panels continue, with the surging reality series Shark Tank getting the first session. Four of the six sharks are on hand (Lori Greiner, Robert Herjavec, Daymond John, Kevin O'Leary) along with producer Clay Newbill. Then it was time for a session with the cast and producers of upcoming drama Mistresses starring Alyssa Milano. The series premieres this May on ABC and will run into the summer. Then it was time for a pie break with Jami Gertz, Toks Olagundoye and producer Dan Fogelman of the comedy The Neighbors.
The day concludes with two more sessions, first for the third season of Body of Proof, which returns Tuesday, Feb. 5 and the final session is for comedy hit The Middle, which just gets better and better each season. And finally, the day is capped off with the Disney-ABC All-Star Cocktail Reception!
Look ahead: Up tomorrow at the TCA Winter 2013 press tour will a set day visit for ABC and ABC Family. Then on Saturday, CBS will be up, with The CW concluding it on Sunday.
The 39th Annual People's Choice Awards were held last night. Here are the main winners for the television portion:
FAVORITE TV DRAMA
Grey's Anatomy (ABC)
Once Upon a Time (ABC)
Gossip Girl (The CW)
WINNER: Grey's Anatomy (ABC)
FAVORITE TV COMEDY
Modern Family (ABC)
How I Met Your Mother (CBS)
The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
New Girl (Fox)
WINNER: The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
FAVORITE TV DRAMA ACTOR
Jensen Ackles (Supernatural, The CW)
Jared Padalecki (Supernatural, The CW)
Nathan Fillion (Castle, ABC)
Ian Somerhalder (The Vampire Diaries, The CW)
Paul Wesley (The Vampire Diaries, The CW)
WINNER: Nathan Fillion, Castle (ABC)
FAVORITE TV COMEDY ACTOR
Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family, ABC)
Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory, CBS)
Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother, CBS)
Ty Burrell (Modern Family, ABC)
Chris Colfer (Glee, Fox)
WINNER: Chris Colfer (Glee, Fox)
FAVORITE TV DRAMA ACTRESS
Nina Dobrev (The Vampire Diaries, The CW)
Ginnifer Goodwin (Once Upon A Time, ABC)
Emily Deschanel (Bones, Fox)
Stana Katic (Castle, ABC)
Ellen Pompeo (Grey's Anatomy, ABC)
WINNER: Ellen Pompeo (Grey's Anatomy, ABC)
FAVORITE TV COMEDY ACTRESS
Lea Michele (Glee, Fox)
Sofia Vergara (Modern Family, ABC)
Jane Lynch (Glee, Fox)
Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory, CBS)
Zooey Deschanel (New Girl, Fox)
WINNER: Lea Michele, Glee (Fox)
FAVORITE CABLE TV DRAMA
Pretty Little Liars, ABC Family
The Walking Dead, AMC
White Collar, USA Network
WINNER: Leverage, TNT
FAVORITE CABLE TV COMEDY
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, FX
Psych, USA Network
Melissa & Joey, ABC Family
WINNER: Awkward, MTV
FAVORITE PREMIUM CABLE TV SHOW
Game of Thrones (HBO)
True Blood (HBO)
WINNER: True Blood (HBO))
American Idol (Fox)
Dancing with the Stars (ABC)
The Voice (NBC)
The X Factor (Fox)
America's Got Talent (NBC)
WINNER: The X Factor (Fox)
FAVORITE CRIME DRAMA
Criminal Minds, CBS
WINNER: Castle (ABC)
FAVORITE SCI-FI / FANTASY SHOW
Doctor Who (BBC America)
The Walking Dead (AMC)
Supernatural (The CW)
The Vampire Diaries (The CW)
Once Upon A time (ABC)
WINNER: Supernatural (The CW)
FAVORITE DAYTIME TV HOST
George Stephanopoulos, Robin Roberts, Sam Champion, Josh Elliott, Lara Spencer, Good Morning America (ABC)
Barbara Walters, Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Sherri Shepherd, The View (ABC)
Ellen DeGeneres, The Ellen DeGeneres Show (Syndicated, Warner Bros.)
Kelly Ripa, Michael Strahan, LIVE! With Kelly & Michael (Syndicated, Disney-ABC)
Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Natalie Morales, Al Roker, The Today Show (NBC)
WINNER: Ellen DeGeneres, The Ellen DeGeneres Show (Syndicated, Warner Bros.)
FAVORITE LATE NIGHT TV HOST
David Letterman, Late Show With David Letterman (CBS)
Conan O'Brien, Conan (TBS)
Chelsea Handler, Chelsea Lately (E!)
Jimmy Fallon, Late Night With Jimmy Fallon (NBC)
Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Kimmel Live! (ABC)
WINNER: Jimmy Fallon, Late Night With Jimmy Fallon (NBC)
FAVORITE NEW TALK SHOW HOST (NEW!)
WINNER: Steve Harvey
FAVORITE NEW TV DRAMA
Arrow, The CW
Beauty & The Beast, The CW
WINNER: Beauty & The Beast, The CW)
FAVORITE NEW TV COMEDY
Go On, NBC
Guys With Kids, NBC
The Mindy Project, Fox
The Neighbors, ABC
The New Normal, NBC
WINNER: The New Normal, NBC
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.