Friday, August 03, 2012
On to some holiday movies, when budget cuts force the merger of two New York City high schools, two music teachers aim to compete in the largest, televised Christmas Carol competition that will determine the fate of the school's music program and the teachers' jobs. Natasha Henstridge (Eli Stone, The Secret Circle) and Gabriel Hogan (Heartland) star in Christmas Song, a Hallmark Channel Original Movie, premiering Holiday 2012. Also, two former arch enemies, each desperate to put on the best Thanksgiving Day Parade in the history of Chicago, will throw caution to the wind (and, directly into the path of marching bands, horses and riders) and fall in love before the last brightly festooned float rounds the corner in Love At the Thanksgiving Day Parade, a Hallmark Channel Original Movie starring Autumn Reeser (Last Resort, No Ordinary Family) and Antonio Cupo, premiering Holiday 2012. Ben Cotton (Hellcats) also stars in the film. More holiday movies coming up include The Wishing Tree, Christmas Baby, Hitched for the Holidays, The Christmas Heart, Christmas Dance, Matchmaker Santa, and It's Christmas, Carol! Stars include Joey Lawrence, Merilu Henner, John Ratzenberger, Lacey Chabert, Florence Henderson, Teri Polo, Tess Harper, Stephanie Mills, Carrie Fisher and Carson Kressley. Hallmark Channel also announced that the network's Original Animated Special Jingle and Bell's Christmas Star, sequel to the network's critically acclaimed, first-ever Original Animated Special, Jingle All the Way [OAD November 25, 2011], will premiere Holiday 2012. Hallmark Channel's "Countdown to Christmas" is the biggest holiday destination on television, premiering more original holiday programs than any other network.
Other non-holiday movies coming up for Hallmark Channel include Naomi Judd in Nearlyweds premiering Jan. 12 and Cedar Cove starring Andie MacDowell in first quarter 2013. Spin-off network The Hallmark Movie Channel will be working on three movies: Strawberry Summer on Aug. 25 starring Shelley Long (Cheers) and Cindy Williams (Laverne & Shirley) star alongside Julie Mond and Trevor Donovan; Kellie Martin (Life Goes On, Mystery Woman) in I Married Who on Oct. 6 and Common Law (working title) on October 13 starring George Wendt (Cheers).
Day three of the TCA Summer 2012 press tour includes news from Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite and VH1.
As we previously reported, Scott Baio's new sitcom for Nick at Nite is currently in production. We have a couple of updates. The show was previously titled Daddy's Home, but it will now be called See Dad Run. Nick at Nite's first-ever original live-action family comedy executive produced by and starring Scott Baio, See Dad Run will premiere on Saturday, October 6. A multi-camera scripted half-hour, the series follows David Hobbs (Baio) an actor who, after ten years of starring as America's favorite TV dad, becomes a stay-at-home father to honor the deal he made with his soap star wife (Alanna Ubach, Meet the Fockers) so that she may return to the limelight. Mark Curry (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper) also joins the series as David's friend, Marcus. Rounding out the cast are Ryan Newman (Zeke and Luther) and Bailey Michelle Brown as David's daughters, Emily and Janie, and Jackson Brundage (One Tree Hill) as David's son, Joe. Additionally, Ramy Youssef plays David's assistant, Kevin. The series is currently in production on the former Happy Days stage (stage 19) in Los Angeles.
In other Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite news, they have greenlit over a dozen new live-action, animation and TV movie projects – featuring top creativee talent in front of and behind the camera, iconic characters from its most popular series and an animated talking snake – that will begiin rolling out this fall and into 2013. Nick at Nite has a series order for Wendell and Vinnie for 20 episodes. iCarrly's Jerry Trainor stars as Vinnie, a lovable, goofball uncle who becomes the guardian to his buttoned-up 12-year-old nephew Wendell (Buddy Handleson, Shake It Up). Nicole Sullivan (The King of Queens, The Penguins of Madagascar) also stars as Vinnie's high-strung older sister Wilma. The comedy series was written by Jay Kogen (Frasier, George Lopez) and will be executive produced by Aaron Kaplan (GCB, Terra Nova). Three additional comedy pilots have been ordered by Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite. Nickelodeon has greenlit Sam & Cat and Gibby, featuring beloved characters from hit series iCarly and Victorious. Nick at Nite has a pilot order for Instant Mom (working title). It stars Tia Mowry (Sister, Sister) as a 25-year old party girl who trades in Cosmos for carpools when she marries an older man with kids. The project is executive produced by Aaron Kaplan (GCB, Terra Nova) with Warren Bell (Ellen, According to Jim, What I Like About You) and Jessica Butler (According to Jim, In Plain Sight) serving as writers/executive producers.
And finally, VH1 has a new series in development which features updates on many sitcom and television stars. Miss You Much, hosted by actress-comedienne Catherine Reitman, will premiere in early 2013. Eight half-hour episodes are being produced. An one-hour sneak peak special will air on Sunday, September 9 at 10pm ET/PT.
Each week, Miss You Much will profile three of your favorite celebrities and take a peek inside at what they are doing now with their lives. Catherine spends a day with each celebrity and asks the questions all adoring fans would love to ask - even getting a little too 'personal' at times. Some of the celebs featured in the series include: Aaron Carter (singer/actor), Alan Thicke (Growing Pains), Andrea Barber (Full House), Beverley Mitchell (7th Heaven), Brian McKnight (singer), Coolio (rapper), Corin Nemec (Parker Lewis Can't Lose), Dave Coulier (Full House), Danielle Fishel (Boy Meets World), David Chokachi (Baywatch), Darius McCrary (Family Matters), Dennis Haskins (Saved by the Bell), Jaimee Foxworth (Family Matters), Jamie Walters (90210), Jeff Timmons (98 Degrees), Jeremy Jackson (Baywatch), Jeremy Miller (Growing Pains), Justin Guarini (American Idol), Kelly Packard (Baywatch), Lark Voorhies (Saved by the Bell), Mara Wilson (Mrs. Doubtfire), Nicholas Brendon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Romeo (rapper/actor), Samm Levine (Freaks and Geeks), Sasha Mitchell (Step by Step) and many others.
