Wednesday, January 16, 2013
We were a bit busy earlier this week and late last week with TCA Winter 2013 Press Tour news, so we couldn't mention this next story until today. The Hallmark Channel continues to shuffle their daytime schedule of original shows and now this time they have removed the 1pm encore of Marie and have added another hour of Happy Days from 1-2pm since Monday (Jan. 14). This means Happy Days now airs weekdays 1-4pm and Mon-Thurs 8-10pm. There was no other schedule to the schedule, which is good news for the new comedy block of The Brady Bunch, Happy Days, joining sitcoms such as Golden Girls, Frasier, Cheers, and I Love Lucy. Both Happy Days and Brady Bunch (weekdays 6-8pm) have been airing since Jan. 2 with no removals or moving time slots, so the addition of another hour of Happy Days is certainly good news.
We have even more good news for Happy Days, as the classic sitcom will get a Super Bowl Sunday marathon on Sunday, Feb. 3 from 11am-11pm. Stay with us for more Hallmark Channel updates, as it has only been two weeks for this schedule but so far so good for the two new additions! Groovy and correct-amundo!
ABC has pulled the last week of the Sunday-runs for comedies Happy Endings and Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 this coming Sunday (Jan. 20) from 10-11pm. Both comedies have aired the last two weeks in the hour on Sundays, in addition to their regular Tuesday 9pm hour. Now the third and final week on Sunday will not happen due to low ratings, but both series are doing slightly better on Tuesdays (since they have a comedy lead-in, even though they are repeats) and will continue to air Tuesdays from 9-10pm until mid-March, as of now. However, it is not on the schedule next week because of the two-hour premiere of The Taste, but they will return Jan. 29 (now that the State of the Union Address is Feb. 12). A repeat of the durable and reliable Shark Tank will air this Sunday at 10pm in place of the comedies. ABC still hasn't announced what will air 10-11pm on Sunday nights on Feb. 10 and Feb. 17, as new mid-season drama Red Widow isn't premiering until March 3 (a week after the Oscars on Feb. 24). ABC also announced yesterday that against the Super Bowl they will go with durable repeats, with two back-to-back hours of AFV at 7 & 8pm, followed by Shark Tank at 9 and back-to-back episodes of Modern Family in the 10pm hour. Stay with us for updates!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, December 4
The Simpsons - "The Last Traction Hero" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A workplace accident leaves Homer in a cast, and in a position to sue Mr. Burns. This leaves Marge unfulfilled, so she turns to an unexpected source for romance. Meanwhile, Lisa is made “Bus Monitor” and tries to keep the peace.
Son of Zorn - "Return of the Drinking Buddy" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Zorn’s old friend Headbutt Man (guest voice Rob Riggle) is coming to town. Unfortunately for Zorn, Headbutt Man is now sober. Meanwhile, Alan is invited to a party where his crush, Nancy (guest star Emily Wong), will be. Unfortunately, he has to take Headbutt man’s daughter with him.
Family Guy - "Carter and Tricia" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Carter buys the Pawtucket Patriot brewery and decides to cut some corners to save a few bucks. Peter overhears the plan and runs and tells investigative journalist Tricia Takanawa about Carter’s plan to use toxic chemicals in the beer cans. Meanwhile, Brian’s drivers’ license has expired and he enlists Stewie as an instructor.
The Last Man on Earth - "Whitney Houston, We Have a Problem" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After finding a mysterious note left by Melissa that says “Goodbye,” the gang sets off to go look for her. Meanwhile, Gail gets stuck on a solo adventure of her own.
K.C. Undercover - "Holly Holly Not So Jolly" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Christmas time arrives and K.C. tells everyone she has to go pick up a last-minute gift, but instead goes to The Organization's therapist, Dr. Levinstein.
Mech X-4 - "Let's Survive in the Woods!" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Principal Grey sets a trap for Ryan, Harris and Spyder while they're on a camping trip, which leaves MECH-X4 and Mark in danger.
Best Friends Whenever - "The Christmas Curse" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Shelby and Cyd encourage a homesick Daisy to incorporate a festive 16th-century tradition into their annual Christmas party.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.