Tuesday, December 18, 2012
GMC Christmas Sitcom Marathon, Schedule Change Has No Amen; Hallmark Alters January 2013 Schedule with More Happy Days
GMC has rolled out its sitcom holiday episodes plan along with a new weekday lineup that is starting Wednesday, December 26, 2012! First, the holiday marathon is on Saturday, December 22 starting at 11am. Airing in this marathon will be Sister, Sister at 11am, 227 at 11:30am & 12pm, Amen from 12:30-3:30pm, and Moesha at 3:30pm. A Touched by an Angel Christmas episode marathon follows from 4pm-1am. Also, all this week in their regular time periods, you can catch holiday episodes of shows like Amen, 227, Family Ties, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman and more. And you can also watch The Waltons - The Homecoming: A Christmas Story on GMC Sunday, Dec. 23 at 9pm with an encore on Christmas Eve at 6pm. This is a GMC exclusive special that hasn't been seen on TV in over 20 years!
As for the new schedule, among the changes, The Waltons will air weekdays at 10 and 11am. 7th Heaven will remain at 12 noon, 5pm, & 6pm but will gain 7pm. Back-to-back Judging Amy and Dr. Quinn will remain from 1-5pm. Touched by an Angel airs weekdays at 8pm and Mon-Thurs 9-11pm. 227 remains in its Mon-Thurs 11pm hour. Sister, Sister returns to the weekday line-up and will air Mon-Thurs at 12 and 12:30am replacing Amen, while a second hour of 227 airs Mon-Thurs 1 and 1:30AM. Family Ties remains Mon-Thurs in the 2am hour. On Saturdays starting Saturday, December 29, we now have Family Ties from 9-11am, leading into 227 from 11am-1pm, Sister Sister from 1pm-3pm and then Moesha the rest of the day! Back to Amen, yes, it will be off the regular schedule actually after its airing this Thursday night and the Christmas episodes marathon on Saturday. Luckily Deacon Frye and company will still be airing on TV One. Stay with us for continued updates on GMC!
It was just last week we told you about the Hallmark Channel January 2013 schedule, now before it even starts they have altered the schedule a bit in the daytime. The lifestyle block will get two-more hours starting Jan. 2 because they will add an encore of Home & Family, now from 8-10am. New episodes will air 10am-12pm. Marie will now air at 12 noon with a repeat at 1pm, both replacing the previously listed The Waltons. One other schedule change will be two more hours of Happy Days, airing weekdays 2-4pm, replacing the previously scheduled Little House on the Prairie. Yes, this means both The Waltons and Little House on the Prairie are not currently listed on the January 2013 schedule. Happy Days will still air Mon-Thurs 8-10pm in addition to this newly added Mon-Fri 2-4pm block. As previously mentioned, The Brady Bunch also joins the schedule starting Jan. 2 airing weekdays 6-8pm.
Discuss this updated Hallmark schedule on our message board and to view the full Hallmark Channel January 2013 schedule. Keep it right here for continued updates on both sitcoms and Hallmark Channel in general!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - TARGET="_blank">Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 21
Selfie - "Nugget of Wisdom" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Eliza accepts Henry’s challenge to do something helpful over the weekend and reluctantly offers to babysit Charmonique’s young son on a Saturday night. Little does she know that young Kevin has a lot to teach her about having fun.
Manhattan Love Story - "It's Complicated" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Dana and Peter continue to enjoy New York and each other, but when they realize they still haven’t had sex, both decide tonight’s the night following a sexy and swanky dinner at an upscale oyster restaurant. But when the couple finds their reservation is pushed, Dana and Peter head elsewhere, not knowing that their romantic evening is about to go from intimate dinner to disaster. Meanwhile, Amy and David spend an evening babysitting and make a decision that will impact their future forever.
Marry Me - "Move Me" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jake (Ken Marino) moves into Annie’s (Casey Wilson) apartment and she begins to feel the pinch of having to share her space with someone. She confesses her claustrophobia to her dads Kevin 1 (Tim Meadows) and Kevin 2 (Dan Bucatinsky) but her stress continues to mount. Meanwhile, Gil (John Gemberling) discovers an all-you-can-eat buffet where he can eat for one low price all day – as long as he never leaves the restaurant.
About a Boy - "About a House for Sale" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
In an effort to fix his money problems, Will (David Walton) is advised to sell his house in San Francisco. Faced with his impending absence away from Fiona (Minnie Driver) and Marcus (Benjamin Stockham), Will focuses all of his energies into finding Marcus a new best friend. Meanwhile, Sam (guest star Adrianne Palicki) flies out to help Will pack up the rest of his belongings, only to discover a few surprises when she arrives.
Tuesday, October 21
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Catch Krysten on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Dana Carvey (One of the Boys) - Dana visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Cristin Milioti (A to Z/How I Met Your Mother) - Cristin stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back to You/Out of Practice) - Ty is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Kat Dennings (2 Broke Girls) - Kat appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah drops by ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Julie is a guest on HuffPost Live at 2:30pm.
- Eric Andre (2 Broke Girls/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Eric appears on HuffPost Live at 3:00pm.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/Hot Properties/The Knights of Prosperity) - Sofia will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down) - Ken talks about Marry Me on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- B.J. Novak (The Office) - B.J. is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.
- Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Tori will be on Big Morning Buzz on VH1 at 9:00am.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil can be heard on Morning Mash-Up on SiriuxXM Hits 1 channel 2 at 8:15am.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York - Jim shares some of his favorite food adventures, and dishes on what it's like raising five kids in a New York City apartment on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.