Thursday, September 20, 2012
Nick at Nite Original Sitcom See Dad Run Regular Night and Time; FEARnet Acquires Tales from the Crypt
Nick at Nite will premiere its brand-new live-action family sitcom executive produced by and starring Scott Baio, See Dad Run on Sunday, Oct. 14, at 8pm (ET/PT). This will be its normal night and time, as Nick at Nite will still air the pilot of See Dad Run on Saturday, Oct. 6 at 9pm (ET/PT), as previously planned. After that, the series will move to its regular Sundays at 8pm (ET/PT) time slot beginning Oct. 14. A multi-camera scripted half-hour, the series follows David Hobbs (Baio, Happy Days, Charles in Charge) an actor who, after ten years of starring as America's favorite TV dad, becomes a stay-at-home father while his soap star wife (Alanna Ubach, Legally Blonde) makes her return to the limelight. Mark Curry (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper) also stars as David's friend, Marcus. In the premiere episode, "See Dad Lose Janie," David runs into a hiccup with his stay-at-home dad responsibilities when he misplaces Janie (Bailey Michelle Brown) and must scramble to get her back before Amy finds out. Rounding out the cast are Ryan Newman (Zeke and Luther) as David's oldest daughter, Emily and Jackson Brundage (One Tree Hill) as David's son, Joe. Additionally, Ramy Youssef plays David's assistant, Kevin. 20 episodes have been ordered.
After airing its pilot episode on Oct. 6, beginning the next day (Oct. 7), the first episode of See Dad Run will be available for streaming on Nick On Demand and Nick at Nite On Demand and downloadable on iTunes, PlayStation, Xbox, Amazon and Vudu. Viewers can keep up with the show on Twitter by following the network's @nickatnitetv handle and by liking the Nick at Nite Facebook page. Also, in support of the regular Oct. 14 premiere, NickatNite.com has launched its See Dad Run show site, which includes trailers, character information, sneak peek photo galleries and message boards as well as a "Which Hobbs Kid Are You?" quiz. Full episodes will also be made available after each premiere. See the series promo:
The Emmy Award-winning anthology horror series Tales from the Crypt returns to network television starting Friday, October 5, when FEARnet debuts TV versions of the groundbreaking program on its linear channel and presents original episodes on its VOD platform. This marks the first time that Tales from the Crypt can be seen on network TV since 2004, when it was previously syndicated. On TV, Tales from the Crypt episodes will premiere Friday nights in a two-hour block on FEARnet from 10pm-12m ET/7pm-9pm PT and will be re-aired on Mondays in the same time period. The 93 produced episodes will play in order, beginning with season one and continuing through its seventh, and final, season.
The original cable versions of Tales from the Crypt, running from 1989 to 1996, are now available for the first time since their first airing, for FEARnet's VOD platform. Starting Wednesday, October 10, the premiere episodes will launch on FEARnet's VOD platform, which is currently available in more than 26 million homes. On FEARnet's industry-leading VOD Channel, the episodes will be presented in their original unedited format. Four episodes will be added to the VOD library every Wednesday, ensuring that there will always be something new and fresh for viewers to watch. Each episode will remain in the VOD library for six weeks.
Last month FEARnet launched a new weekend animation block that includes The Real Ghostbusters, so FEARnet is getting into the series programming game.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 29
Henry Danger - "Stuck in Two Holes" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Whaaaat?!? Captain Man and Kid Danger are each stuck in a hole?!? Charlotte and Jasper better go help, 'cuz Schwoz is takin' a bean bath!
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "I Want My Mae B. Back" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Mae starts to spend more time with her new boyfriend, Dawn begins to get jealous so enlists Nicky, Ricky, and Dicky to help separate them so that she can have her friend back.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.