Thursday, September 20, 2012
Nick at Nite Original Sitcom See Dad Run Regular Night and Time; FEARnet Acquires Tales from the Crypt
Nick at Nite will premiere its brand-new live-action family sitcom executive produced by and starring Scott Baio, See Dad Run on Sunday, Oct. 14, at 8pm (ET/PT). This will be its normal night and time, as Nick at Nite will still air the pilot of See Dad Run on Saturday, Oct. 6 at 9pm (ET/PT), as previously planned. After that, the series will move to its regular Sundays at 8pm (ET/PT) time slot beginning Oct. 14. A multi-camera scripted half-hour, the series follows David Hobbs (Baio, Happy Days, Charles in Charge) an actor who, after ten years of starring as America's favorite TV dad, becomes a stay-at-home father while his soap star wife (Alanna Ubach, Legally Blonde) makes her return to the limelight. Mark Curry (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper) also stars as David's friend, Marcus. In the premiere episode, "See Dad Lose Janie," David runs into a hiccup with his stay-at-home dad responsibilities when he misplaces Janie (Bailey Michelle Brown) and must scramble to get her back before Amy finds out. Rounding out the cast are Ryan Newman (Zeke and Luther) as David's oldest daughter, Emily and Jackson Brundage (One Tree Hill) as David's son, Joe. Additionally, Ramy Youssef plays David's assistant, Kevin. 20 episodes have been ordered.
After airing its pilot episode on Oct. 6, beginning the next day (Oct. 7), the first episode of See Dad Run will be available for streaming on Nick On Demand and Nick at Nite On Demand and downloadable on iTunes, PlayStation, Xbox, Amazon and Vudu. Viewers can keep up with the show on Twitter by following the network's @nickatnitetv handle and by liking the Nick at Nite Facebook page. Also, in support of the regular Oct. 14 premiere, NickatNite.com has launched its See Dad Run show site, which includes trailers, character information, sneak peek photo galleries and message boards as well as a "Which Hobbs Kid Are You?" quiz. Full episodes will also be made available after each premiere. See the series promo:
The Emmy Award-winning anthology horror series Tales from the Crypt returns to network television starting Friday, October 5, when FEARnet debuts TV versions of the groundbreaking program on its linear channel and presents original episodes on its VOD platform. This marks the first time that Tales from the Crypt can be seen on network TV since 2004, when it was previously syndicated. On TV, Tales from the Crypt episodes will premiere Friday nights in a two-hour block on FEARnet from 10pm-12m ET/7pm-9pm PT and will be re-aired on Mondays in the same time period. The 93 produced episodes will play in order, beginning with season one and continuing through its seventh, and final, season.
The original cable versions of Tales from the Crypt, running from 1989 to 1996, are now available for the first time since their first airing, for FEARnet's VOD platform. Starting Wednesday, October 10, the premiere episodes will launch on FEARnet's VOD platform, which is currently available in more than 26 million homes. On FEARnet's industry-leading VOD Channel, the episodes will be presented in their original unedited format. Four episodes will be added to the VOD library every Wednesday, ensuring that there will always be something new and fresh for viewers to watch. Each episode will remain in the VOD library for six weeks.
Last month FEARnet launched a new weekend animation block that includes The Real Ghostbusters, so FEARnet is getting into the series programming game.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, February 21
The Middle - "Dental Hijinks" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Frankie tries to get a stubborn Mike to go see Dr. Goodwin to take care of his toothache, Mike convinces the good doctor to leave his tooth alone and tell Frankie that everything was ok. But the two find themselves fabricating a story that’s so ludicrous that they fear Frankie will figure out the truth. Meanwhile, since they are nearing the end of their senior year at college, Axl, Hutch and Kenny decide it’s time to sell the fabled Winnebago; Sue tries her best to let college golf cart driver Tyler know that she likes him; and Brick attempts to write a historic Scottish rap musical – a la “Hamilton” – focusing on the life of Sergeant Charles Stuart MacKenzie.
American Housewife - "The Man Date" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Greg is delighted to finally have made a friend in Westport, fellow history buff Stan (guest star Timothy Omundson), but Katie isn’t as happy, especially since Stan is married to her nemesis, Chloe Brown Mueller (Jessica St. Clair).
Fresh Off the Boat - "The Gloves Are Off" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jessica accidentally befriends Marvin’s ex-wife, Sarah (Heather Locklear), and tries to help her and Honey settle their longstanding rift. Meanwhile, Louis and the boys are on a mission to determine Grandma’s true age in hopes of surprising her with a new, free motorized wheelchair.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Confirmation" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Shannon asks VP Murray to be her godfather leading up to her confirmation, Eileen fears her own relationship with him might be moving too fast. Shannon’s big day also has a surprising effect on Kenny’s relationship when Brett says, “I love you,” sending Kenny into a tailspin. Meanwhile, the return of a hot former babysitter puts Pat and Jimmy at odds when she constantly makes passes at Pat.
New Girl - "Rumsprings" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Jess gets nervous about starting her new position as principal, Nick and Schmidt decide to take her on a relaxing day trip to Solvang, which quickly goes “sideways.” Meanwhile, with Cece’s help, Winston tries to finalize his divorce from Rhonda, but finds that he and Aly are caught in a series of never-ending pranks.
The Mick - "The Baggage" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Mickey’s unwanted suitors team up to thwart her new romance. Meanwhile, Sabrina and Alba teach Ben a lesson in responsibility.
The Detour - "The City" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Robin isn't thrilled about Nate's new job in New York City, but the family heads out from Syracuse anyway.
Teachers - "Brokebitch Mountain" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Ms. Feldman can’t make ends meet on her salary and takes a second job. Ms. Watson notices a romantic spark between two of her second grade students. The Teachers take advantage of Principal Pearson.
Tuesday, February 21
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Catch Tom on a repeat of the 2011 Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Will visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison talks about Girls and Get Out on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. Finally, she will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Mae Whitman (Arrested Development) - Mae visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. She also talks about Rock Dog on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Zach Braff (Scrubs) - Zach guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Jason talks about The Detour on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 1pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Judd Hirsch (Superior Donuts/Dear John/Taxi) and Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Judd and Jermaine are guests on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym and Kim Gravel help a woman snoop through two bachelors' homes in order to choose which she should date on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Ashley Gerasimovich (The Detour) - Ashley is a guest on Cheddar at 12:15pm. Ashley and Liam Carroll will be on Facebook Live on the TBS Facebook account at approx. 4:00pm. Ashley, Liam, Jason Jones and Natalie Zea will be on Facebook live at approx. 8:00PM EST on the official The Detour Facebook page.