Wednesday, January 16, 2013
We were a bit busy earlier this week and late last week with TCA Winter 2013 Press Tour news, so we couldn't mention this next story until today. The Hallmark Channel continues to shuffle their daytime schedule of original shows and now this time they have removed the 1pm encore of Marie and have added another hour of Happy Days from 1-2pm since Monday (Jan. 14). This means Happy Days now airs weekdays 1-4pm and Mon-Thurs 8-10pm. There was no other schedule to the schedule, which is good news for the new comedy block of The Brady Bunch, Happy Days, joining sitcoms such as Golden Girls, Frasier, Cheers, and I Love Lucy. Both Happy Days and Brady Bunch (weekdays 6-8pm) have been airing since Jan. 2 with no removals or moving time slots, so the addition of another hour of Happy Days is certainly good news.
We have even more good news for Happy Days, as the classic sitcom will get a Super Bowl Sunday marathon on Sunday, Feb. 3 from 11am-11pm. Stay with us for more Hallmark Channel updates, as it has only been two weeks for this schedule but so far so good for the two new additions! Groovy and correct-amundo!
ABC has pulled the last week of the Sunday-runs for comedies Happy Endings and Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 this coming Sunday (Jan. 20) from 10-11pm. Both comedies have aired the last two weeks in the hour on Sundays, in addition to their regular Tuesday 9pm hour. Now the third and final week on Sunday will not happen due to low ratings, but both series are doing slightly better on Tuesdays (since they have a comedy lead-in, even though they are repeats) and will continue to air Tuesdays from 9-10pm until mid-March, as of now. However, it is not on the schedule next week because of the two-hour premiere of The Taste, but they will return Jan. 29 (now that the State of the Union Address is Feb. 12). A repeat of the durable and reliable Shark Tank will air this Sunday at 10pm in place of the comedies. ABC still hasn't announced what will air 10-11pm on Sunday nights on Feb. 10 and Feb. 17, as new mid-season drama Red Widow isn't premiering until March 3 (a week after the Oscars on Feb. 24). ABC also announced yesterday that against the Super Bowl they will go with durable repeats, with two back-to-back hours of AFV at 7 & 8pm, followed by Shark Tank at 9 and back-to-back episodes of Modern Family in the 10pm hour. Stay with us for updates!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.