Thursday, July 12, 2012
Classic Friday Nights on TV One With Jeffersons, Good Times, & More; FEARNet Acquires Real Ghostbusters, and More!
TV One is going back to the '70s and '80s on Friday nights in primetime starting this month! Last Friday (July 6), TV One aired a mixture of The Jeffersons and Good Times starting at 8pm and running through 2am. The rest of the month will feature these two classic CBS sitcoms as well! For the next two Fridays (July 13 and July 20), enjoy episodes of The Jeffersons in a block from 8pm-1am, with an hour of Good Times at 1am. On Friday, July 27, Good Times takes over the entire block starting at 8pm. In August, we have more shows being added to the mix! Friday, August 3 will have two Clifton Davis series airing, first up Amen from 8-11pm, followed by That's My Mama from 11pm-2am. More marathons will be announced in the coming weeks.
In other TV One news, there will be plenty of sitcom marathons/stunts, especially on Saturdays starting at 12 noon following the regular Saturday morning (6am-12pm) sitcom block. The Saturday marathon/stunts starting at 12 noon will feature sitcoms such as Martin, A Different World, Living Single, and Good Times. So make sure to check your listings to see these shows! Returning to the TV One line-up in August will be the short-lived sitcom Between Brothers, every Saturday from 10-11am in their Saturday morning block. Stay with us for further updates on TV One, as there are no new additions right now. Possibly this fall? We'll let you know on our annual cable fall schedule barrage starting very soon!
Saturday mornings are about to get more cooler and '80s style when everything was great! FEARnet, cable's premier destination for horror, suspense and thriller content, is adding a new two-hour weekend programming block starting Saturday, August 18. The morning segment, dubbed "Funhouse," features half-hour animated programs The Real Ghostbusters from the '80s and Tales from the Cryptkeeper from the '90s, as well as live-action suspense dramas Eerie, Indiana from the early '90s and Canadian export Dark Oracle which aired from 2004-06. The "Funhouse" block will be broadcast Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. ET and re-aired the next day, Sunday, in the same time period on the linear TV channel.
FEARnet's new "Funhouse" lineup marks the first time that the emerging cable network has broadcast both animated and live-action acquired series in a combined themed block of time. In fact, the block will highlight three all-time favorite television shows that haven't been nationally broadcast in over a decade. Dark Oracle currently airs on THIStv Sunday mornings at 9-10am ET. The line-up on both days has The Real Ghostbusters at 10am ET, followed by Tales from the Cryptkeeper at 10:30am, Eerie Indiana at 11am and Dark Oracle at 11:30am. The Real Ghostbusters was last seen on the former Fox Family Channel (now known as ABC Family) in 1999, so has been a long time since it has aired on television. I ain't afraid of no ghost!
FEARNet does have an original sitcom titled Holliston and it wrapped up its first season this past spring with six half-hour episodes. The Adam Green comedy was renewed for a second season and will return in summer 2013. FEARnet's first original scripted television series, is a riotous and offbeat multi-camera, buddy comedy starring Adam Green and Joe Lynch. Set in the town of Holliston (near Boston), the series shines a light on the post-college life where everything is a struggle, and nothing works out like it's supposed to. With terrifyingly funny results, Adam and Joe struggle to become big-time horror filmmakers while hosting late night scary movies at the local cable station, and Adam embarrasses himself as he tries to win back his high school girlfriend. Think of Holliston as Big Bang Theory meets Evil Dead 2. The ensemble cast features Laura Ortiz, Corri English (Worst Audition Ever, lead singer of Brokedown Cadillac), Dee Snider and Oderus Urungus.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Dependence Transcedence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Tensions rise when the boys struggle to complete their government project on time and Sheldon tries an energy drink to stay awake. Also, Penny and Amy go to a “party” at Bert (Brian Posehn) the geologist’s house, and Kooothrappali learns Bernadette’s true feelings about her pregnancy when they clean out the future baby room. Dean Norris returns as Air Force Representative Colonel Williams.
Man with a Plan - "Assisted Living" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam's parents visit unannounced, they reveal surprising plans for their future living arrangements. Emmy Award winner Swoosie Kurtz and Stacy Keach guest star as Bev and Joe, Adam and Don’s parents.
Superior Donuts - "Takin' It to the Streets" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Franco and Sweatpants discover their new landlord, Fawz, wants to convert their apartment building into luxury condos, they decide to organize a protest. Also, Randy realizes she needs to be nicer to James in order to get a good recommendation for her sergeant’s exam.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Dad Day Afternoon" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Han’s new therapist suggests that Max needs to confront her “daddy issues” and fear of intimacy, she reluctantly heads to Rhode Island to track down her birth father with the diner gang in tow. Also, Oleg is up in arms when Sophie wants him to help out around the house.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.