Friday, August 31, 2012
GMC Fall 2012 Schedule With Touched by an Angel; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of September 3, 2012)
Today we bring you the GMC Fall 2012 schedule! They will be adding one new series this fall, the popular '90s drama Touched by an Angel. The series will fit right in with fellow dramas like The Waltons, Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman and 7th Heaven. The new addition will have a launch marathon on Saturday, September 15 from 7pm-3am and an even longer one the day on Sunday, September 16 from 9am-2am. The series will then settle into its regular weekday timeslots starting Monday, September 17 at 7pm and 8pm. The series will also air on Monday nights at 9 and 10pm in primetime. All of its airings will be replacing a few 7th Heaven airings, but not to worry, that show is still scheduled in its other timeslots (see below). In fact other than these changes for Touched, there are no other schedule changes at all. We still have Family Ties kicking off weekdays 10am-12pm, 7th Heaven at noon, back-to-back hours of Judging Amy from 1-3pm, two episodes of Dr. Quinn from 3-5pm, then a double shot of 7th Heaven from 5-7pm leading into twice as nice Touched from 7-9pm. Primetime will still have a different program each night from 9-11pm: Mondays it is now Touched by an Angel, Tuesdays it is still 7th Heaven, Wednesdays still is Heartland, Thursdays it is The Waltons (which are its only regular airings now), and a movie on Fridays. Late nights will still feature two episodes of sitcom 227 at 11pm, followed by two episodes of the Sherman Hemsley comedy Amen and then two more episodes of 227 at 1am. And finally on Saturdays, it is still Sister, Sister mornings from 9am-1pm then Moesha in the afternoon and evening from 1-7pm.
On the beloved Touched by an Angel, an angel named Monica (Roma Downey) and her supervisor, Tess (Della Reese), are tasked with bringing messages of love from God to troubled people. From the third season on, Monica and Tess are frequently joined by Andrew (John Dye), the angel of death (who first appeared as a recurring character in season two). In the later seasons, they are joined by Valerie Bertinelli, another rookie angel. Many guest stars appeared in the series, including Jasmine Guy, Delta Burke, Bill Cosby, John Ritter and many others. Touched By An Angel ran for 211 episodes and nine seasons until its conclusion in 2003.
As for other stunts, this coming Monday they will have a "Labor" Day marathon! It's a full day of your favorite TV moms in their finest hour, or two, or 13... whatever it takes! If you love babies, or even puppies, you'll want to tune in for GMC's 13 Hours of Labor Day Marathon beginning at 10am ET with Family Ties, then The Waltons, Judging Amy, Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman and many episodes of 7th Heaven.
View the full GMC Fall 2012 schedule. We will let you know if anything comes later this fall, but so far the only new addition is Touched by an Angel.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of September 3-7, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, September 3, 2012
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Watch Thomas on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Kelly Ripa (Hope & Faith) - Kelly is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Kristen Johnston (The Exes/3rd Rock from the Sun) - Tune in to see Kristen on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Breckin Meyer (Married to the Kellys/Inside Schwartz) - Breckin appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ana Gasteyer (Suburgatory) - Ana visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Jami Gertz (The Neighbors/Still Standing/Square Pegs) - Jami is interviewed in an encore airing of The Chew Presents ABC's Fall Primetime Preview Special at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Reba McEntire (Malibu Country/Reba) - Reba is interviewed in an encore airing of The Chew Presents ABC's Fall Primetime Preview Special at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Catch Jamie on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) - Kunal stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi) - Marilu is a guest on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) and Jane Leeves (Hot in Cleveland/Frasier) - Two of the stars of Hot in Cleveland appear on a repeat of The Nate Berkus Show, so check your local listings.
- Bob Newhart (The Bob Newhart Show/Newhart/Bob) - Watch the legendary Mr. Newhart, who celebrates 40 years on television, on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Ellen Barkin (The New Normal) - Ellen drops by Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi talks about The X Factor on NBC's Today between 7-9am. She also visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. Finally, she will also be on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Big Time Rush - The cast of Big Time Rush are guests on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/The Knights of Prosperity/Hot Properties) - Sofia is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) - Yvette guest co-hosts a repeat of The Nate Berkus Show, so check your local listings.
