Tuesday, July 03, 2012
As we hinted a few weeks ago, CMT has acquired two new sitcoms and we can now reveal what they are! Two long-running, family-oriented sitcoms Reba and Yes, Dear will make their way to CMT this Fall as part of a multi-year licensing deal with Twentieth Television. Syndicated episodes of Reba and Yes, Dear will air in weekday blocks beginning Wednesday, August 1, 2012. The network will also air seven straight hours of Reba as part of a fan-voted marathon on Saturday, August 18. So, beginning July 13, fans can vote via CMT's Facebook page to pick their all-time favorite episodes of the beloved sitcom.
Reba will kick off primetime weeknights on CMT from 7:00-9:00pm ET and it will also air afternoons 4:00-5:00pm ET. Starring country music powerhouse Reba McEntire, the series ran for six successful seasons, totaling 127 episodes. Yes, Dear will serve as the lead-in to Reba, airing weeknights from 5:00-7:00pm ET. These acquisitions complement CMT's current line-up (off-network series like Dukes of Hazzard and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition), and the network also has more originals in production than any time in its history.
Currently Reba airs on Lifetime and Yes, Dear airs on Nick at Nite. As of the end of June, TBS no longer airs Yes, Dear. The question you might have is, will Reba continue on Lifetime as it is coming to CMT? It doesn't look like it, but we will confirm that very soon. We can however tell you that Reba will be coming to ANOTHER cable network in August, in addition to CMT. What network do you think it will be? Start the guessing game! As for Yes, Dear, both Nick at Nite and CMT are a part of the Viacom library so they will be sharing the sitcom.
Moving on, we have another acquisition for you! "We have to go back!" Modern television was changed forever with the series premiere of Lost on September 22, 2004. From the mind of celebrated television producer J.J. Abrams, Lost follows a group of plane crash survivors as they struggle to persevere on a supernatural, mysterious island in the middle of the South Pacific Ocean. An instant hit and cult favorite through its original run on ABC, Lost was the recipient of numerous awards, including an Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series in 2005. Whether viewers missed any of the action the first time, or just want to re-experience the pop culture phenomenon, G4 will air the entire series in four episode installments every Monday, beginning Monday, July 16 at 8pm ET/PT.
The hit drama was shared with the then Sci-Fi Channel back in Fall 2008 but both Sci-Fi (now known as Syfy) and G4 have not aired the drama in a while. G4 never has aired season six, so for the first time they will be airing the entire series. Get ready to go back and relive the entire series every Monday from 8pm-12am ET starting July 16!
The survivors featured on Lost include a diverse group of people from different walks of life - a doctor (Matthew Fox), an escaped fugitive (Evangeline Lilly), a con man (Josh Holloway), an Iraqi interrogator (Naveen Andrews), a married Korean couple (Daniel Dae Kim and Yunjin Kim) and a man formerly confined to a wheelchair who is inexplicably healed (Terry O'Quinn). As the castaways attempt to get home, flashbacks (and forwards) illuminate their troubled lives before and after the crash, as the island they find themselves stranded on begins to slowly reveal its mysterious nature. The island holds many secrets, including a mysterious smoke monster, polar bears, hatches with electricity and hot & cold running water, a group of island residents known as "The Others," and a mysterious man named Jacob. Faith, reason, destiny and free will all clash as the island offers opportunities for both corruption and redemption ... but as to its true purpose? That's the greatest mystery of all.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.