Tuesday, July 03, 2012
As we hinted a few weeks ago, CMT has acquired two new sitcoms and we can now reveal what they are! Two long-running, family-oriented sitcoms Reba and Yes, Dear will make their way to CMT this Fall as part of a multi-year licensing deal with Twentieth Television. Syndicated episodes of Reba and Yes, Dear will air in weekday blocks beginning Wednesday, August 1, 2012. The network will also air seven straight hours of Reba as part of a fan-voted marathon on Saturday, August 18. So, beginning July 13, fans can vote via CMT's Facebook page to pick their all-time favorite episodes of the beloved sitcom.
Reba will kick off primetime weeknights on CMT from 7:00-9:00pm ET and it will also air afternoons 4:00-5:00pm ET. Starring country music powerhouse Reba McEntire, the series ran for six successful seasons, totaling 127 episodes. Yes, Dear will serve as the lead-in to Reba, airing weeknights from 5:00-7:00pm ET. These acquisitions complement CMT's current line-up (off-network series like Dukes of Hazzard and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition), and the network also has more originals in production than any time in its history.
Currently Reba airs on Lifetime and Yes, Dear airs on Nick at Nite. As of the end of June, TBS no longer airs Yes, Dear. The question you might have is, will Reba continue on Lifetime as it is coming to CMT? It doesn't look like it, but we will confirm that very soon. We can however tell you that Reba will be coming to ANOTHER cable network in August, in addition to CMT. What network do you think it will be? Start the guessing game! As for Yes, Dear, both Nick at Nite and CMT are a part of the Viacom library so they will be sharing the sitcom.
Moving on, we have another acquisition for you! "We have to go back!" Modern television was changed forever with the series premiere of Lost on September 22, 2004. From the mind of celebrated television producer J.J. Abrams, Lost follows a group of plane crash survivors as they struggle to persevere on a supernatural, mysterious island in the middle of the South Pacific Ocean. An instant hit and cult favorite through its original run on ABC, Lost was the recipient of numerous awards, including an Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series in 2005. Whether viewers missed any of the action the first time, or just want to re-experience the pop culture phenomenon, G4 will air the entire series in four episode installments every Monday, beginning Monday, July 16 at 8pm ET/PT.
The hit drama was shared with the then Sci-Fi Channel back in Fall 2008 but both Sci-Fi (now known as Syfy) and G4 have not aired the drama in a while. G4 never has aired season six, so for the first time they will be airing the entire series. Get ready to go back and relive the entire series every Monday from 8pm-12am ET starting July 16!
The survivors featured on Lost include a diverse group of people from different walks of life - a doctor (Matthew Fox), an escaped fugitive (Evangeline Lilly), a con man (Josh Holloway), an Iraqi interrogator (Naveen Andrews), a married Korean couple (Daniel Dae Kim and Yunjin Kim) and a man formerly confined to a wheelchair who is inexplicably healed (Terry O'Quinn). As the castaways attempt to get home, flashbacks (and forwards) illuminate their troubled lives before and after the crash, as the island they find themselves stranded on begins to slowly reveal its mysterious nature. The island holds many secrets, including a mysterious smoke monster, polar bears, hatches with electricity and hot & cold running water, a group of island residents known as "The Others," and a mysterious man named Jacob. Faith, reason, destiny and free will all clash as the island offers opportunities for both corruption and redemption ... but as to its true purpose? That's the greatest mystery of all.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, October 23
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of last season’s Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-a-Witch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
The Simpsons - "Trust But Clarify" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
Son of Zorn - "A Taste of Zephyria" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After learning how Zephyria is depicted in the media, Zorn attempts to teach Alan about his culture. Meanwhile, Edie wages war with her new neighbors over their talking garden gnome.
Family Guy - "Inside Family Guy" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
FAMILY GUY takes viewers behind the scenes of a regular “FAMILY GUY” production week, with James Woods as the guide. See the ins-and-outs of what goes into the making of a “FAMILY GUY” episode and watch the drama unfold as Peter is replaced and ends up in the office of Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman to pitch his very own new series.
The Last Man on Earth - "Five Hoda Kotbs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
A post-apocalyptic road trip has everyone at war with each other and Gail is really pushed to her breaking point.
Bizaardvark - "Spoiler Alert: Belissa Returns" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Paige and Frankie hit a writing slump and other bad things start happening to them, Paige begins to think they are cursed; Amelia and Dirk are at odds when the lifestyle Diva declutters the Dare Lair.
Sunday, October 23
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.