Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Well kiss my grits! We first broke the news about ten days ago that Warner Archive was hinting that they are releasing Alice: The Complete First Season as a MOD title, but now we have an actual release date! And that date is...TODAY! Talk about working fast! We broke the news yesterday evening (early to rise, indeed!) on Twitter, Facebook and our message boards that the first season will be released today, June 12. All 24 episodes from the freshman season will be available to finally own!
"...And if things work out she's going to stay awhile." And they sure did, resulting in "new girl" Alice sticking around for a triumphant nine-season (1976-1985 on CBS) run that saw this new style sitcom become the standard bearer for the next generation of TV comedy. Alice is the story of Alice Hyatt (Linda Lavin), a recently widowed single mom who finds herself working as a waitress at an Arizona diner while caring for her pre-teen son, Tommy (Philip McKeon). The inimitable Vic Tayback plays Mel, the gruff owner of the diner, while Beth Howland and Polly Holliday play her co-workers, neurotic Vera and no-nonsense Flo. This 3-disc, 24-episode collection collects the entire first season of the Bicentennial-era break-out hit, including the rarely seen pilot episode featuring Alfred Lutter from Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore, the film inspiration for Alice. Guest stars include Batman's Adam West, Victor Buono, and Dark Shadow's Lara Parker.
Order today from Warner Archive and also view a clip from the DVD above! Stay with us later in the week for our DVD review of Alice: The Complete First Season. And as always, join us Saturday for our weekly Digital Digest for a complete wrap-up of the week's digital news!
The new Dallas premieres tomorrow night on TNT with a two-episode premiere starting at 9/8c, but fans craving the original series or new fans curious to see the classic series after watching the revival will have a chance to watch the classic series! Cable network CMT, which has previously aired a few marathons of the classic, will salute the classic series by airing a marathon of the original series the day after the premiere of the updated reboot. CMT will air the first five episodes of the classic Dallas from 12pm-5pm on Thursday, June 14. They also have plans to air additional episodes next week, as of now Tuesday at 6 and 7PM (but they could expand that).
Dallas had it all. Beautiful women, expensive cars, and men playing Monopoly with real buildings. It had the best trans-season cliffhanger in history that had the whole world asking "Who shot J.R.?" Dallas is an important part of American History, if not world history. Tune in to the new series on Wednesday at 9/8c on TNT and then relive the first five episodes of the classic series on CMT on Thursday from 12-5pm ET! The new Dallas stars Josh Henderson, Jesse Metcalfe, Jordana Brewster, Julie Gonzalo and Brenda Strong, and they will be joined by iconic stars from the original series Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray and Larry Hagman as J.R. Ewing.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 3
Henry Danger - "Dodging Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Henry uses his new super power to compete in a Dodge-A-Leen tournament, Ray, Schwoz, and Charlotte go undercover to teach Henry a lesson.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.