Wednesday, January 16, 2013
We were a bit busy earlier this week and late last week with TCA Winter 2013 Press Tour news, so we couldn't mention this next story until today. The Hallmark Channel continues to shuffle their daytime schedule of original shows and now this time they have removed the 1pm encore of Marie and have added another hour of Happy Days from 1-2pm since Monday (Jan. 14). This means Happy Days now airs weekdays 1-4pm and Mon-Thurs 8-10pm. There was no other schedule to the schedule, which is good news for the new comedy block of The Brady Bunch, Happy Days, joining sitcoms such as Golden Girls, Frasier, Cheers, and I Love Lucy. Both Happy Days and Brady Bunch (weekdays 6-8pm) have been airing since Jan. 2 with no removals or moving time slots, so the addition of another hour of Happy Days is certainly good news.
We have even more good news for Happy Days, as the classic sitcom will get a Super Bowl Sunday marathon on Sunday, Feb. 3 from 11am-11pm. Stay with us for more Hallmark Channel updates, as it has only been two weeks for this schedule but so far so good for the two new additions! Groovy and correct-amundo!
ABC has pulled the last week of the Sunday-runs for comedies Happy Endings and Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 this coming Sunday (Jan. 20) from 10-11pm. Both comedies have aired the last two weeks in the hour on Sundays, in addition to their regular Tuesday 9pm hour. Now the third and final week on Sunday will not happen due to low ratings, but both series are doing slightly better on Tuesdays (since they have a comedy lead-in, even though they are repeats) and will continue to air Tuesdays from 9-10pm until mid-March, as of now. However, it is not on the schedule next week because of the two-hour premiere of The Taste, but they will return Jan. 29 (now that the State of the Union Address is Feb. 12). A repeat of the durable and reliable Shark Tank will air this Sunday at 10pm in place of the comedies. ABC still hasn't announced what will air 10-11pm on Sunday nights on Feb. 10 and Feb. 17, as new mid-season drama Red Widow isn't premiering until March 3 (a week after the Oscars on Feb. 24). ABC also announced yesterday that against the Super Bowl they will go with durable repeats, with two back-to-back hours of AFV at 7 & 8pm, followed by Shark Tank at 9 and back-to-back episodes of Modern Family in the 10pm hour. Stay with us for updates!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, October 23
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of last season’s Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-a-Witch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
The Simpsons - "Trust But Clarify" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
Son of Zorn - "A Taste of Zephyria" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After learning how Zephyria is depicted in the media, Zorn attempts to teach Alan about his culture. Meanwhile, Edie wages war with her new neighbors over their talking garden gnome.
Family Guy - "Inside Family Guy" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
FAMILY GUY takes viewers behind the scenes of a regular “FAMILY GUY” production week, with James Woods as the guide. See the ins-and-outs of what goes into the making of a “FAMILY GUY” episode and watch the drama unfold as Peter is replaced and ends up in the office of Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman to pitch his very own new series.
The Last Man on Earth - "Five Hoda Kotbs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
A post-apocalyptic road trip has everyone at war with each other and Gail is really pushed to her breaking point.
Bizaardvark - "Spoiler Alert: Belissa Returns" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Paige and Frankie hit a writing slump and other bad things start happening to them, Paige begins to think they are cursed; Amelia and Dirk are at odds when the lifestyle Diva declutters the Dare Lair.
Sunday, October 23
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.