Thursday, May 17, 2012
9:00PM Gossip Girl / The Carrie Diaries (mid-season, NEW!)
8:00PM Hart of Dixie
9:00PM Emily Owens, M.D. (NEW!)
8:00PM Arrow (NEW!)
8:00PM The Vampire Diaries
9:00PM Beauty and the Beast (NEW!)
8:00PM America's Next Top Model
New Series: The Carrie Diaries (drama), Cult (drama)
NOTES: The CW picks up five new dramas for the 2012-13 season. The CW will plan to strategically rollout its new fall season starting in early October 2012. Specific dates to be announced at a later time.
On Monday nights, the most famous zip code in America, 90210, returns at 8:00-9:00 p.m., and Gossip Girl will wrap up its six-season run of OMFG drama at 9:00-10:00 p.m. In January, new series The Carrie Diaries, starring AnnaSophia Robb as the incomparable and iconic Carrie Bradshaw growing up in the 1980s, will follow in Gossip Girl's stylish heels at 9:00-10:00 p.m.
Tuesdays The CW will play doctor, with Hart of Dixie, starring Rachel Bilson, bringing its dose of Southern hospitality to 8:00-9:00 p.m., followed by new medical drama Emily Owens, M.D. from 9:00-10:00 p.m., starring Mamie Gummer as a surgical intern who discovers, much to her dismay, that working in a hospital feels an awful lot like high school.
The CW gives Wednesday a double dose of high-octane action, with new series Arrow, starring Stephen Amell as the popular DC Comics character, at 8:00-9:00 p.m., followed by this year’s People’s Choice Award-winner for Best Network Drama, Supernatural, 9:00-10:00 p.m.
Thursday nights The CW’s bloody-good drama The Vampire Diaries is back for more heart-stopping thrills and romance, followed by new series Beauty and the Beast, starring Kristin Kreuk as a homicide detective and Jay Ryan as a doctor with a dark side… a really dark side.
Fridays are filled with fierce females, with America's Next Top Model moving to a new night and time, 8:00-9:00 p.m., followed by Maggie Q’s return to action as Nikita, 9:00-10:00 p.m.
New drama Cult, starring Matt Davis as a journalist looking for his brother, who went missing after becoming obsessed with a hit TV show about a menacing cult leader, will premiere at midseason, with a date and time to be announced later.
Discuss The CW's 2012-13 line-up and also you can view complete program information.
TNT and TBS unveiled their extensive original series lineups for 2012-13 at its annual upfront presentation. TNT and TBS also announced a diverse range of new projects in development from such high-profile creative partners as David Baldacci, Michael Bay, Steven Bochco, Tom Clancy, James Duff, Howard Gordon, Norm MacDonald, Matthew McConaughey, Conan O'Brien, Michael Ovitz, Robert Port, Michael M. Robin, Ron Shelton, Greer Shephard, Don Todd and Dick Wolf. For the comedy relatables, TBS is premiering two new sitcoms this summer, each of which will be paired in the lineup with The Big Bang Theory. Next week, TBS will premiere Men at Work, followed in July by the launch of Sullivan & Son. Later this year, TBS will also debut the scripted comedy series Wedding Band, followed in early 2013 by the premiere of Cougar Town, now a TBS original series. For the comedy rebels, TBS's slate includes shows like the competition series King of the Nerds (working title) and the newly greenlit Deon Cole's Black Box and Who Gets the Last Laugh? (working title).
TNT has nine original series on tap this summer, more than any other time in the network's history. Among the new series joining the network are the eagerly anticipated Dallas and TNT's first-ever reality-competition show, The Great Escape. TNT is also building its originals slate with the recently greenlit medical drama Monday Mornings and the unscripted series Boston Blue (working title) and 72 Hours (working title).
Among the sitcoms TBS has development are: Zone Lord - Conan O'Brien serves as executive producer on this sitcom with an intergalactic twist. Three roommates awake one morning to discover an evil but very hip alien has moved into their building, along with his diminutive navigator. The Kid - To try and get his game back, a young and socially naïve golf prodigy named Quinn teams up with Joey, an unconventional new caddy. But much to the dismay of his father, Quinn learns more than just golf, as this new duo makes its way into the high-rolling, fast-moving big-time world of professional golf. The Kid is written by Donald Todd from a story by Sports Illustrated senior writer Michael Bamberger and writer Jay Hass, along with David Morse (Tremé) and professional golfer Phil Mickelson's longtime caddy, Jim "Bones" Mackay. Most Likely - It has been ten years since high school, and the former "most likely to succeed" star student returns to his hometown after losing his job. He winds up working for the former (and still) "most popular" jock in this mismatched buddy comedy penned by Josh Heald (Hot Tub Time Machine). Executive Producers: Conan O'Brien, Jeff Ross and David Kissinger.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.