Tuesday, December 18, 2012
GMC Christmas Sitcom Marathon, Schedule Change Has No Amen; Hallmark Alters January 2013 Schedule with More Happy Days
GMC has rolled out its sitcom holiday episodes plan along with a new weekday lineup that is starting Wednesday, December 26, 2012! First, the holiday marathon is on Saturday, December 22 starting at 11am. Airing in this marathon will be Sister, Sister at 11am, 227 at 11:30am & 12pm, Amen from 12:30-3:30pm, and Moesha at 3:30pm. A Touched by an Angel Christmas episode marathon follows from 4pm-1am. Also, all this week in their regular time periods, you can catch holiday episodes of shows like Amen, 227, Family Ties, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman and more. And you can also watch The Waltons - The Homecoming: A Christmas Story on GMC Sunday, Dec. 23 at 9pm with an encore on Christmas Eve at 6pm. This is a GMC exclusive special that hasn't been seen on TV in over 20 years!
As for the new schedule, among the changes, The Waltons will air weekdays at 10 and 11am. 7th Heaven will remain at 12 noon, 5pm, & 6pm but will gain 7pm. Back-to-back Judging Amy and Dr. Quinn will remain from 1-5pm. Touched by an Angel airs weekdays at 8pm and Mon-Thurs 9-11pm. 227 remains in its Mon-Thurs 11pm hour. Sister, Sister returns to the weekday line-up and will air Mon-Thurs at 12 and 12:30am replacing Amen, while a second hour of 227 airs Mon-Thurs 1 and 1:30AM. Family Ties remains Mon-Thurs in the 2am hour. On Saturdays starting Saturday, December 29, we now have Family Ties from 9-11am, leading into 227 from 11am-1pm, Sister Sister from 1pm-3pm and then Moesha the rest of the day! Back to Amen, yes, it will be off the regular schedule actually after its airing this Thursday night and the Christmas episodes marathon on Saturday. Luckily Deacon Frye and company will still be airing on TV One. Stay with us for continued updates on GMC!
It was just last week we told you about the Hallmark Channel January 2013 schedule, now before it even starts they have altered the schedule a bit in the daytime. The lifestyle block will get two-more hours starting Jan. 2 because they will add an encore of Home & Family, now from 8-10am. New episodes will air 10am-12pm. Marie will now air at 12 noon with a repeat at 1pm, both replacing the previously listed The Waltons. One other schedule change will be two more hours of Happy Days, airing weekdays 2-4pm, replacing the previously scheduled Little House on the Prairie. Yes, this means both The Waltons and Little House on the Prairie are not currently listed on the January 2013 schedule. Happy Days will still air Mon-Thurs 8-10pm in addition to this newly added Mon-Fri 2-4pm block. As previously mentioned, The Brady Bunch also joins the schedule starting Jan. 2 airing weekdays 6-8pm.
Discuss this updated Hallmark schedule on our message board and to view the full Hallmark Channel January 2013 schedule. Keep it right here for continued updates on both sitcoms and Hallmark Channel in general!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, February 9
Fresh Off the Boat - "Love and Loopholes" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Honey and Marvin babysit the boys so Jessica and Louis can enjoy a Valentine’s Day evening out. But Emery makes an alarming discovery when he walks in on his parents’ special alone time. Meanwhile, Eddie pulls out all the stops to take Alison to the Janet Jackson concert.
The Muppets - "A Tale of Two Piggies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Miss Piggy suffers a scandalous wardrobe malfunction, the network is outraged, and Piggy is forced to question everything she stands for, but Kermit and the gang rally together and come to her defense. Meanwhile, Gonzo misses his ex-girlfriend Camilla, so Pepe and Rizzo decide to throw a house party to cheer him up.
New Girl - "Reagan" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A beautiful pharmaceutical rep (guest star Megan Fox) enters the gang’s life when she agrees to sublet Jess’ room while she is on jury duty.
Grandfathered - "The Biter" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Edie is bitten at school, Jimmy and Sara go to great lengths to find out who did it. Meanwhile, Ravi sets up a meeting for Gerald and Vanessa to meet a flashy tech investor named Kirk (Drake Bell), but once they meet him, they are not so sure they’d like to do business with him.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The 9-8" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The Nine-Nine host the detectives from the Nine-Eight, their neighboring precinct, reuniting Jake with his old partner (guest star Damon Wayans, Jr.). Charles is immediately jealous and tries to reclaim his best friend status with Jake. Meanwhile, the rest of the precinct tries to be welcoming to the Nine-Eight, but it doesn’t go as well as they had planned.
The Grinder - "The Retooling of Dean Sanderson" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Dean scares off a big prospective client by being too dramatic, Stewart tells him maybe it’s finally time to let go of his “Grinder” persona and come down to earth. He tries to convince Dean he should go to therapy. Dean reluctantly agrees, but in typical Dean fashion, he overcorrects and begins “therapizing” the whole family, including Debbie, who is now tempted to quit her grueling job.
Born Again Virgin - "A Pregnant Pause" (TV One, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Maddy's upsetting news to her boyfriend, Cedric; Loretta enhances her image; Kayla goes on a hunger strike for a worthy cause.
Born Again Virgin - "Mama-Pause" (TV One, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jenna’s mom comes to visit and brings her own brand of crazy, which we later find out is exacerbated by the onset of menopause. In an effort to escape Jenna’s mom, Tara and Kelly seek refuge in Donovan’s apartment and worm their way into helping him prepare for his impending trial.
Zoe Ever After - "The Interview" (BET, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Zoe is livid when she suspects Miguel has told Gemini about her Atlantic City getaway; Gemini finally gets the spotlight.
Tuesday, February 9
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred chats about The Grinder on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Meagan Good (Mr. Robinson/Raising Dad/Cousin Skeeter) - Meagan and her husband DeVon Franklin talk about their new book The Wait on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Brandy (Zoe Ever After/The Game/Moesha) - Brandy talks about Zoe Ever After and her new music on The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identiy) - Jerry is strapped in a Velcro suit and he's playing a game to win prizes for the audience on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Joe Manganiello (Mom/How I Met Your Mother) - Joe discusses his guest starring role on Mom on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS and on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. and the cast of Deadpool are guests on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Kyle Mooney (Hello Ladies) - Kyle talks about Zoolander 2 on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Alison Brie (Community) - Alison talks about How to Be Single ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Jason talks about Tumbledown on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Megan Fox (Hope & Faith) - Megan appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- The Cast of Fuller House - Candace Cameron Bure, Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) - Carl chats on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.