Thursday, January 24, 2013
Fox is about pull Ben & Kate from the Tuesday night schedule effective immediately. They have announced revisions to its Tuesday night lineup, which will include the season premiere of Hell's Kitchen on Tuesday, March 12 at 8:00PM ET/PT. But before we get to that, on Tuesdays, Jan. 29, Feb. 5 and Feb. 26 from 8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT, Fox will air all-new one-hour episodes of Raising Hope, so they'll double up on the comedy in lieu of the cancelation of Ben & Kate. Feb. 12 will have encores at 8 because of the State of the Union at 9pm ET, Feb. 19 will have an encore of New Girl at 8:30 following a new Raising Hope at 8 and on March 5 from 8-10pm, Fox will air American Idol on a special night. The Tuesday 9pm hour of New Girl and The Mindy Project will remain in their regularly scheduled time periods.
Then as mentioned, Tuesday nights heat up earlier than expected this spring when Chef Gordon Ramsay returns for the Season 11 premiere of Hell's Kitchen on Tuesday, March 12 at 8:00PM ET/PT, and it will be continued to be followed by all-new episodes of New Girl and The Mindy Project. Back to Raising Hope, it will have a one-hour season finale on a special night Thursday, March 28 from 9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT, following American Idol at 8. Yes, that's a full month after its last Tuesday airing on Feb. 26. Fox also says Ben & Kate will return with all-new episodes at a later date. The series will have six episodes left from its 19-episode order, but the creator and stars have said on Twitter that the series has been officially canceled. So if and when the series does return to the schedule, it will just be to burn-off the six remaining episodes. We were surprised the series was quickly picked-up for a full season very on in the season despite low ratings but the ratings didn't improve and got worse, so Fox was forced to pull the series now. Stay with us for continued updates.
The MeTV Network, the definitive classic television network, is heading to the nation's capital on WJLA (ABC7) in Washington D.C. This is the newest affiliate to join The MeTV Network, that now has clearance in each of the top ten television markets in the country, with the addition of the nation's eighth largest market of Washington D.C. The station will launch MeTV on March 1, 2013 and will be seen over-the-air on WJLA's digital subchannel on channel 7.2, replacing WeatherNow. WJLA is owned by Allbritton Communications Company and is the second station from this media group to become a MeTV affiliate. The MeTV Network now serves 141 affiliates and clears 87% of the country. In addition to being available in all top ten television markets, the network can be found in 28 of the top 30 markets in the U.S.
MeTV features a wide range of programming which audiences and advertisers find comfortable and engaging. MeTV's library includes almost 100 series from Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution, CBS Television Distribution, NBCUniversal Television as well as many independent series owners and producers. MeTV's line-up as you know, includes some of the most beloved television programs ever produced, including: M*A*S*H, The Brady Bunch, The Beverly Hillbillies, Perry Mason, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Gunsmoke, I Love Lucy, and the classic Hawaii Five-O series.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, September 30
Last Man Standing - "Gameday Forecast: Showers" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When a Jack and Jill wedding shower for Mandy and Kyle is announced, Mike is disappointed to learn it’s on the same day as the big Broncos-Chargers game. In an effort to catch the game with Joe (Jay Leno) and the guys, Mike convinces the couple to hold separate showers. Ryan offers to host the men’s festivities at his place, and to Mike’s dismay, he’s more into party planning than anyone would have thought. Meanwhile, Ed’s convinced that sticking to his superstitious rituals is the only way to see to it that the Broncos pull out a big win, even if it means interfering with Mandy’s wedding shower.
Dr. Ken - "Ken and Allison Share a Patient" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Allison’s first work day at Welltopia, she and Ken try to prove the other wrong when it comes to a patient’s diagnosis. After Damona introduces her new boyfriend, Eric, to co-workers, Pat surprises everyone and announces he’s also dating someone. Meanwhile, it’s Dave’s first day of middle school, and he’s nervous he won’t be able to make friends, so he turns to D.K. to help reinvent his image.
Liv and Maddie - "Linda & Heather-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Liv thinks she landed a small role on a hit show called ``Linda and Heather'' but her part turns out to be much bigger; Joey experiences relationship woes.
Bunk'd - "Luke Out Below" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Luke comes back to camp and takes Griff and Zuri on an adventure to prove that he's just as responsible as the other CITs.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Three Times" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Leslie and Angela try to fix their seemingly broken friendship with Jennifer.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "The Flower Delivery" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Keisha manages to intercept Richard's gift for his new love interest.
Friday, September 30
- Minnie Driver (Speechless/About a Boy) - Watch Minnie on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Clark Gregg (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Clark is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Ashley Williams (The Jim Gaffigan Show/How I Met Your Mother/Good Morning, Miami) - Ashley talks about her Hallmark Channel original movie Love on a Limb on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah stops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim talks about Madam Secretary on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Less Than Perfect) and Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor) - Sara and Michael talks about Season 2 of TV Land's Impastor on People Now at 8:30am.