Tuesday, December 18, 2012
GMC Christmas Sitcom Marathon, Schedule Change Has No Amen; Hallmark Alters January 2013 Schedule with More Happy Days
GMC has rolled out its sitcom holiday episodes plan along with a new weekday lineup that is starting Wednesday, December 26, 2012! First, the holiday marathon is on Saturday, December 22 starting at 11am. Airing in this marathon will be Sister, Sister at 11am, 227 at 11:30am & 12pm, Amen from 12:30-3:30pm, and Moesha at 3:30pm. A Touched by an Angel Christmas episode marathon follows from 4pm-1am. Also, all this week in their regular time periods, you can catch holiday episodes of shows like Amen, 227, Family Ties, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman and more. And you can also watch The Waltons - The Homecoming: A Christmas Story on GMC Sunday, Dec. 23 at 9pm with an encore on Christmas Eve at 6pm. This is a GMC exclusive special that hasn't been seen on TV in over 20 years!
As for the new schedule, among the changes, The Waltons will air weekdays at 10 and 11am. 7th Heaven will remain at 12 noon, 5pm, & 6pm but will gain 7pm. Back-to-back Judging Amy and Dr. Quinn will remain from 1-5pm. Touched by an Angel airs weekdays at 8pm and Mon-Thurs 9-11pm. 227 remains in its Mon-Thurs 11pm hour. Sister, Sister returns to the weekday line-up and will air Mon-Thurs at 12 and 12:30am replacing Amen, while a second hour of 227 airs Mon-Thurs 1 and 1:30AM. Family Ties remains Mon-Thurs in the 2am hour. On Saturdays starting Saturday, December 29, we now have Family Ties from 9-11am, leading into 227 from 11am-1pm, Sister Sister from 1pm-3pm and then Moesha the rest of the day! Back to Amen, yes, it will be off the regular schedule actually after its airing this Thursday night and the Christmas episodes marathon on Saturday. Luckily Deacon Frye and company will still be airing on TV One. Stay with us for continued updates on GMC!
It was just last week we told you about the Hallmark Channel January 2013 schedule, now before it even starts they have altered the schedule a bit in the daytime. The lifestyle block will get two-more hours starting Jan. 2 because they will add an encore of Home & Family, now from 8-10am. New episodes will air 10am-12pm. Marie will now air at 12 noon with a repeat at 1pm, both replacing the previously listed The Waltons. One other schedule change will be two more hours of Happy Days, airing weekdays 2-4pm, replacing the previously scheduled Little House on the Prairie. Yes, this means both The Waltons and Little House on the Prairie are not currently listed on the January 2013 schedule. Happy Days will still air Mon-Thurs 8-10pm in addition to this newly added Mon-Fri 2-4pm block. As previously mentioned, The Brady Bunch also joins the schedule starting Jan. 2 airing weekdays 6-8pm.
Discuss this updated Hallmark schedule on our message board and to view the full Hallmark Channel January 2013 schedule. Keep it right here for continued updates on both sitcoms and Hallmark Channel in general!
The Big Bang Theory - "The Itchy Brain Simulation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Leonard tries to keep Sheldon from overreacting when a past mistake comes to light, but Sheldon punishes Leonard by making him walk a mile in his shoes. Meanwhile, Penny confronts Raj’s ex-girlfriend, Lucy.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Scavenger Vortex" (CBS, 8:30PM T/PT) (Repeat)
When the entire gang competes in a scavenger hunt designed by Raj, it brings out the best – and worst – in everyone.
The Crazy Ones - "The Monster" / "The Lighthouse" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Season Finale)
"The Monster" - Simon and the team try an out-of-the-box idea in order to save a library from being shut down, and Gordon literally becomes the unwilling poster boy for the campaign. Brad Garrett returns as Gordon Lewis, Gayle King guest stars as herself and Melody Thomas Scott guest stars as Flora, the librarian.
