Thursday, January 24, 2013
Fox is about pull Ben & Kate from the Tuesday night schedule effective immediately. They have announced revisions to its Tuesday night lineup, which will include the season premiere of Hell's Kitchen on Tuesday, March 12 at 8:00PM ET/PT. But before we get to that, on Tuesdays, Jan. 29, Feb. 5 and Feb. 26 from 8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT, Fox will air all-new one-hour episodes of Raising Hope, so they'll double up on the comedy in lieu of the cancelation of Ben & Kate. Feb. 12 will have encores at 8 because of the State of the Union at 9pm ET, Feb. 19 will have an encore of New Girl at 8:30 following a new Raising Hope at 8 and on March 5 from 8-10pm, Fox will air American Idol on a special night. The Tuesday 9pm hour of New Girl and The Mindy Project will remain in their regularly scheduled time periods.
Then as mentioned, Tuesday nights heat up earlier than expected this spring when Chef Gordon Ramsay returns for the Season 11 premiere of Hell's Kitchen on Tuesday, March 12 at 8:00PM ET/PT, and it will be continued to be followed by all-new episodes of New Girl and The Mindy Project. Back to Raising Hope, it will have a one-hour season finale on a special night Thursday, March 28 from 9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT, following American Idol at 8. Yes, that's a full month after its last Tuesday airing on Feb. 26. Fox also says Ben & Kate will return with all-new episodes at a later date. The series will have six episodes left from its 19-episode order, but the creator and stars have said on Twitter that the series has been officially canceled. So if and when the series does return to the schedule, it will just be to burn-off the six remaining episodes. We were surprised the series was quickly picked-up for a full season very on in the season despite low ratings but the ratings didn't improve and got worse, so Fox was forced to pull the series now. Stay with us for continued updates.
The MeTV Network, the definitive classic television network, is heading to the nation's capital on WJLA (ABC7) in Washington D.C. This is the newest affiliate to join The MeTV Network, that now has clearance in each of the top ten television markets in the country, with the addition of the nation's eighth largest market of Washington D.C. The station will launch MeTV on March 1, 2013 and will be seen over-the-air on WJLA's digital subchannel on channel 7.2, replacing WeatherNow. WJLA is owned by Allbritton Communications Company and is the second station from this media group to become a MeTV affiliate. The MeTV Network now serves 141 affiliates and clears 87% of the country. In addition to being available in all top ten television markets, the network can be found in 28 of the top 30 markets in the U.S.
MeTV features a wide range of programming which audiences and advertisers find comfortable and engaging. MeTV's library includes almost 100 series from Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution, CBS Television Distribution, NBCUniversal Television as well as many independent series owners and producers. MeTV's line-up as you know, includes some of the most beloved television programs ever produced, including: M*A*S*H, The Brady Bunch, The Beverly Hillbillies, Perry Mason, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Gunsmoke, I Love Lucy, and the classic Hawaii Five-O series.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, January 19
The Big Bang Theory - "The Romance Calibration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Penny feels that Leonard is taking her for granted, she decides to go on a spa weekend with Amy. Also, Wolowitz and Koothrappali try to fix a squeaky floorboard in the baby’s room.
The Great Indoors - "Mason Blows Up" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack tries to reassert his dominance as a reporter after Mason scores an investigative coup that turns him into an overnight celebrity. Also, Clark’s low self-esteem causes him to give Emma relationship advice about other guys instead of asking her out himself
Mom - "Good Karma and the Big Weird" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie encourages Christy to pursue Marjorie’s charming nephew, Nick, despite the fact that he’s been declared off limits. Chris Pratt, husband of MOM star Anna Faris, guest stars as Nick, Marjorie’s nephew.
Life in Pieces - "Tailgate Spiral Souvenir Seating" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Colleen and Matt host the family tailgate party at the L.A. Rams game, they invite former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner to spice up their so far dismal event. Also, Tim’s in danger of missing the game when Sophia makes him take her to the restroom and they get sidetracked returning to their seats; Joan and Jen try to sneak into seats closer to the field; and Greg wins a chance to participate in a halftime contest involving a football toss.
The Good Place - "Mindy St. Claire" / "Michael's Gambit" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the help of Chidi (William Jackson Harper) and Tahani (Jameela Jamil), Michael (Ted Danson) faces his biggest challenge yet. Meanwhile, Eleanor (Kristen Bell), Jianyu (Manny Jacinto) and Janet (D'Arcy Carden) are faced with a monumental decision.
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) and her friends contemplate their fates in the Good Place.
Baskets - "Freaks" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chip has to decide between a tarp and snacks.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.