VH1 also has another series on child stars (including 3rd Rock from the Sun's Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Home Improvement's Taran Noah Smith) scheduled to air later this year. VH1's 100 Greatest Kid Stars premieres on Thursday, November 29 and Sunday, December 2 at 9PM ET/PT. The 5-part special hosted by Catherine Reitman (VH1's Miss You Much) provides a nostalgic look back over the last 2 decades at some of entertainment's biggest 'little' stars from Macaulay Culkin to Elijah Wood to Dakota Fanning. Each one-hour edition features performances along with new and original interviews with some of today's biggest adult stars back in their 'kiddie' days like Anna Paquin, Lindsay Lohan, Michelle Williams, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Hanson, Lil' Romeo, Mara Wilson, Taran Noah Smith, Samm Levine and many more. You'll also see early musical performances of today's biggest recording stars like Britney Spears, Justin Bieber, and Miley Cyrus when they were little and even more adorable.
Stay tuned starting next week for our annual cable fall schedules barrage! We have TV Land, WGN America, and many other network's schedules to tell you about!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of August 6-10, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, August 6, 2012
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) - Watch Jon on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Robin Williams (Mork & Mindy) - Robin is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Steve visits ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Niecy Nash (The Soul Man) - Niecy appears on a repeat of Anderson, so check your local listings.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Catch Bryan on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Dreama Walker (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Dreama appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel guest co-hosts a repeat of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jorge Garcia (Becker) - Tune in to see Jorge on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric joins the Chew Crew on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Amy on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Chris Rock (Everybody Hates Chris) - Chris visits ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am. He will later be on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Steve drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia is a guest on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Catch Ray on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody stops by The Colbert Report at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Matt LeBlanc (Episodes/Friends) - Matt visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Arsenio is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Rico Rodriguez (Modern Family) - Rico appears on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory/8 Simple Rules) - Kaley chats on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch) - Melissa joins the Chew Crew on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy is a guest on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Dick Van Dyke (The Dick Van Dyke Show) - Dick discusses breakfast food on a repeat of The Doctors, so check your local listings.
- Tiffani Thiessen (Saved by the Bell) - Tiffani tells how to prevent wrinkles and banish bloat on a repeat of The Doctors, so check your local listings.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Watch Lisa on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Steve appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kristen Johnston (The Exes/3rd Rock From the Sun) - Kristen is a guest on a repeat of Tavis Smiley on PBS, but check listings for time.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia is on an encore broadcast of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Arsenio guest co-hosts a repeat of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jean Smart (Designing Women/Samantha Who?) - Jean visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jean-Luc Bilodeau, Derek Theler and Tahj Mowry (Baby Daddy) - The men of Baby Daddy join the Chew Crew on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Sheen (Two and a Half Men, Shawnee Smith (Becker and Brett Butler (Grace Under Fire) - The cast of Anger Management appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, April 26
The Goldbergs - "Fonzie Scheme" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Murray is honored as one of Jenkintown’s top businessmen, his plaque is hung on a wall with all of the other honorees. And soon Beverly is dismayed to learn he has no discernable hobbies, and her attempts to help him find some backfire. Meanwhile, Barry creates a scheme stealing golf carts, but the situation goes awry and Erica comes to save the day.
Speechless - "R-U-N-- RUNAWAY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Maya learns JJ attempted to run away, she is determined to help him complete the task as any able-bodied person could, but her actions exasperate JJ, as he longs for independence. Meanwhile, Jimmy struggles to have hard talks with the kids without Maya, and Dylan tries to get Kenneth to revive his glory days as a high school sports star.
black-ish - "Sister, Sister" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bow’s sister comes to town after filming a stint on a reality show, and they couldn’t have less in common. Meanwhile, Zoey suggests that Dre spend more time with Junior since she’s leaving for college, and Jack and Diane decide to rebrand themselves.
black-ish - "All Groan Up" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Zoey gets into several colleges around the country, Dre and Bow begin to feel worried and sentimental. They reflect back on memories they’ve had with the family and wonder what life will be like without her around all the time. Pops enlists the twins to try and sway Zoey to go to college in a city they want to visit.
Nobodies - "Not the Emmys" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Award season! Larry, Rachel and Hugh are going to the Annies… while all their Groundlings friends are going to the Emmys.
Lopez - "No Country Club for Young Men" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
George gets Hector a job at his country club, but he falls in with a bad crowd of rich kids. Olly's little sister rolls back into town while Manolo struggles to stay focused in his GED class.
Hollywood Darlings - "Driving Miss Jodie" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jodie must choose between a sports car and a minivan; Christine's dream of participating in an exclusive yoga class is thwarted by a loud-breathing celebrity classmate.
Return of the Mac - "The Wrong Stuff" (Pop, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Feeling threatened by newly appointed sidekick Joey Fatone, Joe heads to a comedy club to hone his comedy monologue skills.
Wednesday, April 26
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris and the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley) - Thomas visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Maria Bamford (Lady Dynamite) - Maria appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Henry Zebrowski (A to Z) - Henry is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Molly Ringwald (Townies/The Facts of Life) - Molly stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Anna Chlumsky (Veep) - Anna stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Sherri Shepherd (Trial & Error/Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri talks about the disease she won’t let destroy her on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your loclal listings.
- Felicity Huffman (Sports Night) - Felicity makes pecan bars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.