"The Lighthouse" - When a corporation wants to buy out Lewis, Roberts+Roberts, Gordon calls in the board to vote, and Simon’s ex-wife and Sydney’s mom has the final say. Brad Garrett returns as Gordon Lewis and Marilu Henner guest stars as Simon’s ex-wife and Sydney’s mother.
Surviving Jack - "Rhythm Is a Dancer" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
It's homecoming night, but Frankie is bummed that his crush, Heather (guest star Lili Reinhart), is promised to another date and Rachel is protesting the school's "No Grinding" policy. Meanwhile, with the kids out of the house, Jack and Joanne (Rachael Harris) are planning a passionate night to themselves.
Community - "Basic Sandwich" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Season Finale)
The group learns the history of Greendale’s first Dean, Russell Borchert (guest star Chris Elliott, “Eagleheart”), a reclusive, wealthy genius who disappeared amid a personal scandal in the 1970s. Once Shirley (Yvette Nicole Brown) and Hickey (Jonathan Banks) locate the school’s blueprints, Annie (Alison Brie) and Abed (Danny Pudi) lead the search for Borchert’s old computer lab, which was sealed off years ago. Subway returns to Greendale with plans to take over the campus for a Subway University and they enlist Chang (Ken Jeong) to secretly keep tabs on the study group. Meanwhile, Jeff (Joel McHale) and Britta (Gillian Jacobs) make a grown-up decision about their futures.
Parks and Recreation - "One in 8,000" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Leslie (Amy Poehler) and Ben (Adam Scott) run a charity auction to raise funds for the unity concert. April (Aubrey Plaza) steps in to manage Andy’s (Chris Pratt) schedule, while Donna (Retta) asks Ron (Nick Offerman) for help with her ex-boyfriend (Special Guest Star KEEGAN MICHAEL-KEY).
Sirens - "Itsy Bitsy Spider" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Hank fears spiders; Brian encounters his suicidal doppelganger; Johnny gets payback.
Saint George - "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" (FX, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Hit Me with Your Best Shot - George kicks Alma out of his house and discovers he misses fighting with her.
Anger Management - "Charlie Catches Jordan in the Act" (FX, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Charlie goes ballistic when a drunk Jordan makes out with a prisoner.
- "Buy Any Jeans Necessary" (Nick at Nite, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Gabby is held for shoplifting for returning a pair of jeans with the sensor still on, Stephanie and Charlie take sides. Meanwhile, James is selling their unopened wedding presents to make extra cash.
See Dad Run - "See Dad Teach Emily to Drive" (Nick at Nite, 8:30PM ET/PT)
David takes Emily out driving, but his "coaching" makes her nervous, and he insists Emily's not ready for the responsibility. Later, Janie discovers Dr. Monkey Chunks was run over in the driveway, and now everyone is a suspect.
Thursday, April 17
- Billy Crystal (Soap) - Catch Billy on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tony Hale (Veep/Arrested Development) - Tony appears on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Brooklyn Decker (Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Judy Greer (Mad Love/Arrested Development/Miss Guided) - Judy drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David talks about the new season of Californication on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl) - Max speaks about the new film About Alex on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea chats on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi talks about her new Lifetime movie A Day Late and a Dollar Short on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Edie talks about Nurse Jackie on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Heather Graham (Californication) - Heather talks about Californication on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Jeremy Piven (Entourage/Ellen) - Jeremy is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil discusses his new role on Broadway in Hedwig and the Angry Itch on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Jason Alexander (Seinfeld/Listen Up) - Jason is a guest on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Valerie Harper (Rhoda/The Mary Tyler Moore Show/Valerie) - Valerie talks about Signed, Sealed, Delivered on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel. She will be on Fox News Radio at 8:45am. She takes a SiriusXM Radio tour with Perri Peltz Shade 45 with SWAY, Morrning Jolt with Larry Flick, Entertainment Weekly Radio between 9:35-11:20am.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo will be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York at 9:20am.
- Ana Ortiz (A.U.S.A./Kristin) - Ana chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. She also talks about the new season of Devious Maids (premieres April 20 at 10pm on Lifetime) on Arise TV.