Tuesday, December 18, 2012
GMC Christmas Sitcom Marathon, Schedule Change Has No Amen; Hallmark Alters January 2013 Schedule with More Happy Days
GMC has rolled out its sitcom holiday episodes plan along with a new weekday lineup that is starting Wednesday, December 26, 2012! First, the holiday marathon is on Saturday, December 22 starting at 11am. Airing in this marathon will be Sister, Sister at 11am, 227 at 11:30am & 12pm, Amen from 12:30-3:30pm, and Moesha at 3:30pm. A Touched by an Angel Christmas episode marathon follows from 4pm-1am. Also, all this week in their regular time periods, you can catch holiday episodes of shows like Amen, 227, Family Ties, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman and more. And you can also watch The Waltons - The Homecoming: A Christmas Story on GMC Sunday, Dec. 23 at 9pm with an encore on Christmas Eve at 6pm. This is a GMC exclusive special that hasn't been seen on TV in over 20 years!
As for the new schedule, among the changes, The Waltons will air weekdays at 10 and 11am. 7th Heaven will remain at 12 noon, 5pm, & 6pm but will gain 7pm. Back-to-back Judging Amy and Dr. Quinn will remain from 1-5pm. Touched by an Angel airs weekdays at 8pm and Mon-Thurs 9-11pm. 227 remains in its Mon-Thurs 11pm hour. Sister, Sister returns to the weekday line-up and will air Mon-Thurs at 12 and 12:30am replacing Amen, while a second hour of 227 airs Mon-Thurs 1 and 1:30AM. Family Ties remains Mon-Thurs in the 2am hour. On Saturdays starting Saturday, December 29, we now have Family Ties from 9-11am, leading into 227 from 11am-1pm, Sister Sister from 1pm-3pm and then Moesha the rest of the day! Back to Amen, yes, it will be off the regular schedule actually after its airing this Thursday night and the Christmas episodes marathon on Saturday. Luckily Deacon Frye and company will still be airing on TV One. Stay with us for continued updates on GMC!
It was just last week we told you about the Hallmark Channel January 2013 schedule, now before it even starts they have altered the schedule a bit in the daytime. The lifestyle block will get two-more hours starting Jan. 2 because they will add an encore of Home & Family, now from 8-10am. New episodes will air 10am-12pm. Marie will now air at 12 noon with a repeat at 1pm, both replacing the previously listed The Waltons. One other schedule change will be two more hours of Happy Days, airing weekdays 2-4pm, replacing the previously scheduled Little House on the Prairie. Yes, this means both The Waltons and Little House on the Prairie are not currently listed on the January 2013 schedule. Happy Days will still air Mon-Thurs 8-10pm in addition to this newly added Mon-Fri 2-4pm block. As previously mentioned, The Brady Bunch also joins the schedule starting Jan. 2 airing weekdays 6-8pm.
Discuss this updated Hallmark schedule on our message board and to view the full Hallmark Channel January 2013 schedule. Keep it right here for continued updates on both sitcoms and Hallmark Channel in general!
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, August 23
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bet" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake and Amy’s ongoing bet about who can make more arrests comes to a close. Meanwhile, Charles receives the Medal of Valor for getting shot in the line of duty, but the pain medication he is taking causes him to reveal his true opinions about his colleagues.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Pontiac Bandit" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake is interested in one of Rosa’s perps, Doug Judy (Guest Star Craig Robinson, “The Office”), who has information about the “Pontiac Bandit”, a car thief whom Jake has been tracking for years. Meanwhile, the station tries to accommodate a scooter-bound Charles’ every need when he returns to work, but he proves to be too much to handle. And Captain Holt struggles to find a home for two puppies.
Sunday, August 24
- Maggie Wheeler (Friends/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Maggie talks about how she won the role of Janice on Friends and what it has done for her career on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm Et/PT on OWN. She will also share about her family life and her latest projects. They will also have a special tribute to Robin Williams, with Oprah's favorite moments from Robin Williams' 14 appearances on the Oprah show.
- Michael Cera (Arrested Development) - Watch Michael on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress) - Catch John on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Simon is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Josh Meyers (That '70s Show) - Josh appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Jim chats on a repeat of Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Tune in to see Kathy on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Rachael Harris (Surviving Jack/My Boys/In the Motherhood) - Rachael is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Brittany Daniel (The Game/That '80s Show) - Brittany chats on a repeat of Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer shares her fitness secrets on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Anna Chlumsky (Veep) - Anna will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.