Wednesday, January 16, 2013
We were a bit busy earlier this week and late last week with TCA Winter 2013 Press Tour news, so we couldn't mention this next story until today. The Hallmark Channel continues to shuffle their daytime schedule of original shows and now this time they have removed the 1pm encore of Marie and have added another hour of Happy Days from 1-2pm since Monday (Jan. 14). This means Happy Days now airs weekdays 1-4pm and Mon-Thurs 8-10pm. There was no other schedule to the schedule, which is good news for the new comedy block of The Brady Bunch, Happy Days, joining sitcoms such as Golden Girls, Frasier, Cheers, and I Love Lucy. Both Happy Days and Brady Bunch (weekdays 6-8pm) have been airing since Jan. 2 with no removals or moving time slots, so the addition of another hour of Happy Days is certainly good news.
We have even more good news for Happy Days, as the classic sitcom will get a Super Bowl Sunday marathon on Sunday, Feb. 3 from 11am-11pm. Stay with us for more Hallmark Channel updates, as it has only been two weeks for this schedule but so far so good for the two new additions! Groovy and correct-amundo!
ABC has pulled the last week of the Sunday-runs for comedies Happy Endings and Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 this coming Sunday (Jan. 20) from 10-11pm. Both comedies have aired the last two weeks in the hour on Sundays, in addition to their regular Tuesday 9pm hour. Now the third and final week on Sunday will not happen due to low ratings, but both series are doing slightly better on Tuesdays (since they have a comedy lead-in, even though they are repeats) and will continue to air Tuesdays from 9-10pm until mid-March, as of now. However, it is not on the schedule next week because of the two-hour premiere of The Taste, but they will return Jan. 29 (now that the State of the Union Address is Feb. 12). A repeat of the durable and reliable Shark Tank will air this Sunday at 10pm in place of the comedies. ABC still hasn't announced what will air 10-11pm on Sunday nights on Feb. 10 and Feb. 17, as new mid-season drama Red Widow isn't premiering until March 3 (a week after the Oscars on Feb. 24). ABC also announced yesterday that against the Super Bowl they will go with durable repeats, with two back-to-back hours of AFV at 7 & 8pm, followed by Shark Tank at 9 and back-to-back episodes of Modern Family in the 10pm hour. Stay with us for updates!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, February 25
The Thundermans - "Ditch Perfect" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Phoebe learns Max’s band plans to dump him, she suspects that his superhero training is hurting his friendships. Determined to help, she attempts to repair things with the band, but her good deeds quickly backfire.
Game Shakers - "Wedding Shower of Doom" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Dub’s brother shows up at Game Shakers and invites everyone except Dub to his wedding, the kids convince him to bring his brother into the fold, promising to make Dub behave himself at the event.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.