Tuesday, December 18, 2012
GMC Christmas Sitcom Marathon, Schedule Change Has No Amen; Hallmark Alters January 2013 Schedule with More Happy Days
GMC has rolled out its sitcom holiday episodes plan along with a new weekday lineup that is starting Wednesday, December 26, 2012! First, the holiday marathon is on Saturday, December 22 starting at 11am. Airing in this marathon will be Sister, Sister at 11am, 227 at 11:30am & 12pm, Amen from 12:30-3:30pm, and Moesha at 3:30pm. A Touched by an Angel Christmas episode marathon follows from 4pm-1am. Also, all this week in their regular time periods, you can catch holiday episodes of shows like Amen, 227, Family Ties, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman and more. And you can also watch The Waltons - The Homecoming: A Christmas Story on GMC Sunday, Dec. 23 at 9pm with an encore on Christmas Eve at 6pm. This is a GMC exclusive special that hasn't been seen on TV in over 20 years!
As for the new schedule, among the changes, The Waltons will air weekdays at 10 and 11am. 7th Heaven will remain at 12 noon, 5pm, & 6pm but will gain 7pm. Back-to-back Judging Amy and Dr. Quinn will remain from 1-5pm. Touched by an Angel airs weekdays at 8pm and Mon-Thurs 9-11pm. 227 remains in its Mon-Thurs 11pm hour. Sister, Sister returns to the weekday line-up and will air Mon-Thurs at 12 and 12:30am replacing Amen, while a second hour of 227 airs Mon-Thurs 1 and 1:30AM. Family Ties remains Mon-Thurs in the 2am hour. On Saturdays starting Saturday, December 29, we now have Family Ties from 9-11am, leading into 227 from 11am-1pm, Sister Sister from 1pm-3pm and then Moesha the rest of the day! Back to Amen, yes, it will be off the regular schedule actually after its airing this Thursday night and the Christmas episodes marathon on Saturday. Luckily Deacon Frye and company will still be airing on TV One. Stay with us for continued updates on GMC!
It was just last week we told you about the Hallmark Channel January 2013 schedule, now before it even starts they have altered the schedule a bit in the daytime. The lifestyle block will get two-more hours starting Jan. 2 because they will add an encore of Home & Family, now from 8-10am. New episodes will air 10am-12pm. Marie will now air at 12 noon with a repeat at 1pm, both replacing the previously listed The Waltons. One other schedule change will be two more hours of Happy Days, airing weekdays 2-4pm, replacing the previously scheduled Little House on the Prairie. Yes, this means both The Waltons and Little House on the Prairie are not currently listed on the January 2013 schedule. Happy Days will still air Mon-Thurs 8-10pm in addition to this newly added Mon-Fri 2-4pm block. As previously mentioned, The Brady Bunch also joins the schedule starting Jan. 2 airing weekdays 6-8pm.
Discuss this updated Hallmark schedule on our message board and to view the full Hallmark Channel January 2013 schedule. Keep it right here for continued updates on both sitcoms and Hallmark Channel in general!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)
04/07 - Barney Miller - The Complete Seventh Season
04/07 - The Brady Bunch - The Complete Series
04/07 - The Crazy Ones - The Complete First Season
04/07 - Frasier - The Complete Series
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 9th Season
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 10th Season
04/07 - 1600 Penn - The Complete Season 1
04/07 - Wanda at Large - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
04/07 - Wilfred - The Complete Season 4
04/14 - Growing Pains - The Complete Fourth Season (WBShop.com)
04/21 - What's Happening!! - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
04/28 - I Love Lucy - I Love Mom Edition
04/28 - The Jeffersons - Season Seven
04/28 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites: Season 5
04/28 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, April 21
Fresh Off the Boat - "So Chineez" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jessica fears her family has assimilated so much to life in Orlando that they’ve lost their Chinese identity. So she drives everyone nuts making them reconnect with their culture, from Louis, who she insists decline an invite to join the country club, to Eddie, who she makes do a report on China for his World Day project.
New Girl - "Shark" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Winston graduates from the Police Academy, Nick and Coach worry when they see his new training officer (guest star Nasim Pedrad, "Mulaney"). Meanwhile, Jess uses Schmidt to try and influence a councilwoman (guest star Zoe Lister Jones, “Friends with Better Lives”) to stop the night construction taking place outside the loft.
Weird Loners - "Weird Knight" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
As a favor, Caryn reluctantly goes on a date with a nerdy guy from Eric’s human chess league, but becomes interested in him when he doesn’t call her back following their dinner. Meanwhile, Stosh becomes Zara’s “agent” and gets her to enter an art contest.
Undataeable - "A Priest Walks Into a Bar" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Justin (Bren Morin) calls Danny (Chris D'Elia) a loser, Danny is motivated to make a career move to prove him wrong. Meanwhile, Leslie (Bianca Kajlich) persuades Justin to be tough with Danny. Back at the bar, Candace (Bridgit Mendler) tries to help Shelly (Ron Funches) deal with being just a booty-call and never the boyfriend.
One Big Happy - "A Tale of Two Hubbies" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
On a group trip to Las Vegas, Luke (Nick Zano), Prudence (Kelly Brook) and Lizzy (Elisha Cuthberg) visit the chapel where Nick and Prudence got married – only to discover that it was a sham and their marriage is not legal. Lizzy takes it upon herself to plan a spectacular new wedding with a special surprise. However, the group is in for an even bigger surprise about Prudence’s past life in England.
Your Family or Mine - "The Couch" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Ricky plans on throwing out Oliver's childhood couch, but both he and Jason are ready to fight for it. Claire panics when Louis brings home a piece of art that features her in the nude.
Younger - "Girl Code" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
After lending Kelsey a hand in the bathroom, Liza joins Kelsey's inner circle and neglects Maggie at the worst possible time. Diana's excited by the arrival of Empirical's handsome and potentially soon-to-be-divorced publisher.
Mann & Wife - "Mann-datory" (Bounce TV, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Daniel and Michael are forced to attend communication therapy; the kids fight for equal rights of their household chores.
Tuesday, April 21
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Catch Courteney on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. She will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Watch Betty on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Jeff Garlin (The Goldbergs/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Jeff appears on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- John C. McGinley (Ground Floor/Scrubs) - John is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ana Gasteyer (Suburgatory) - Ana visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Oliver Hudson (Rules of Engagement) - Oliver stops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Tiffani Thiessen (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The College Years) - Tiffani serves up braised tri-tip roast on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Edie drops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David and David Burtka from the new musical It Shoulda Been You are guests on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Jonathan Kite (2 Broke Girls) - Jonathan cracks the audience up with his celebrity impressions on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Chris D'Elia (Undateable/Whitney) and Brent Morin (Undateable) - Chris and Brent are guests on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company/She's the Sheriff/Step by Step) - Suzanne reveals the devastating family health crisis that took years to diagnose and the 4 point detox checklist that she says helped save her and her family’s life on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Lori Loughlin (Full House) - Lori talks about her two Hallmark Channel projects Garage Sale Mystery: The Deadly Room and the return of her show When Calls the Heart on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings. She will also be on KTLA 5 in Los Angeles live at 9:30am PT.
- Romeo Miller (Romeo!) - Romeo will be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:50am.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie can be heard on Sirius XM's Morning Mash Up at 9:30am.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick talks about Adult Beginners on SI Now.
- Jeremy Miller (Growing Pains) - Jeremy is a guest on NewsNation on MSNBC at 11am.