- Ellen DeGeneres (Ellen) - Catch Ellen on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Angela Kinsey (The Office) - Angela visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenny McCarthy (Two and a Half Men/Jenny) - Jenny appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Betty is a guest on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda stops by NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Matthew Perry (Go On/Mr. Sunshine/Friends) - Watch Matthew on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Lizzy Caplan (Party Down/The Class/The Pitts) - Lizzy chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Ellen Barkin (The New Normal) - Ellen talks about The New Normal on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, April 25
The Middle - "Trip and Fall" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Trashy neighbor Rita Glossner (Brooke Shields) talks an apprehensive Frankie into taking a road trip to an unknown destination; Mike takes an embarrassing fall at the quarry and has to deal with even more embarrassment when OSHA is called in to investigate; and Sue attempts to convince Axl to end his estrangement with the family after learning their true feelings about April.
American Housewife - "The Otto Motto" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Taylor keeps quitting school activities, Greg says that Katie, quite the quitter herself, sets a poor example. He challenges her to finally learn French after quitting lessons so long ago, so she reluctantly enrolls in a college class.
Speechless - "S-I-- SICK D-A-- DAY" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Maya gets sick, Jimmy is forced to be the mom of the house, and Dylan becomes Kenneth’s replacement for JJ when Kenneth also gets sick. Jimmy ends up doing well with Maya’s normal duties, but he tries to keep it from her to avoid her feeling bad. Meanwhile, JJ protects Dylan from a boy she’s interested in. And despite its illness, the family bands together and pulls an all-nighter to finish Ray’s school project.
Imaginary Mary - "In a World Where Worlds Collide" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Alice freaks out when her friends want to meet Ben. But when an outing with everyone goes surprisingly well, Alice wants to meet Ben’s friends. However, Ben is hesitant but devises a plan that will impress Alice; but later, he makes a surprising admission.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Last Ride" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
In what could be their last case as partners, Jake and Charles go to great extremes to apprehend a local bike thief. Terry shockingly isn’t in the lead for “Mr. Nine-Nine” (the detective who has solved the most cases), leaving Rosa determined to boost his ego. Meanwhile, Amy spends some precious time with Holt.
The Mick - "The Implant" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Sabrina tells Mickey she wants to augment her figure, so Mickey decides the best way to dissuade her from doing so is to do a test-run in public. Meanwhile, Jimmy takes Chip and Ben to a baseball game to teach them how to be more masculine.
Great News - "Pilot" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan), a frustrated cable news producer, is horrified when her mom, Carol (Andrea Martin), gets an internship at "The Breakdown." Despite Katie's best efforts, Carol is instantly beloved by the entire office, including blowhard veteran anchor Chuck (John Michael Higgins). But when Katie hits a roadblock while producing a big story, she realizes that maybe having a mom at work isn't such a bad thing.
Great News - "Bear Attack" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) tries to set workplace boundaries with Carol (Andrea Martin), but when a big story about an escaped bear lands in her lap, her mom can't help but meddle. Meanwhile, Greg (Adam Campbell) tries to get Chuck (John Michael Higgins) and Portia (Nicole Richie) to do a little friendly banter at the end of the show.
The Detour - "The Mule" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Robin and Nate live out their action movie fantasies as they make their way to the kids, who are actually doing fine without them.
The Detour - "The Ass" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
The family reunites, but this time Robin makes a huge mistake.
Tuesday, April 25
- Amanda Peet (Brockmire/Togetherness/Bent) - Catch Amanda on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. She also appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Sanaa stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Reid Scott (Veep/My Boys) - Reid visits Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Arden Myrin (Working) - Arden appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Andrea Martin (Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea talks about Good News on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Jason talks about The Detour on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Ross Lynch (Austin & Ally) - Ross opens up about his new movie My Friend Dahmer on People Now at 8:30am.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Peter Engel (Producer of Saved by the Bell/California Dreams/Hang Time) - Peter dishes about his new memoir I Was Saved by the Bell on the The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Sherri Shepherd (Trial & Error/Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Danny DeVito (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia/Taxi) - Danny appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.