Thursday, September 20, 2012
Nick at Nite Original Sitcom See Dad Run Regular Night and Time; FEARnet Acquires Tales from the Crypt
Nick at Nite will premiere its brand-new live-action family sitcom executive produced by and starring Scott Baio, See Dad Run on Sunday, Oct. 14, at 8pm (ET/PT). This will be its normal night and time, as Nick at Nite will still air the pilot of See Dad Run on Saturday, Oct. 6 at 9pm (ET/PT), as previously planned. After that, the series will move to its regular Sundays at 8pm (ET/PT) time slot beginning Oct. 14. A multi-camera scripted half-hour, the series follows David Hobbs (Baio, Happy Days, Charles in Charge) an actor who, after ten years of starring as America's favorite TV dad, becomes a stay-at-home father while his soap star wife (Alanna Ubach, Legally Blonde) makes her return to the limelight. Mark Curry (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper) also stars as David's friend, Marcus. In the premiere episode, "See Dad Lose Janie," David runs into a hiccup with his stay-at-home dad responsibilities when he misplaces Janie (Bailey Michelle Brown) and must scramble to get her back before Amy finds out. Rounding out the cast are Ryan Newman (Zeke and Luther) as David's oldest daughter, Emily and Jackson Brundage (One Tree Hill) as David's son, Joe. Additionally, Ramy Youssef plays David's assistant, Kevin. 20 episodes have been ordered.
After airing its pilot episode on Oct. 6, beginning the next day (Oct. 7), the first episode of See Dad Run will be available for streaming on Nick On Demand and Nick at Nite On Demand and downloadable on iTunes, PlayStation, Xbox, Amazon and Vudu. Viewers can keep up with the show on Twitter by following the network's @nickatnitetv handle and by liking the Nick at Nite Facebook page. Also, in support of the regular Oct. 14 premiere, NickatNite.com has launched its See Dad Run show site, which includes trailers, character information, sneak peek photo galleries and message boards as well as a "Which Hobbs Kid Are You?" quiz. Full episodes will also be made available after each premiere. See the series promo:
The Emmy Award-winning anthology horror series Tales from the Crypt returns to network television starting Friday, October 5, when FEARnet debuts TV versions of the groundbreaking program on its linear channel and presents original episodes on its VOD platform. This marks the first time that Tales from the Crypt can be seen on network TV since 2004, when it was previously syndicated. On TV, Tales from the Crypt episodes will premiere Friday nights in a two-hour block on FEARnet from 10pm-12m ET/7pm-9pm PT and will be re-aired on Mondays in the same time period. The 93 produced episodes will play in order, beginning with season one and continuing through its seventh, and final, season.
The original cable versions of Tales from the Crypt, running from 1989 to 1996, are now available for the first time since their first airing, for FEARnet's VOD platform. Starting Wednesday, October 10, the premiere episodes will launch on FEARnet's VOD platform, which is currently available in more than 26 million homes. On FEARnet's industry-leading VOD Channel, the episodes will be presented in their original unedited format. Four episodes will be added to the VOD library every Wednesday, ensuring that there will always be something new and fresh for viewers to watch. Each episode will remain in the VOD library for six weeks.
Last month FEARnet launched a new weekend animation block that includes The Real Ghostbusters, so FEARnet is getting into the series programming game.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.